A Night Out and Some New Information

Red Like Blood, Blue Like Bruises

Jiyong huffed in annoyance as Youngbae put antiseptic on the cut under his eye. 

    “I’ve had worse Youngbae, why are you going all mother hen on me now?” The blond’s best friend tsked, flicking the smart on the darkening bruise. “Ow!” Jiyong complained, though it didn’t really hurt. Honestly, he liked when his best friend fussed over him. It was something they never got as children, so it was a sort of paternal feeling. It didn’t stop him from bothering the shorter man about it, though. 

    “Because whenever Lee is around, you become reckless. Look, I know you see that guy as a rival, but you’re an idiot for always seeking out trouble with the Blues for fun.” 

    “It’s not for fun!” Jiyong tried to argue, but a stern look from Youngbae shut him down. He grinned sheepishly. “Okay, yeah, it’s fun. But I swear, that kid’s a jerk. I’m just trying to put him in his place, Bae. Cocky little , who does he think he is?” 

    Youngbae groaned at his friend’s recklessness. “He thinks he’s one of the head negotiators and hitmen of the Blues, because he is. And he’s only a couple years younger than us, Ji, don’t underestimate him. And grow up!” Youngbae whacked the back of Jiyong’s fluffy white head to get the stupid pout off the 27 year old’s lips. How was he the second in command to one of the largest mafia organizations in the city? Easy—his ability to change his character on a dime. Kwon Ji Yong, also known as G-Dragon, the golden child of Yang Hyunsuk, leader of the Reds. GD and Taeyang, the Reds’ strongest duo. Taeyang handled the undercover work, spying, hacking, tracking, anything that didn’t involve his face. GD, unlike Youngbae, was well known to every gang throughout the city of Seoul. He was the hitman, the assassin. He led gang and turf wars, and was often in contact with the higher ups from other gangs. The duo was perfect—Taeyang hunted the target down, found his location, schedule, what he had for breakfast that morning. GD used this to his advantage to take the target down. Of course, their methods were only used when warring between the gangs were especially bad. Usually they got away without any blood on their hands. Nothing like a good scare to jar information out of people. G-Dragon was nothing like Kwon Jiyong, though. Cold, heartless, black-and-white GD was very different when he wasn’t in the field. While Jiyong, the boy Youngbae had grown up with, was snarky, sarcastic, and albeit a complete piece of work at times, he was also loyal to the bone and somebody Youngbae trusted with his life. 

    “Jeez, Bae, I know. You’ve done your research, I’ve done mine. I’m good, don’t worry,” Jiyong said breezily, tapping the bandaid on his cheek and jumping to his feet. “This is just a flesh wound. It might set me back with the ladies, but I’ll get over it soon. I’m a big boy now, mom.” Youngbae reached to smack him on the head again, but Jiyong ducked and ran off, giggling like a child. Sighing, Youngbae resigned himself to his room to work. Better to leave Jiyong alone to blow off some energy. 

    

    Jiyong, left with one of his rare days off, decided to head into the city to enjoy the nightlife. Despite the gangs, drama rarely happened in populated areas—turf wars took place under the radar of police, and as long as a Blue or a Gold wasn’t in Red territory, Jiyong had no reason to confront them. Besides, No Mans Land was always the best place to party. Shrugging on a simple white tee, his signature red leather jacket, and ripped jeans, he set out into the night. They say the city never sleeps, and in Red territory, they were right. The streets were buzzing with activity, and Jiyong had to weave through clumps of excited civilians to get to his destination. The red jacket was feared, but also accepted. The people of Seoul, of the Red district, knew about the Reds as well as the feuds between the different gangs. This simply stopped them from wearing Blue or Gold when in Red territory, or from wearing Red or Gold in Blue, et cetera. Nobody avoided him, like he thought they would when he first joined the gang. Barely a teen, Jiyong had been, when he witnessed his parent’s murder by the Blues. One of their leaders at the time had some drama with his father, and one thing led to another; a homeless kid with a vendetta against the Blues. Youngbae had been his best friend all his life, they had similar interests and had been inseparable ever since their first meeting. After hearing about Jiyong’s parents’ murder, Youngbae refused to accept Jiyong into his household—the blue and black bruises he came to school with all the time as his excuse. Instead, he offered a different solution; to run away together. Like hell was Jiyong going into foster care, and Youngbae wouldn't leave his friend on the streets alone. That was one thing Jiyong was always grateful for in his life. Through thick and thin, Youngbae was there for him. Jiyong owed him his life on several occasions. However, despite everything his best friend had done, there was something Youngbae never quite could offer him.

    Hands in his pockets, Jiyong let the current of the streets pull him towards the outskirts of Red territory. He arrived at his destination nearly half an hour of walking later. You could feel vibrations in the air from the pulsing music, and Jiyong revelled in the way it made his bones quake. Even a knife fight in a back alley didn’t quite compare to the feeling of getting drunk in a club. His adrenaline was pumping, but not out of defence, instead out of pleasure. Walking past the bouncers like he owned the place, he strut to the bar and called for the usual. 

    “Yo, GD,” the bartender greeted as he slid the whiskey and coke down the table expertly. 

    “Daesung!” Jiyong smiled back at him, catching the glass just as smoothly. “How have things been? I haven’t been here in a while.” 

    “Tell me about it,” Daesung rolled his eyes. “You totally went MIA! I was worried you finally got snuffed out or some , hyung. Glad to know you’re okay.” Jiyong laughed smugly and took a long sip of his drink. God, whiskey was awful. He took another sip. “Nothing’s happened recently, thank god. Pretty quiet around these parts,” Daesung yelled over the blaring music, and both of them laughed at his pitiful attempt at a joke. Jiyong admired Daesung’s bright personality, being able to work the place he did. Angels, the club he worked at, was probably the busiest nightclub in all of Seoul. Located in No Man’s Land, it was like a melting pot of gangsters and civilians alike, all out for a good time. Both criminals and innocents mingled there, and police knew better than to hang around, or everyone would just find a new location. 

    “So what about you?” Daesung interrupted his thoughts, leaning over the bar to speak quieter. “You were gone for a couple weeks. Something go down?” 

    “Naw,” Jiyong’s eyes scanned the dance floor. “Some is going on with the Blues right now. The Golds are involved somehow, too. They were getting up our asses, so we had to lay low for a while and sort things out with them. Thought we were messing with their trades, selling false information and all that ery. Total bull. But we met with the Gold’s rep today and talked it all out.”

    Daesung eyed the bandage on Jiyong’s face. “Talked, huh?” Jiyong only laughed. He chugged the rest of his whiskey and winked at Daesung as he slammed the glass down onto the table. 

    “Now, get me something fruity and strong. I’ve got some dancing to do.” 

 

    Jiyong grinded unashamedly on anyone who would let him, but as soon as the usual whisper of you wanna go somewhere else? came up, the blonde simply hummed and moved on to another willing participant. 

    “ing tease,” a dark haired man grunted and turned his attention elsewhere. Jiyong was well past buzzed, and his vision was swimming pleasantly. He stumbled from person to person, yelling when the crowd yelled, and laughed with random strangers. As much as he loved the thrill of a fight, in the club he was in his element. It was hot, and Jiyong knew he was coated in a layer of sweat, but his jacket wouldn’t come off. It was his signature look, so he had to suffer through the heat. Which was fine by him, he knew he looked damn good wet. But it also attracted attention. 

    “Well well,” Jiyong heard in his ear. Arms roped around his waist, resting just above his belt. “What have we here? Little Red Riding Hood.” Jiyong scoffed, but preened to the touch. It wasn’t the first time he’d heard that line. Seriously, he wasn’t even wearing a hood. But damn, that voice was y. Maybe drinking that much wasn’t such a good idea after all. 

