Light

The Light.

Yuna and Yujin has been friends since little. Almost like twins, they did everything together. Until Yujin's parents passed away and she have nobody else, Yuna moved in with her.

One day, the teacher announced that they are going to a trip. "Yujin-ah, are you going to that trip ? I'll go !" Yuna asked. "I'm not sure yet." Yujin said. "Ah why ? Are you going to let me go alone ?" Yuna asked. "Please join. Pleaseeeee ~" She makes her puppy eyes. "If you don't, I will spread your ugly sleeping picture on the class group chat." Yuna treated. "Yah ! Okay fine, I'll go." Yujin said. "Yeayy !" Yuna cheered.

The day...

The alarm rings, waking only Yuna up. She wake up and wash her face. Then, she went to the kitchen and take 2 banana milk from the fridge. She drink one and walk to Yujin's room with another in her hand. Without waking Yuna up, she puts the straw into Yujin's mouth and uncounciously, Yujin drinks it up. Yuna smiles, she knows what wakes her best friend up. Then, she proceed to the kitchen to cut the Kimbap they made the night before while Yujin pack their clothes for the trip.

"Yah ! You took my shirt !" "Why is my shorts in your wardrobe ?"

Arguing, they ended up almost late for the bus. They run to the bus stop and from afar, they see that the bus is moving. They run the fastest they can and shout. And fortunately, the driver hear them and stop. They sit at the back, still panting. "Maybe we should participate in the Olympic." Yujin said.

They stop at the school, where they are supposed to assemble. As Yuna went to meet the teacher, Yujin sit alone, thinking about something. Actually, she didn't feel good about this trip. It's the feeling she had when her parents decided to go out on the rainy night. And she knows something bad is going to happen, but she keep in quiet and not to ruin Yuna's fun.

As they board the bus, they continue to have fun. They eat, sing and take some selfies together. However, the fun didn't last long. The noise in the bus quite down when they saw the headlight of a truck right in front of their eyes, blinding them.

1 week later...

Yujin sits on her bed as soon as the alarm rang. She puts her legs on the floor, stretching a stick until it touches the floor and stand up, finding her way to the kitchen. She drinks a banana milk and sit on the chair until she finished it.

She succeed in finding her way to the bus stop. She sits there, waiting for the taxi she called a while ago. After giving the address, the driver drive somewhere. As they arrive, the driver help her settle in a place and went away after that. Yujin sits down on the rock, with her legs dangling on the edge. She opens the bag, taking out a container and 2 banana milks. She opens the container, revealing Kimbap and drinks the milk.

She enjoys the light breeze and the smell of the sea. She would always come here with Yuna, in the past. She used to see the sun on the clear sky, but now, she sees darkness. Yes, after the accident, she became blind. Most of the students were dead, including Yuna.

Yujin memorise the memories she had with Yuna. From they first met, until their last moments together in the bus. She tried to hold her tears but failed.

She look to her left. Although it's dark, but she can see Yuna. Sitting right beside her, smiling.

She's gone, but she lives as her light now.