Final

Falling(from a broom) Into Your Heart

It was only the third week into November, yet it was freezing already. Sana huffed as she made her way across the Quidditch field.

 

“Oh stop huffing it’s just one game.”Momo said to a pouty Sana.

 

“I didn’t even want to come here.” She retorted as the took their seat on the stands.

 

“Come on, you’ve never even seen an actual game: you might enjoy it.” Momo mumbled through her scarf.

 

Sana pouted, unable to retort. It’s not like she was wrong anyway. In her four-this year being the fifth- years of attending Hogwarts she’d managed to avoid attending a Quidditch game. No matter what she refused to go. Until today that is.

 

Sana had finally given into Momo’s insistent begging. Ever since she told her in fourth year that she’s never been to an actual game, Momo stopped at nothing to get Sana to go to at least one game. So when the first game of the year came around, the begging intensified. Prompting Sana to give in.

 

So here she was sitting in the Hufflepuff section, thinking of a way leave. Her thoughts were disrupted as loud cheering started. Sana glanced up, noticing the game had already started. From what she could tell their house was currently winning.

 

She winced as another player fell from their broom. Just as she was about to look away from the game, her eyes locked with the prettiest eyes she’s ever seen. Even from a distance she could make out their features. Features she had only now remembered. Though she’d never seen their eyes.

 

“Momo, that’s her.” Sana yelled through the commotion. Momo glanced to Sana’s train of sight.

 

“The one who's been sleeping in your reading spot for the past week?” Momo asked, less focused on the game now. Sana only nodded in response as she watched her fly all across the field.

 

Sana regrettably jumped up from her seat when she scored. Momo quickly pulled her back to her seat, trying to hide her laugh. Sana blushed furiously as the unnamed girl's’ eyes became trained on hers’ again. The girl's’ face was a mix between smugness and confusion.

 

Though Sana could only imagine her expression became one of pain as she was knocked from her broom. Sana shrunk lowly into her seat, feeling ridden with guilt :she decided this was the last time she’d ever attend a Quidditch game.

 

------

It was cloudy day the next day, to Sana’s dismay. Any sign of a storm bothered her. Becoming more bothered as she made her way to her self proclaimed spot. Adding to her dismay was the girl who’d invaded her spot. She would have been okay with it if she hadn’t been the reason for the girl’s pain, just a day ago.

 

Seeing her only made Sana feel more guilty. Just as she was about to turn away from the grassy spot, a voice called out to her. She turned to see the girl, sat upright staring back at her.

 

Sana unwillingly trudged her way over to the girl. She opened but she was cut off before she could even utter a sorry.

 

“Thank you.”

 

Sana gawked at her in confusion. Had she hit her head that badly? No sane person would be thanking her.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

The girl smile and repeats her words. “I said thank you.”

 

Sana blinked, dumbfounded at the conformation. “A-are you still hurting? Do you need to visit the infirmary?”

 

The girl only chuckled and shook her head. “I’m fine, I promise.”

 

“Then why are you thanking me?”

 

“Because of my injury.” She pauses pointing to her bandaged arm. “I no longer have to participate in any of the matches, for the season.”

 

Sana blinked, slowly taking in the information. “You mean to tell me you wanted to get hurt?”

 

“Well no, Ii just didn’t want to play Quidditch really.”

 

“Then why play in the first place?”

 

“Well I couldn’t say no.”

 

“And why not?”

 

“It’s my first year here but I’m a fifth year, I don’t know anyone which means I had no reason to say no”

 

Sana smiled lightly pitying the girl. “Well consider me your friend, from now on, I’m Sana.”

 

“Park Yerin.” She said, returning the smile.

 

---------

 

“Shouldn’t you be studying harder than me?” Sana asked Yerin who’d been sketching for the past hour. The sound of the rubber eraser on paper had finally gotten to her.

 

“Not really since I was home schooled, I learned a lot more than I should’ve.”

 

“Then why didn’t you stay home schooled.” Sana shot back jokingly, completely forgetting about her work.

 

“Well then I wouldn’t have gotten to meet you.” Yerin winked, effectively making Sana blush.

 

This wasn't the first time she’d thrown little flirtatious comments around.

 

There was one time just three days after Sana had proclaimed herself as Yerin’s friend. She’d snatched the glasses that sat on the bridge of Sana’s nose.

 

Despite her plea Yerin refused to give them back. “Do you actually need them?” She asked, inspecting the glasses.

 

“Yes I do, they’re called reading glasses for a reason.” Sana said pointing to her book that laid on the table.

 

“Do you have to read though?” Yerin whined.

 

Sana nodded slowly. “I don’t ee why I shouldn’t.”

 

“But when your face is pressed into your book like that, it stops me from seeing your pretty eyes.”

 

Sana was at loss for words. She sat back in her seat, shoving the book back into her face. Only this time it was to hide her blush.

 

Sana jumped back at the proximity of Yerin and herself. Yerin’s head was tilted sideways as she gazed at Sana suspiciously.

 

“You were thinking about me were’t you.”

 

Sana lied and shook her head furiously. Though her flush face said otherwise.

 

-------

 

“Why not just date her.” Momo said from Sana’s bed. Sana spun around from her desk to face her. “I do not want to date her.”

 

Momo rolled her eyes knowingly. “Sure and is that why you’ve been spending so much time with her?”

 

“She doesn’t have any other friends.” She shot back

 

“Sure she does, I’ve seen her hanging out with that Slytherin kid, Minseo I think.”

 

The thought of Yerin hanging around someone else, bothered her. And she knew why, so did Momo. Which is why she’d mentioned it.

 

“Fine I do sorta like her.” Sana said ending her act.

 

Before could give her some profound speech as to why she should go for it: there was a knock on the door.

 

Sana stood from her seat, stretching with a grimace as she realized she hadn’t changed from her uniform.

 

When she opened the door she was met with a smiling Yerin.

 

Though her smile held something else. Nervousness?

 

“Hey, I know this us kinda sudden but I was wondering if you’d accompany me to the Quidditch match.”

 

Momo stirred from the mattress, watching the scene unfold.

 

“I kinda decided to never attend a match ever again.” Sana said remembering the past events with a shudder.

 

“Oh well it doesn’t have to be the match, we could go somewhere else.”

 

Oh. Sana stood there, surprised. “L-like a date?” she asked

 

Yerin scratched the nape of her neck with a nervous nod. “Yeah, I guess so.”

 

Momo rolled her eyes as she stood from the bed. She pushed Sana out the doorway, right into Yerin’s arms. “She’ll go.” Was the last thing she said before closing the door.

 

“If you don’t actually want to come you don’t-” She was cut off by her fingers being intertwined with Sana’s.

 

“Don’t worry I do.” She said with a reassuring smile. “But really I don’t think I could ever go to another Quidditch match.”