Final

Siwoo 2: Ice Cold

"Good morning. My name is Jung Eunwoo and I'll be joining your practices from now on." Eunwoo gave confident smile as she bows while the other trainees clap and welcome her. 

 

"She's cute." Jieqiong whispers to no one in particular. Nayoung looks at her girlfriend and sighs. 

 

Yebin walks over to Eunwoo and wraps her arms around the girl's shoulders, "How old are you, Eunwoo?" 

 

"I'm a 98-liner." 

 

Yebin and Jieqiong both perked up and talked to her, saying that they can be the 98-liner squad now. 

 

The other trainees were just watching the three be noisy again. 

 

Nayoung sighs for the nth time. She turns around but her eyes catch a grumpy looking Siyeon. 

 

"What are you angry about this time?" Nayoung says as she sits down beside the girl. 

 

"I don't like her." Siyeon glares at the new trainee. 

 

"You haven't even talked to her yet. And besides, I heard she's a great singer. When we debut, she may be one of our vocalists." 

 

"That doesn't give me a reason to like her." 

 

"And I'm saying that there's no reason for you to not like her." 

 

Siyeon stays quiet. She looks away from the 98-line squad and away from Nayoung's questioning stare. 

 

"She looks weird." Siyeon whispers but Nayoung heard it well. 

 

"She's cute."  Nayoung argues.

 

"..." 

 

"What has gotten into you?"

 

But Siyeon doesn't answer. 

 

---

 

A few weeks have passed. Eunwoo, being her social extraverted self, has become friends with everyone including the trainess, the staff, the teachers. Everyone except Siyeon. 

 

They were practicing their own rendition of After School's Bang when Eunwoo met eyes with Siyeon through the mirror. 

 

Eunwoo smiles and waves through the mirror but Siyeon looked at her coldly and soon looked away. 

 

"Ouch." Eunwoo pouts when she got ignored. 

 

She turns her look away from the mirror and unto Siyeon who was a few spaces away from her. Siyeon was focusing on her dance so she didn't notice Eunwoo staring at her. 

 

Eunwoo admired how serious Siyeon is at practicing. How her eyes would scan her movements through the mirror and correct every mistake she has done. It shows just how passionate Siyeon is at what she's doing. 

 

Eunwoo smiles at the younger girl.

 

And maybe that was also the time when she started admiring her.

 

---

 

"Hi." Eunwoo gives her warm smile at Siyeon. 

 

Siyeon looks shocked to see her at first, but then she recovers and looks away. 

 

"Hello." She answers with no emotion. 

 

"How long have you been a trainee?" Euwnoo tries to start a conversation. 

 

"Seven years." 

 

"Wow. That's really a long time. You're the longest trainee here then? You must really want to be an idol." 

 

Siyeon just nods. She kept on evading Eunwoo's face so she just looks straight. 

 

"What are you practicing? I heard you sing and you're great. But when we're practicing dances, you're good at it too." 

 

"I rap." 

 

"Damnnn. You're a triple threat. You really are amazing. And you're two years younger than me. I could only sing. I'm still practicing on dancing and maybe even rapping." 

 

Siyeon just nods. 

 

Eunwoo finally realizes that Siyeon's been quiet to her the whole time. 

 

"Are you not talkative? But I hear you speak with the others. Are you uncomfortable with me?" Eunwoo bites her lip. 

 

"It's uncomfortable when someone mentions how uncomfortable it is." Siyeon finally says. 

 

Eunwoo looks at her like she doesn't understand what she's saying. 

 

Siyeon glares at her and Eunwoo gets taken aback.

 

"I need to practice. Please give me space." Siyeon stands up and begins stretching. 

 

Eunwoo nods and hurriedly moves away. She looks at the stretching girl and sighs sadly. 

 

"I just want to be close to you." 

 

---

 

"It's rare to see you down." Yebin tells her once she noticed how spaced Eunwoo is. 

 

"Oh!" Eunwoo forced a smile, "Yeah. I've just been thinking." 

 

"Well that's new." Yebin jokes and Eunwoo slaps her in the arm. 

 

"Is Siyeon always like that?" Eunwoo asks, "She always ignores me whenever I smile at her. When I say hi she would hi back and then leave. Does she hate me?" 

