memory

Tomorrow, filled with happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Myoui Mina’s first day at her workplace.

She was supposed to be excited, happy and just releaved at the fact that she has her own job now, but all she could feel was dissapointment and bittersweetness. How can a new nurse be happy when her first job was at prison’s mental hospital?

Mina was always scared of places like those – from what she saw in movies, books and dramas, mental hospitals were like actual hell on earth. She was interested in mental illnesses and mysteries about the function of human brain, but she would rather prefer pedriatic ward in the biggest hospital in town than an asylum, and if it could be even worse, a part of prison’s hospital. It was filled with people who were willing to hurt others. She was disgusted at such people. How could she heal and help monsters for payment? In her opinion, those people deserved death sentence, but unfortunately, it was abolished from Japanese law ages ago.

She just got on subway, and her ride was thirty minutes long, but she was already trembling like crazy. You really can’t get a normal job if you don’t have money, power and connections... She wanted to protest, but it was difficult to even get job at the prison’s hospital. Better anything than nothing at all. Especially for nurses. Nurses were treated like crap in society these days. Most people looked at them as if they were medical students who failed and decided to go for nursing instead. Mina always knew that taking care of people would be her profession someday. She could’ve been a doctor if she wanted to, since her grades were always amazing, but something inside her told her to rather be a nurse.

The moment she stepped out of the train, she looked at the letters on a high, cold and just unwelcoming building – Jonan prison hospital.

When she stepped in, Mina almost gasped in shock, seeing how old the entereur of that place was. Despite that, it was maintained pretty well.

„Hello. I’m a new nurse here, Myoui Mina. I think all my information is listed in hospital’s computer system.“,Mina said to a nurse working at information center, which had all their patients, as well as workers’ personal info.

„Oh, a new nurse? Welcome. When did you apply for the job?“

„Maybe a week ago.“,Mina replied, still looking around. It was pretty crowded for a prison hospital.

„All right. Myoui Mina, born on March 27th, 1992. That is you, right? Which department are you in?“

„Asylum.“,when she said that, the nurse first frowned and then made apologetic face, and Mina just silently nodded in agreement.

„Good luck at your first day. Here is your uniform.“,nurse said while smiling and giving her clothes. Mina bowed and left to the wardrobe. She had a weird, kind of aching feeling in her stomach as she got on the elevator, heading to asylum department. The more she walked, she was getting more nervous. What if I have to deal with the most crazy psychopaths in this prison? Mina shook her head. She was a health worker. She should be more professional. It was her job to take care of patients. No matter what kind of people they were, they were still patients. Her job was just to take care of their health. The law is going to punish them for their crimes later. It was nothing to be ashamed of. Thousands of people work in prison hospitals. Some patients could be regretting for their sins after all. Everything was possible.

„Ah, kid, how pitiful you could be? Putting you in prison’s asylum on the first day. Pathetic.“,nurses she worked with said. Most of them were much older than her. The youngest man seemed to be in his late 30’s. Despite the fact that she was new, everyone treated her like she worked for a long time, and it wasn’t really good thing. Nurses and doctors all had gloomy expressions on their faces, or rather emotionless. Well, the place you work at probably leaves an effect on you. It was an asylum, but people around were quick – everything was done as fast as possible.

„It’s Myoui Mina, right? Okay, you will be taking care of patients in rooms 9, 11, 12 and 15 from now on. All information about the patients, personal info, diseases, the medicine they’re taking, everything is written on the door. All you need to do is written there. Work well.“, the chief nurse said while examing one patient, and Mina thanked her and left. She was about to leave to room 9, but someone stopped her in doing so.

„Hey! Wait!“,a female voice behind her called her. Turning around, she saw another young nurse, who seemed way too cheerful to work at such place.

„I’m a nurse at Internal ward. I’m a substitute for one nurse for almost two weeks now. She’s on parental leave, so she can’t work, and internal ward is preoccupied. Chief nurse told me to guide you around. You’re Myoui Mina, right?“

„Ah.. Yes.“,Mina looked at latter’s face – her cheeks were full, and she was very cute.

„Nice to meet you. I’m Minatozaki Sana. Just Sana is alright.“,young woman

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter