하나 - one

And Her Name Was

Ever since Kim Jennie was a young girl she wanted to have her own coffee shop. She wanted to be the one to deliver smiles to people early in the morning as they breathed the heavenly scent of her coffee and took in the beautiful pastel scenery of her shop. When Jennie turned eighteen her dream came true. Her parents bought her her own building. They helped her decorate, pick her color scheme, and helped create her sign and logo. 

But when her parents died, didn't know if she had the strength to go on. They did everything for her. Her mother packed her lunch everyday while her father drove her to school on time until he surprised her with a car. She owed it to them to go on. She wiped her tears and almost immediately called a company to change the name of her shop. She didn't make too many changes, but she did add a few extra words.

"Jennie's Sweet Aroma Coffee " The sign read, and at the bottom, in a slightly smaller font, read "In loving memory of Mr. and Mrs. Kim." Jennie smiled at the sign in front of her. She was going to work hard. For her parents. They would want to see her succeed and do what she loves the most. Jennie arrived at her store at eight sharp. She smiled as she looked at the building in front of her. She quickly walked to the door and unlocked it.

As she entered, she the lights to illuminate to cafe. While the lights were still adjusting she happily changed her shop sign to "Open".  She looked at the shop one last time before she proceeded to go to the back and get her apron and name tag. While she was in the back she heard the sweet sound of the miniature bell placed above the door to alert her that a new customer has entered the shop.

Jennie quickly hurried back to the front. She smiled upon seeing the newcomer reading the menu above her head. Jennie could tell he was struggling, but she understood seeing as she hadn't e the menu. She quickly switched it on and the menu lit up, the words becoming easier to read. The male sent her a small smile. "I'm sorry about that." she apologized while pinning her her hair up into a messy bun.

The said male just continued to look at the menu before his gaze landed on Jennie. "I'll have one black coffee." he orders. Jennie nods before storing the numbers into the register. After the male gives her the proper amount she prints his receipt and begins to make his coffee. After a silent five minutes Jennie returns to the counter and hands the male his drink along with his receipt. She sends him a bright smile as she would do any customer. However unlike most customers he didn't return it.

He just accepted his drink and turned to leave. Jennie was rather saddened by his cold action, but she told herself to pay no attention to it. She smiled once more before speaking, "Have a nice day." 
To her surprise the said male turned around just before he opened the door. He sent her a quick smirk. "You do the same Jeannie." he spoke. Jennie frowned upon his words. Surely he had seen her name tag so how could he mispronounce her name. Jennie shook it off once more for the second time today. It was nothing. Just a simple mistake, but that smirk said otherwise in Jennie's eyes.

The rest of the day went by smoothly. Jennie received a fair amount of customers throughout the day. Closing time came sooner than she would have liked it to. Jennie's shop was open on weekdays. She managed to change her schedule to fit more with her work. She lived alone as unsafe as it sounded. She never once thought about hiring another employee though.

She untied her apron and removed her name tag before proceeding to place them in  the back room. She changed her shop sign for the last time that day. She actually hated closing her shop. It was something she worked hard for and sometimes she got caught up in the moment and didn't want to stop what she was doing. She sighed as she locked the door and proceeded to enter her car and drive home.

While at a traffic light she let her hair down. Jennie was a free spirit. Her parents always taught her to be kind to her peers and respective to all adults if they have bad attitudes or were the ones who were in fault. She had been living for three years without them and it still hurt her every time she walked past their bedroom. she figures that's the reason why she loves her shop so much.

Jennie arrived home to see a car parked alongside her home. She smiled as she recognized the individual sitting in the driver's seat. She exited the car and rushed over to her friend. "Lisa what are you doing here?" she asked hugging her friend tightly as she exited the car. Jennie and Lisa had known each other since grade school. They had each other's back through anything. Even when Lisa was forced to return to Thailand for a year, she and Jennie spoke every morning and night. Lisa also kept Jennie sane when she had lost her parents. It was a hard time for her and Lisa practically moved in until Jennie stopped crying herself to sleep.

"Can I not visit my best friend without being taunted?" Lisa joked. She and Jennie shared a laugh. Jennie nudged her side. "What's the real reason you're here?" Jennie asked. Lisa sighed. "Jungkook's mad at me." Jennie scoffed. "What did you do... this time?" she asked in an annoyed tone as they walked towards her front door. Lisa chuckled lightly. "I am have worn inappropriate clothing to Bam's birthday party." Jennie opened the door and set her keys down. She and Lisa both made their ways to the kitchen where they would sit and talk while drinking their favorite drink. Lemonade.