    “Mm?” Jiyong turned his head to see his admirer. “And what are you, the Big Bad Wolf?” 

    He could hear the smug grin in the other’s voice when he whispered in his ear again. “I wouldn’t say I’m a wolf, but I’m definitely big.” Jiyong cackled, and grabbed the hands holding his body.

    “How long have you been waiting to use that one?” He giggled, stumbling towards the bathrooms with the other in tow. 

    “Long enough,” was the reply, and then hot lips were on Jiyong’s, as the blonde was pressed roughly against the wall. They kissed for what seemed like ages but also not long enough, as the strobe lights flashed and the music pounded.
    “I thought you wanted us to be discreet, Ri?” Jiyong asked when they finally separated, but only by inches. Lee Seungri grinned sheepishly, diving in for another peck. 

    “Well then, Kwon, don't flirt with everyone in the whole club when you know I’m watching you.” Jiyong groaned, and glanced around suspiciously. Seungri just sighed and pressed closer. “Obviously I scoped the place out beforehand. No Reds, no Blues. Just us,” he purred. Jiyong ran his hands down Seungri’s broad chest, stopping just at the hem of his pants. 

    “Idiot,” Jiyong groaned. “We’re still in public though. Can’t risk it.” 

    “Killjoy,” Seungri mumbled, kissing him again. The younger tugged on Jiyong’s shoulders, and the two stumbled awkwardly to what was labeled as a janitor’s closet. Except they had been there enough times to know it was hardly cramped. Locking the door behind them, they finally split apart, sweating and more than a little aroused. Seungri gave Jiyong a once-over from his head to his feet, and grinned. “Still wearing that gaudy jacket at all times, even if we’re in a heat wave.” 

    “Oi, watch your mouth, punk,” Jiyong growled light heartedly, smacking the other man upside the head. “It’s leather.” 

    “Whatever you say hyung, but it’s still tacky.” Both men glared at each other playfully for a few more moments before Jiyong sighed in defeat and melted into Seungri’s welcoming embrace. 

    “I missed this,” Seungri whispered into his lover’s neck, kissing just behind his ear. “I missed you.” 

    “Cheeseball,” Jiyong mumbled back. “I missed you too.” But as much as they wanted to stay in the moment, there had been business to attend to. Despite how Jiyong was probably too drunk to be handling it at the moment, it had to be dealt with. 

    “So, the Golds.” Seungri grunted at the name. “We had a run in today, and they didn’t seem to like what we had to say. The situation cooled off for now, but I feel like it will spark again eventually. Do you have anything?”

    “They’ve been trying to negotiate recently,” Seungri revealed. “They want the Blue’s help to find a mole in their system. They think it’s someone related to the Reds. They talked pretty big, almost like they were preparing a takedown of the whole operation. We said we’d think about it, because we don’t want with the Reds, or Golds. What do you have?”

    “The same,” Jiyong muttered bitterly.

    “What?”

    “The Gold’s want the Red’s help to take down the Blues. We met today and, as you can see, we didn’t agree. But bossman has been thinking about it. ,” Jiyong growled. “They’re trying to get us to take each other down.”

 

~

 

And THIS is why I don't write chaptered fics. Seriously, what has it been, 4 months? And I already had half the first chapter typed when I posted the prologue. I'm so sorry, updates will be VERY infrequent as I am such a slow writer, not to mention super busy with school and work, but I usually procrastinate by writing so I can't blame that. I'm just super unmotivated. Idek why I'm posting this, it'll take me forever to write >_< But I hope some people enjoy anyway. Thanks for reading, I can't guarantee when the next chaprer will be up but I promise I'll try hard to get it done within the next couple of months. Sooner, if possible, but 'me' and 'writing quickly' never seem to go in the same sentence. Again, I'm sorry. But I really do want to write this, and I hope people want to read it too. Okay, I've talked for long enough now.