 

"Well, she does have a cold attitude. But she's not usually that y. Maybe because you're a new trainee. She's not used to new people. Give her some time." 

 

Eunwoo looks down and pouts. 

 

"Okay." 

 

---

 

It turns out, it isn't about time. A few months have passed, and then a new trainee came in. 

 

"I'm Kim Minkyung. Please take care of me." The new tall trainee smiled and everyone welcomed her with a smile and a clap. 

 

Yebin could be seen hyperventilating at the side, muttering things like, "I saw a goddess. She's so beautiul. Her whole existence has my wig shook." 

 

Eunwoo and Jieqiong laughs at their small dying friend. 

 

Minkyung was a good addition to them. She was funny and responsible at the same time. Her skills weren't bad either. 

 

The only problem is that, it seems that Siyeon has grown quiet close to this new trainee. They would share a lunch together, they would often go out and have fun by themselves. 

 

And Eunwoo is actually hurt and offended. 

 

"I thought she doesn't like new people?" Eunwoo pouts. 

 

Yebin could still be seen crying at the side, saying things like, "I'm too late. Siyeon asked her out. They're dating now. I look like a potato." 

 

Eunwoo struggles for air after another tiring practice. She flops to the ground and sighs. 

 

"Does she not like me?"

 

"Who?" 

 

Eunwoo screams at the sudden voice. She glares at the laughing Jieqiong. 

 

"Who are you thinking about?" Jieqiong asks after she calms down. 

 

"Siyeon. She doesn't talk to me and she keeps giving me the cold shoulder. Yebin said that she just needs time. But then Siyeon only met Minkyung unnie for a few days and they're so close now. Does Siyeon hate me?" Eunwoo looks like she is so close to crying that Jieqiong just wants to laugh at her and hug her at the same time. 

 

"Why do you want to get close to Siyeon so much anyway?" Jieqiong says as she pats Eunwoo's head. 

 

"She seems nice. And I don't know. I just really want to know her better." 

 

"Do you like her?" 

 

Eunwoo looked shocked and her face immediately turned red, "What?! No!" 

 

Jieqiong laughs, "You're too obvious." 

 

Eunwoo then looks down shyly, "Okay. Maybe a little." 

 

"Then go tell her. Yebin's also crying because she likes Minkyung unnie but she's with Siyeon."

 

"Siyeon doesn't even want to talk to me! What chance do I have when I tell her that I like her?" Eunwoo huffs. 

 

"Just give it a shot." 

 

"I can't." 

 

"Yes you can." 

 

"No I can't."

 

"Fine then. Suit yourself. Don't go crying when Siyeon ends up dating someone else." 

 

Jieqiong stands up and Eunwoo was left there. Thinking of what she should do. 

 

---

 

"Can we talk?" Eunwoo nervously chews on her lip. Minkyung and Siyeon look at her. 

 

"Which one of us do you want to talk to?" Minkyung smiled warmly. 

 

"Oh! Uhm, Siyeon?" 

 

Siyeon furrows her eyebrows and Eunwoo feels hurt that Siyeon doesn't want to talk to her. 

 

Minkyung stands up and holds Eunwoo's shoulder then whispers, "It's okay. You can do it."

 

She then walks away and only Siyeon and Eunwoo were left at the cafe. 

 

"You know you didn't have to ask Minkyung unnie to leave. You can just tell me what you want to say without bothering anyone." Siyeon coldly says as she sips on her iced coffee. 

 

"But it's really important. And I want it to be just the two of us." Eunwoo mutters nervously. 

 

Siyeon finally looks at her and raised her eyebrows, "I really don't have time for this." 

 

"Oh. I'll be really fast!" Eunwoo says. 

 

"You know what? You don't look prepared. Think about what you're going to say first before you waste my time." Siyeon then grabs her bag and stands up to leave. 

 

"Siyeon, wait!" Eunwoo shouts but Siyeon has already left the cafe. 

 

She was left there, keeping her tears from falling. 

 

She tried to be optimistic. She took the courage to tell the girl even if Siyeon clearly doesn't have any intentions of noticing her. This decision was a hard one for Euwnoo but it was all wasted when Siyeon didn't even hear her out. 