They was Jennie made it, it wasn't too sour nor too sweet. "Lisa what did you wear? Better yet, did you actually wear anything?" Jennie teased. Lisa rolled her eyes. "I did. I was clothed, but I wore crop top." Jennie scoffed. "Just barely and let me guess, you had your belly ring in last night." Lisa nodded as she accepted the drink Jennie passed to her. Jennie seated herself upon the high chair and took a sip of her lemonade.

By the way, Lisa and Jennie were total opposites. Jennie was quiet and collective while Lisa was more outspoken and bold. She had a soft side, but really, only Jennie and Jungkook witnessed it. Other than that Lisa was her normal self, but that's why Jennie loved her so much. Their personalities complimented each other. They were like two peas in a imperfectly packed pod.

"You know how Jungkook is, he doesn't like you to reveal so much skin. Why do you continue to do it anyway?" Jennie asked even though she knew the answer. Lisa smirked. "Because Jennie, I enjoy the make up ." she replied. Jennie cringed. "You're disgusting. I should kick you out of my house." she joked. Lisa snickered. "Whatever. It just seems like he's actually mad at me this time. He isn't answering my calls or texts. I stopped by his house, of course, but no one was there." Lisa spoke a sudden worry being added to her voice.

Jennie smiled softly. "I'm sure he's fine. Just give him some time alright. I have class in an hour so I need some rest." Jennie advised her friend. Lisa nodded before she placed her cup into Jennie's sink and proceeded to leave. "Lisa." Jennie called, before her hand could even reach the handle. Lisa turned to her. "Stop wearing vulgar clothes. I don't want to see you an Jungkook's relationship fall because of your clothing mistakes." Jennie warned. Lisa nodded before she left.

It was two in the morning when Jennie finished her last class.  She put her laptop onto her desk and quickly applied her face mask for the night before she climbed into bed as her job awaited her six hours from now. She fell asleep almost as soon as her head hit the pillow.

To Jennie's demise her alarm went off an hour before it was time for her to open her shop. She groaned as she rolled out of bed, but nonetheless she went into the bathroom and started the shower. Although it didn't seem like it, she was more that ready to take on the day. She arrived at the shop ten minutes before opening. She exited her car as she did the previous day. By the time she was done getting her apron, name tag, it was time for her to open up.

She waited at the counter while eating a pastry that she managed to make herself. Her head shot up as she heard the sweet ringing from the bells above the door. She smiled as she realized it was the same male from the previous day. The one that mispronounced her name. "Good morning, what'll it be today?" she asked brightly. The male didn't even send her a glance before he spoke. "Black coffee." was all he said. Jennie nodded and keyed in his request.

As yesterday's events occurred it took her five minutes to make his drink. "Have a nice day." she beamed. He sent her a small smirk. "Thank you, Jenai." he mocked. Jennie let out a breath. "It's Jennie." she mumbled as he walked out of the door. She had lost her cool for a moment. Nonetheless she shook her head as she continued with on with her day.

To her surprise, during the afternoon she received a visit from Lisa. Jennie smiled as she watched the female's blonde locks approach her. "I didn't expect to see you here, what would you like?" she greeted playfully. Lisa smiled. "surprise me." she stated. Jennie rolled her eyes as she began to mix the ingredients and make the sweet cream flavored drink. "How are you and the Kookie monster?" Jennie asked putting emphasis on the pet name she gave her best friend's boyfriend.

She grabbed both cups of the sweet substance and guided Lisa to a table. Before she sat down she decided to close her store earlier than usual. After she and Lisa were done talking she would go home and rest up before class. Her life was practically planned out for her everyday. Lisa chuckled lightly at the term 'Kookie monster'. "We're fine now. I apologized and he forgave me." she replied. Jennie nodded and decided not to push further with that topic.

She recalled the male from earlier today and how he managed to mispronounce her name once again. "Lisa?" she called. The blonde hummed in response.  Jennie took slow sip from her drink. "There's this guy." Lisa's eyes widened. Jennie scoffed. "I didn't mean it like that you weirdo." she spoke shutting down Lisa's thoughts and causing her to pout. "He's been visiting every morning for th past two days and he keeps mispronouncing my name in the worst ways." she explained.

Lisa frowned. "If he just started visiting, he may be new to the area. Give him some time he'll adjust." she advised. Jennie shook her head. "You don't understand. I think he's doing it on purpose." Jennie added. Lisa chuckled. "Tell him off." she suggested. Jennie sent her a glare. "That would be rude Lisa." she scolded. Lisa rolled her eyes before she rose out of her seat to throw away her now empty cup.

