Day 1

Someone Comfortable

It's another normal day again.. the girls went out for dates and shopping sprees while I sat at home with my dogs beside me. I turned to one of them 'Should we go out for a walk?' By hearing the word "walk", both of their ears perked up. 

Immediately, both of them went running for their leashes. Just as expected, their cuteness never cease to amaze me. I run my hands over their smooth fluffly fur before holding their leashes and opening the door.

The cool afternoon breeze caressed my face gently with their invisible hands. Families and couples strolled along the sceneric park while sport enthusiasts worked different kinds of workouts along it.

I sat on a wooden bench under a big shady tree enjoying the gorgeous sunset. As I was in deep thought, the dogs barked at something distracting my attention. A few feet after the small green slope before me was a little girl in a pink jacket. 

Two tiny stubs tied loosely on her head made me think that her mother is an awful hairdresser. I continued to observe her until she clumsily turned around to look at a person coming towards her. It was a man.

He had a warm smile on his face; a very gentle and loving one. It was hard to describe. Even though I don't know him, his smile unintentionally made my heart thump harder.

The girl's face brighten up as she ran towards him with her hands held high. His smile went wider and he picked her up from the ground, swinging her in the air before kissing her on the cheek. It was such a lovely scene. But a part of my heart was itching to know what relationship do these two have. Are they siblings? Father and daughter? Or are they relatives??

A weird feeling stirred in my stomach when I thought of them possibly being father and daughter. If it really is that, then she must be very lucky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I head back to the dorm and freed the two from their leashes. They ran off and head towards the kitchen immediately. The smell of enticing curry diffused into the living room and towards the door. It must be Momo cooking dinner. 

'Jungyeon, you are finally back!' Sana came towards me and hugged me so tightly I was suffocating. 'Okay..okay..cough.' 'Oops, sorry.' She smiled and dragged me into the kitchen. 'Momo when are you done?' Tzuyu asked as she sat by the kitchen counter impatiently. 'Just a little more okay?' Momo replied as she continued tasting the curry before checking the rice.

I turned towards Sana when she nudged me with her elbow. 'Where have you been? You are abnormally late today~' she gave me a you-know-what-I-mean smirk before flashing a wink with her long lashes. 'Geez, what do you mean?' I nudged her back and she laughed jokingly. 'You found someone?' 'What?!' 'Who?!' Tzuyu and Momo turn their heads towards me with their eyes wide like goldfishes.

'Oh come on, you know I'm not interested in these things.' I gave them a frown before rolling my eyes. 'But you will still find someone. Someday..' Momo said as she turned back to the pot of well cooked curry.

'Done!' 'Yessss!!' Tzuyu squealed with a spoon and chopsticks in her hands. 'Everyone! Dinner is readyy!!!' Sana yelled towards the stairs and the girls came down one by one with grateful stares at the pot of sizzling curry. 

After dinner, I went back to my room. The face of the man I saw this afternoon was still lingering in my mind. His gentle gaze and warm smile. Everything about him was so sweet and gentle. He's just like the sunset, warm, soothing and comfortable. My heart started to thump just by the thoughts of him at the park; under the setting sun.

I realized I was smiling at the ceiling when a thump fell beside me. Momo grunted as she picked up her hairdryer from the floor. 'What were you thinking about? You look so..dazed.' I jerked before stuttering to answer her. 'N..no I..was n..not..' 'Oh my god, really?~' she came closer towards me with her eyes staring at me mischievously. 'Geez, it's nothing..' 'hahahaha..' she laughed and turned away, preparing to dry her wet hair.

Well..it was someone alright..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, I got up early in the morning preparing to head to the convenience store to buy some stuffs for the girls. I put on my grey jacket and covered my head with the hoodie behind me. After making sure that I have everything I needed, I left the dorm.

********************

The clear sound of the bell rang as I entered the bright store. I greeted the cashier a good morning before heading towards the toiletries department.

After grabbing a few packets of sanitary pads in my arms, I turned around and knock onto someone. "Ouch!!" I winced and see that the sanitary pads that were supposed to be in my arms are now on the floor. 

I groaned and glare at the person before me. To my surprise, it was the man I saw at the park yesterday. I gasped and stared at him as he gave me a warm apologetic smile. 

Seconds went by and when i could finally react, I see him squatting down and reaching for the sanitary pads!! Blood rushed through my cheeks and burned them strongly. By now, I'm sure I'm as red as a fresh tomato. 

"No! No! It's fine, I can get them." My hands fumbled around as I snatched the packets back to my arms. "Th..thank you." After stuttering a soft thank you, I turned towards the counter with my head held lowly, my chin nearly touching my neck.

Goshh! That was so embarrassing!!

After paying at the counter, I didn't wait for the guy to queue up behind me. I ran out and hid by the side of the store, taking a deep breath when I confirmed that he could not see me.

As I was reminiscing the awkward encounter, a hand hit my shoulder. "Ahhhh!!!"

To Be Continued...^^