 

"She really does hate me." Her voice is trembling so much as she let her tears fall. 

 

---

 

"Idiot." Nayoung says to Siyeon and knocks her on the head. 

 

"What did I say about ignoring her? I told you not to but you still did it." Minkyung huffs in annoyance. 

 

Siyeon just sighs. 

 

"I'm sorry okay?" Siyeon looks like she's almost going to cry. "I just didn't know what to do at that time."

 

"Well Eunwoo's sick because of it." Nayoung says, "Take responsibility and visit her." 

 

"But what if she hates me now?" Siyeon worriedly asked.

 

"Ironic that you're the one asking that question now." Minkyung says. 

 

So Siyeon leaves the practice room. She walks down the stairs with heavy steps. 

 

She remembers last night. How she coldly left the cafe. 

 

Then she finds out that Eunwoo was too devastated to walk so the staff forced her to leave. It was raining at that time and the girl had no umbrella. But Eunwoo remained unbothered. She just sat down the pavement while crying.

 

Earlier this morning, they were practicing. Eunwoo lost her normal glow. Siyeon knew she messed up, so she took courage to walk closer to the girl. But before she could be any closer, Eunwoo suddenly fainted.

 

Siyeon was too shocked to say anything. She saw the staff bring Eunwoo to the clinic downstairs, followed by Yebin and Jieqiong. 

 

"She was under the rain for almost five hours last night. It's impossible if she didn't catch a cold." The nurse said to the staff. 

 

As Siyeon heard that she immediately told Nayoung and Minkyung who just scolded her. 

 

So now, Siyeon is standing there right infront of the clinic door. She was having doubts if she should

open it or not. 

 

She took a deep breath and turned the door knob. Once she got inside, all the people's attention were at her. 

 

"Hey." Siyeon awkwardly said. 

 

Yebin and Jieqiong looked at each other before smiling. 

 

"What took you so long?" Jieqiong walked over to her. 

 

Siyeon didn't know what to answer. So she just looked at the unconcious Eunwoo lying on the bed. 

 

The usually bubbly girl Eunwoo lost her glow. She looks so pale and weak and fragile that Siyeon bit her lip to keep herself from crying. 

 

"Hey it's not your fault. And besides, it's only a cold. She'll get better in no time." Jieqiong tried to calm Siyeon but Siyeon just looked down. 

 

"It's my fault." 

 

There was silence.

 

"We'll leave her to you, Siyeon." Yebin places her hand on Siyeon's shoulder. 

 

"And try not to be so cold again." 

 

There was a click on the door, and Siyeon noticed that it was only her, Eunwoo and the nurse inside the clinic. 

 

"How is she?" She asked the nurse.

 

"I gave her medicine against flu and cold. Her temperature's really high. It'll be nice if she could go home and rest." 

 

Siyeon nodded. She still feels guilty, if only she listened. If only she didn't let panic overcome her. She'd been too infatuated with running away that she didn't consider the other girl's feelings. 

 

Siyeon took the seat beside the girl and looked at her. 

 

Eunwoo definitely looked sick, her lips were dry, her eyes had dark shadows below it, her face looked so pale. And yet, Siyeon still found the girl cute. 

 

Cute. 

 

That was the problem in the first place. 

 

"I've been so stupid." Siyeon says as she looks at Eunwoo. 

 

Eunwoo then stirs in her sleep. She soon wakes up groggily and scans her surroundings. Her eyes widened when she saw Siyeon beside her. 

 

The two stared at each other for a while. It was possibly the longest they looked at each other. 

 

"Hey." Siyeon smiles. 

 

It was the first time Siyeon smiles at her. 

 

"Hey." Eunwoo answers back, confusion and weariness present in her voice. She then struggles to sit up to have a proper conversation but regrets it soon enough as her head started spinning and banging against her skull.

 

"Don't force yourself." Siyeon worriedly says as she helps Eunwoo to lie down again. 

 

"Why are you here?" Eunwoo asks after a minute of silence. 

 

Siyeon gulps, "I just want to say that I'm sorry." 

 

Eunwoo's eyes widened. She then looks away from Siyeon, "If you're here just because you feel guilty then it's okay. It's not your fault. It's my stupidity that got me into this. I was stupid to stay in the rain for almost five hours." 