Jennie followed along with her actions and the rest of the day went by normally. A week had passed. The same boy visited Jennie's cafe everyday and ordered the same thing every time. The worst part? He continued to mess up her name. Jennie had just about of enough of it and was ready to politely, confront him. Jennie stopped mid-way while handing his coffee. The male frowned. She inhaled sharply before she proceeded to talk to the male. 

"You're really short and cute and you buy a black coffee every morning, but you keep messing up my name no matter how many times I say or spell it for you." she spoke with sudden confidence. It was true. Over the past week Jennie corrected him a few times not that he actually listened. The male only smirked. He cleared his throat before he began speaking. "I think you're very short and cute and your coffee is the best I've ever tasted," the male started.

Jennie's cheeks stained a bright pink color at the male's words. "I also happen to love teasing you." he finished. Jennie rolled her eyes. He was unbelievable. "Well I would like if you would st-" before she could even finish her sentence the male had taken his drink and receipt from her hand swiftly. "My name's Park Jimin by the way." he said on his way out the door. He turned to look at the girl who was now sending his weak glares. "I'll see you around Jendayi."

Jennie wanted to correct him once more, but she noticed that the teasing names that he was giving her was actually kind of cute. That is coming from his mouth. The rest of the day she couldn't get the Jimin's slightly chubby face out of her mind. She spaced out a couple of times and even spilled and entire can of whipped cream on herself. She blamed Park Jimin. If he hadn't walking into her shop every morning with his cold expressions and heavenly voice she wouldn't be so flustered right now.

It was an hour until closing time and it started to rain hard. Jennie was worried seeing as she didn't have an umbrella. She sighed as she cleaned up the shop. She didn't expect to have any more business due to the rain so she unpinned her hair and closed her shop for the day. She was so relieved that she could go home and rest seeing as she didn't have to open the shop for the next two days nor did she have class.

Jennie cleaned for about thirty minutes before she decided to leave. Before she could finish placing the cleaning tools back to their original place she heard the bells above the door sing. She frowned at the sound because she recalled closing the shop earlier. She just shook it off and continued to finish her current task. When she walked back towards the front she was surprised to see Jimin leaning against the door. She frowned at the sight.

"What are you doing here? Can't you read the sign. We're closed." she spat in a sarcastic tone. Jimin only smirked. "I was walking past the shop when I suddenly thought that you probably didn't have any protection from the rain. I came here to help." Jennie felt her heart give a small tug inside of her chest. She  couldn't believe a complete stranger was standing in front of her offering to keep her covered while she walked from her shop to her car.

"I mean that's only if you want any. You seemed as if you were ready to scold me as soon as you saw me." he added smirking. Jennie didn't reply. She didn't know how to. She just stood there staring at the male in front of her."Jeannie, make up your mind. Do you want my help or not?" a voice snapped her out of her thoughts. Jennie sighed at the name he decided to call her by, but nonetheless she accepted the offer.

"Just give me a minute to get my keys." she spoke. She grabbed her keys and turned out the lights. Before she could ask Jimin how he was going to keep the rain off of her without an umbrella or a raincoat, neither to which she noticed he had, she felt a jacket being placed over her petite body. She turned to Jimin who only guided her out of the shop while getting pelted with raindrops. "Which car is yours?" he asked. Jennie breathed as her heart began to tug at the sound of voice. She pointed toward the gray car as Jimin nodded an lead her there.

"You need your jacket." Jennie stated as Jimin began to walk away his hair becoming soaked as well as the rest of his clothes. He turned to look at Jennie. "Just keep it. You can return it to me tomorrow." he replied. "But-" Jennie tried to decline his offer seeing as it was just rain, and her shop wasn't going to be open the next day, but she was cut off by Jimin. "Jendayi, I said keep it." he stated before he turned back around and continued walking. Jennie was a little saddened seeing as she hadn't thanked him. She watched him walk across the street to his car before she drove herself home.

She entered the house and began to prepare for school. Like any other day she finished her classes early in the morning. As she prepared for bed she noticed Jimin's leather jacket spread across her bed. She picked it up cautiously for some reason and placed it on her desk. She curled up under her covers, but it was harder for her to go to sleep that night. All she could think about was Jimin.

Events from today kept replaying in her mind. Her heart continued to tug every time she recalled the warmth of his jacket. Jennie didn't know why he was so nice to her. She didn't know why he was playing with her heartstrings. She couldn't explain it, but she did know that it felt nice. It felt nice to have someone care about you for once seeings as the ones that cared about her the most where now gone.

-----

a/n : That is the first chapter. It would have been finished sooner, but I took a nap after volleyball workouts. It's almost 5 in the morning over here and I worked hard to get this (nice and long) chapter completed so some feedback would be loved.

Thank you for reading and I will see you in the next chapter. ^^