Space Girl || Chapter One

Space Girl ||

Chapter One


The music collided with her thoughts, ramming through her ears so effortlessly easily as she attempted to remain peacefully lying against the back corner of the room. Her friends had dragged her to a house party, one full of booze and people. Those people who also, were inevitably drunk. Which to her meant the absolute worst kind.

“Why did you have to drag me out for the third time this week?” she asked, her voice so quiet her friend couldn’t hear her. So she repeated what she’d said a few moments later when the music toned down, as per usual.

“Because, Rosé, you never leave the house. The world doesn’t revolve around good grades and preppy universities.” Lisa claimed, her voice far louder than Rosé’s was at this instance. She envied how outgoing her friends were.

“Yeah but-” she was cut off when someone rushed by her, pushing through to get out the balcony door that was at her side, hunching over on the patio to vomit onto the brown rock tiled floor. Rosé cringed, swaying to allow him easy access without touching her at all. “Is it really necessary to drag me to a party?” she asked, pretending as though nothing had just happened only a few steps away from her. Lisa shrugged, glancing to Jisoo who was now making her way over. Rosé sighed, shrugging off her complaints and her worries for her future marks as she excused herself from their conversation despite most likely not being heard again, and strode her way through the crowd and over to the kitchen.

She could feel the sweat building on her skin as she shifted through the groups of people, perching herself up onto a stool to pour herself a drink. She didn’t drink often, and when she did it wasn’t much, but it gave her time to think before anything else could go even more wrong. It had been a poor decision for a plaid skirt and a yellow crop-top sweater that she genuinely liked because inevitably they would get ruined under the hands of the underage teenagers surrounding her, their drinks splashing in the air.

“What’s your name?” a voice asked from her side, causing her to flinch around, drink still in her red plastic cup.

To her delight it was a women and not a man here to provide her with inferior pick up lines and lazy comments and then insult her when she said she wasn’t interested. Rather, it was a girl with long dark brown hair, space buns resting on the top of her head. She had star stickers placed delicately under her eyes. She was wearing a graphic ACDC t-shirt that hung off one of her shoulders and black high-waisted ripped jeans.

“Rosé,” she answered, and the girl smiled in response, her eyes crinkling slightly. “You don’t seem too happy to be here, Rosé,” she evaluated, sending Rosé to respond with a depleted huff.

“Yeah, I was forced.” She claimed, a sly smile spreading on her face. For whatever reason, this girl's presence had made her feel much better. Her spirits were lifted, and she wanted to keep talking with her for ages.

The girl poured herself a drink, quickly sipping it down before stepping backwards and away from the kitchen. “Well I have to run, but, I hope you have fun! See you around?”

Rosé felt her eyebrows crease against one another, confusion curating through her brain. “What? I didn’t get your name?” she called, but the girl had gone, disappeared through the crowd and off to who she assumed was her friends.

Even more tipsy now, she blinked repeatedly, confused as to whether or not she’d imagined seeing the girl in the first place. With a frustrated groan, she rested her head on her arms, eyes shutting as she attempted to recollect her thoughts and regain her sanity.  

 

゚・:,。゚・:,。★゚・:,。゚・:,。☆

 

Lisa was leant over the bathroom sink, one hand pressed up against it as she knelt in towards the mirror, applying her dark red lipstick as Jisoo got ready in the hallway outside, walking back and forth with outfit ideas, allowing Lisa to either approve or deny the options.

“Why would you ever wear a belt over a shirt?” she criticized, turning towards Jisoo and capping her lipstick before crossing her arms over her chest for the sake of the argument.

“It’s a stylistic choice!” Jisoo retorted. Lisa raised an eyebrow, but everyone in the vicinity could tell Lisa’s seriousness wouldn’t last more than two seconds before she broke into a laugh.

Rosé bit her lip, watching from in her room as her two roommates discussed their plans for the night. It had been a few days since meeting the girl with the stars on her cheeks and Rosé couldn’t stop thinking about her. She’d nicknamed her Space Girl to ease the stress of not knowing who she was. She was so pretty…

“Guys?” she asked, standing from her place on the duvet. “Er… Can I come with you?” She twiddled her fingers, standing at the door frame awaiting their response.

Jisoo paused in the middle of pulling on her shirt, her head barely poking out of the top. “Huh?” she asked, completely confused before tugging it on all the way and adjusting it. “Yeah! Yeah, of course!”

“What happened?” Lisa asked, hands clasping together once she’d put the lipstick down. “Did you meet a guy?”

Rosé felt her face go red, because what had occurred was exactly the opposite, and she wasn’t interested, she couldn’t be. She never liked anyone, and when she did she ruined it, so she remained closed off and abnormal, her trust issues always getting the better of her in her relationships; whether it be friends or something… more than that.

Lisa smirked, turning away to put away her makeup into its bag before she left the bathroom in a off the shoulder red top and high waisted button black shorts. She looked great, whereas Rosé on the other hand threw on denim shorts and a white graphic t-shirt she tucked into the front of them and some white converse she kept in her closet. Quickly, she followed her friends out the door and to the party.

 

Once they reached the place, she realized that it was absolutely absurd to think she could find one person in a huge group of people, nonetheless at a single specific party despite there most likely being three going on at the same time.

With an upset sigh, she made her way in, containing her feelings and entering through the front with Lisa and Jisoo just ahead.

As per usual, she excused herself and left to the kitchen, pouring herself a drink once again from an open liquor bottle before drinking it sullenly.

“Hey, didn’t expect to see you again,” the familiar voice of a very special person sounded from her side. Rosé twisted around, eyes widening as she spotted the girl again, but this time the stars under her eyes were gone, and instead she had silver glitter on across her cheekbones. Her space buns were off and her hair was down.

“Space girl!” Rosé mumbled, sending the girl to twist her head slightly in query as she picked herself off the ground and sat down on the cupboard, her feet dangling down and smacking against the drawers.

“Sorry, nothing. I never got your name last time,” Rosé claimed, shaking her head slightly as she backed up against the cupboard, standing against it.

“Yeah, I remember, I’m Jennie.” She smiled, silence ensuing as Rosé continued to drink from her plastic cup as she remained gazing at Jennie.

The gaze broke when Jennie glanced over her shoulder, waving to a girl who’d just called her over. She made an exasperated sound as she pushed herself off the counter.

“I have to go, again,” she sighed. Rosé frowned, upset that their moment was cut short just like last time.

“But… you should come to my show tomorrow. I mean, it’s not really a show, but it’s held by my art school. Maybe you’ll like it.” Jennie asked, picking the plastic red cup out of Rosé’s hands. She quickly jotted down her number as well as an address on the white area on the inside and time on a the cup before passing it back. She winked, made a clicking noise and flicked her fingers like miniature guns in Rosé’s direction. “The pen’s waterproof. See you around!” she grinned before walking off towards her friends.