 

"No. Eunwoo I-" 

 

"And besides, it was a new experience. It was fun, letting the rain hit your face. Letting the rain camouflage your tears." Eunwoo genuinely smiles. 

 

Siyeon bit her lip as she feels guiltier. Eunwoo realized this and immediately rephrased her words. 

 

"No! I meant that it was fun, seeing people fuzz about not getting wet and there I was, just sitting there and treasuring the raindrops falling." Eunwoo smiles warmly. 

 

Siyeon smiles too, she then takes Eunwoo's hand into hers and looks straight into her eyes. 

 

"I'm sorry. Not just for last night. But for everything that I did. For being cold to you. For ignoring you. For being a to you. I'm sorry for that." The look in her eyes were so intense that Eunwoo was forced to look away. 

 

"I already told you it's fine." 

 

"No. It's not fine. I've hurt and offended you, all because I was afraid." 

 

"Afraid of what?" 

 

Siyeon stood quiet. She didn't know what to answer. She'd been afraid all this time, and now Eunwoo was asking her what she's afraid of. 

 

"You can tell me." Eunwoo's grip on Siyeon's hands tighten. 

 

Siyeon takes a deep breath, "I don't hate you. In fact, it's the opposite. I'm too attracted to you to the point that I think of you 24/7 a day. You just felt so different when I first saw you and it made me so uncomfortable that you made me feel that way. I don't know how to act in front of you. I just gave you the cold shoulder so I could avoid any conversation with you. I didn't want to be near you because I just want to hug and kiss you and pinch your adorable cheeks and treasure you with all my life. I'm scared that I might do something stupid whenever I'm near you so I chose to distance myself. And look what that got you into." 

 

By this time, Siyeon was a sobbing mess and Eunwoo didn't know what to say. 

 

"I'm sorry for being insensitive. My actions have hurt you a lot. The least I want to happen was for you to get hurt but that's what I did. Last night, I was panicking so much because you looked so serious about talking to me. I said some stupid lies and hurriedly ran away. I'm really sorry." 

 

Siyeon continued to sob and Eunwoo smiles. 

 

She removed Siyeon's hand that is covering her face and wiped the girl's tears with her thumb. 

 

"I like you." Eunwoo says in a confident and direct manner. She gave the warmest smile to Siyeon and Siyeon feels like melting after Eunwoo smiled at her. 

 

Siyeon took in the older girl's words and she had nothing to say. 

 

"Please tell me if you like me back or not because waiting is such a hard thing to do." Eunwoo shyly asks. 

 

Siyeon regained herself and smiled the most genuine smile that she has. She grabs the older girl's face and leaned in for a peck on the lips. 

 

Eunwoo looked shocked and Siyeon just goofily smiled. 

 

"I like you too." 

 

Eunwoo reached for the younger girl as she can't sit up the bed. Siyeon leaned down for Eunwoo to reach her. Eunwoo enveloped her in a hug.

 

"Don't cry now, you Brat."

 

"You're crying too, Idiot."

 

---

 

"They're making out. I repeat, they're making out!" Yebin yells inside the practice room after she went to visit the clinic. 

 

"Well, that escalated quickly." Jieqiong says with a smile. 

 

Yebin was too busy acting crazy and running all around the room that she didn't notice Minkyung was infront of her. 

 

A crash was heard and you can see Yebin on top of Minkyung on the ground. 

 

"Oh uhm." Yebin struggles for words as she was blushing a deep shade of red. 

 

Minkyung was also in a state of being at loss for words so she just lied there while looking at Yebin. 

 

The two were just staring at each other and Jieqiong wonders if the two have any intention of getting off from each other. 

 

"You know, I missed my girlfriend." Nayoung suddenly whispers on Jieqiong's ear as she wraps her arms around the girl. 

 

"What is going on?" Kyungwon, the new trainee, wonders as she looked at the flirting trainees in front of her.

 

---

 

A fluffy Siwoo as requested by @BYoungni ahahhaha. I thought I needed to make up for the last Siwoo one shot where it ended tragically for Siyeon. 

 

Oh and btw, I didn't add the other members because this was in the order of their trainee years. Eunwoo was a new trainee so I couldn't add the others that came after her.