final.

candles + tattoos
Please log in to read the full chapter

1

CANDLES & TATTOOS

 

 

After speeding through the aisles and almost running into a small child, he finally made to what he calls heaven, which was really just aisle 7 with the scented candles, decorations and kitchenware. Apparently it's only heaven for him because the side of the aisle that belongs to candles is completely empty, and the shelves remain full and untouched.

He crouches down and eagerly eyes the colorful display of jars before him; so many different scents right in front of him and he can smell whichever one he wants. Although it's never an easy task to decide on one candle, he absolutely adores this.

Personally he'd rather have something more fruity, tangy, like a citrus, instead of those flowery scents that hurt his nose and kill his soul. But this time he feels like going for something new, and so the hunt begins.

He's in the middle of smelling a purple candle, labeled Lavender & Vinegar, when suddenly a person stands beside him, eyes swerving across the shelf. Gongchan doesn't look at the person, ignores their presence completely and only continues to sniff the jar for a few seconds before deciding that yuck that isn't for him.

It's only after he's about to settle on taking the orange citrus and berries (which he always ends up getting, since it's among his top 10) that he is forced to acknowledge the stranger beside him, as their hands meet halfway through.

Gongchan is startled, and retracts his hand immediately, letting out a small 'oh.' Then he's blushing madly because he feels stupid for having done such a cliche thing, and he wishes he had never reached for the candle in the first place.

In the middle of his many regrets, the stranger's hand suddenly appears right before his eyes, holding onto the little jar in his hand. Gongchan stares at it in awe because their fingers are full of rings, with a tattoo that can barely be seen on the back of his hand, but seemingly trails down his index finger.

"You can have it," the stranger says, and by the looks of the veiny, manly hands it has to be a guy. Gongchan clears his throat and brings up his hand to take the candle, but stops almost as soon as he touches it because he had the brilliant idea to look up at the stranger and almost wheezed when he did because man, what the actual heck.

The tattoo and rings were one thing, but the rest of the guy is on a whole different level and damn, Gongchan feels like a girl beside him. The guy's hair is pitch black, falling over his eyes which are small, yet sleek. He has piercings on both of his ears, two standard and two helix on his right ear, as well as an industrial piercing on his left.

Then there's his clothes, all black. A sleevless black shirt, black ripped jeans, and black leather boots. And although more on the leaner side, the muscles on his arms were still noticeable, and his neck didn't lie either. He still had a couple more silver shiny stuff on him but Gongchan decided not to look anymore..

"No, you take it. I'll, uh, just keep looking," he said quickly, once again retracting his hand while praying that this guy didn't beat him up.

The fact that he had just gotten a quite cute haircut and was wearing a pastel hoodie with nyan cat on it didn't really help him look intimidating at all, in fact he looked more like the perfect victim for manly-looking men like the stranger.

But all that aside, what shocked him the most wasn't the extreme contrast between them, but it was more the fact that the epitome of masculinity was standing right beside him, in aisle 7, the candle section, holding onto a freaking candle.

"You sure?" The guy said, and Gongchan didn't realize how nice his voice was until now. Too afraid to speak, Gongchan just nods his head, and the guy takes away his hand.

Gongchan almost let out a sigh of relief because he thought the stranger would finally leave but boy was he wrong.

Instead of leaving, the guy just crouches down beside him and returns the redish candle in his hands back to the shelf.

Gongchan feels the urge to leave, but he just gulps and attempts to remain calm and collected.

And they stay like that for a few minutes. Gongchan pretends to check out a few candles, even sniffs them every now and then, but he can't smell anything and doesn't even read the labels because his heart is pounding against his chest because tattoos here isn't leaving. It feels like hours have gone by already, but he knows it's only been a couple of minutes, five at most.

Suddenly, the guy stands up again, and Gongchan side eyes h

Please log in to read the full chapter