Final

A day in Kang Daniel's life

 

 

Here it is, my first OngNiel story~ It's kinda short (I'm sorry about that)

Please leave comments so I can improve my writing skill.

Enjoy~


Daniel slowly wakes up from his deep sleep as the sun shining through the curtain, lighten up the bedroom. He lets out a groan and stretches his arm out to hug his beloved husband Ong Seongwoo, but his arm lands on the empty mattress. Daniel sits up and yawn, he looks at the empty space next to him and smiles. His husband must have been awaken and probably is making breakfast for their little family. The pink haired man lazily gets out of bed, stretches his stiff body and walks off to wash his face.

 

As he arrives at the kitchen, a fond smile appears on his face. He watches his Seongwoo feeding their 8 months old son Woojin, making baby noises and cooing as Woojin laughs. Daniel places his case on the table with a happy “Good morning, love” at Seongwoo, the latter smiles back at him and the baby babbles happily because his daddy has joined them for breakfast. Their morning is filled with small talks and laughter and Daniel wishes that he could enjoy this peaceful moment all day long. He thanks Seongwoo for the meal then get ready for work, collecting case and files, fixing up his hair and suit as he walks to the front door of their home. Seongwoo picks Woojin up and waves the baby’s tiny hand at Daniel. The man laughs then kisses Seongwoo’s lips softly.

 

“I have to work over hour today so I’ll be home late. You can have dinner with Woojin, don’t wait for me.”

 

Daniel turns to little Woojin and give big kisses to the baby’s rosy cheeks. Woojin laughs and stretches his tiny arms to hug Daniel’s face.

 

“Dada...”

“Daddy will be home soon. Don’t cause your papa any trouble at home, sweetie.”

 

He quickly puts on his shoes and waves goodbye to his family. Seongwoo says “I love you” to Daniel and the man shouts back behind the front door “I love you, too”.

 


 

He arrives at work almost late but his co-worker says that the boss is not there yet. Daniel lets out a sigh of relieve and thanks his friend. He works in the designing team at Wanna One company, brainstorming new designs and logos for their products, this season is all about the joyfulness of summer to come. His team has been working on a design to fit the boss’s new product, but nothing has met the expectation. Jisung, his team leader, encourages them to find something familiar, something that reminds customers about the product at first sight.

 

“Hyung, it’s very easy to say...”

“I know that, Dan. I’m trying my best, too. Blame the boss for his weird idea...”

“Hey Daniel, how is Seongwoo-hyung? I haven’t seen him for a while now.” Asked Jaehwan, one of his team member.

 

Daniel smiles dreamily as he tells them about the new member of their family and Seongwoo has to stay home to watch over the baby until they think he is old enough for kindergarten. The others about how love struck he is and they all laugh.

 

“Trust me, Woojinie will love the kindergarten. I had a hard time bringing little Hyunbin there at first but now he is so eager to go to school everyday.”

“Thanks for the advice, Minhyun-hyung.”

 

The boss walks in not long after that and everyone starts working on their project. Daniel sighs in frustration, about ten of his designs have been declined by their boss Ahn Joonyoung and now he is having a hard time thinking of a new design. The pink haired man moves his pencil across the paper, trying his best to create something decent enough to his boss liking until a stack of papers is placed in front of him. Ahn Joonyoung is standing right behind the papers and his smile is totally creeping Daniel out.

 

“Kang Daniel, I have a new project just for you. Since your designs do not quite reach my expectation and I can see that you’re having a hard time so I think this is a better option. Take your time to read through these papers and do your best, Mr. Kang.”

 

He then leaves before Daniel can finish processing his words. The man looks at the papers in front of him and groans, he does not know is this a good sign or not. He hears a faint “Niel-ah fighting!” from Jisung and a pat on the shoulder from Jaehwan, he knows this day will going to be a very long day.

 


 

Daniel arrives at home around 11, he takes very quiet steps in order not to wake Seongwoo and little Woojin up. After washing up and changing into a comfortable T-shirt and sweatpants, Daniel slowly slips under the blanket, laying next to their baby. Daniel is about to drift off to dreamland when he hears the blanket shuffle and Seongwoo’s sleepy voice follows right after.

 

“Daniel? Is that you?”

“Yes, love. I’m home.”

“Welcome home, honey~ I would give you a kiss if I’m not this sleepy.”

 

Daniel chuckles fondly, his Seongwoo is too cute to handle. He turns and reaches his arm out to hug both Seongwoo and Woojin, he snuggles closer to them and let out content sigh. He can feel Woojin’s hand grabbing his shirt in his sleep, Daniel kisses the baby’s head softly and whispers “Good night, Woojinie~”

 

“What about me?”

 

Seongwoo whines slightly causing Daniel to laughs again then he reaches over to plant a kiss to his cheek.

 

“Good night, babe. I love you.”

“I love you, too. Good night my giant peach.”