I Miss You

Fourth Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[The filming was delayed so I think I will only be finished at around 1 am. What are you doing? Did you get off from work already?]

 

A message sound vibrates. Lee Hyuk who is burying himself between piles of files on the desk, lifts his head and checks his phone. The pop-up notification shows a message from Sunny. It is already 10 pm, but the filming still hasn’t finished yet. He heaves a deep sigh. Her current drama he gave a consultation for is approaching the end thus the filming schedule has become tighter and busier. Yesterday, when they talked over the phone at late night, her voice sounded weak and tired that he worried she was actually sick.

 

Hyuk hasn’t met Sunny for nine days. As the main filming set is now in Chuncheon, she usually arrives in Seoul at 3 am, and as he is working day and night on a serial robbery and murder case, he usually goes straight home after midnight and falls asleep immediately.

 

However, today he feels he has almost reached a limit. A limit where he cannot bear to withstand his urge for her warmth presence anymore.

 

It has already been three months since they started dating, since Sunny put the lion bracelet on his wrist and called it a handcuff.

 

The actress who is currently top five in the celebrity brand reputation ranking in three consecutive months and the formidable detective of Violent Crimes Team 1 in the Gangnam Police Station which has the highest case solving rate, both began dating knowing their own demanding jobs, so they could not dream of a normal date. The two mostly have dates by secretly meeting late at night in each other's house. However, even in his worst day, when he looks at her bright smile, his fatigue is instantly relieved as though he has drunk an energy boost. It sounds unbelievable and laughable, but it is the honest truth.

 

Hyuk unlocks his phone to reply, and is greeted by the wallpaper Sunny set for him. Her smiley face without make up. Until this time, he never once changed his default wallpaper since he bought his phone because he was too lazy to choose a picture.

 

But a month ago, Sunny burst into laughter seeing his plain lines pattern wallpaper.

 

"What’s with the wallpaper, when you have a girlfriend this pretty?”

 

Then she took a selca, set it as the wallpaper, and showed the phone to him.

 

"It’s much more beautiful now, isn’t it? The wallpaper? I don’t take pictures without my make up, but I don’t mind this time because it’s for you. When you have hard time at work, cheer up by looking at this, okay?”

 

When she finished, he just laughed while tousling her hair unable to hide his giddiness at her narcissistic claim.

 

Staring at her pretty face adorning his phone, Hyuk then rises from his seat and quickly wears his jacket and coat. The limit is reached and he can’t take it anymore. He must meet her to be able to sleep well tonight. Maybe he will have to drive five times his usual driving time, but it doesn’t matter. His fatigue will disappear as soon as he sees his girlfriend, anyway.

 

Before he runs the car, he stops himself from sending a message informing her of his sudden visit. A surprise may be a good idea.

 

---

 

As soon as Sunny receives his call, Hyuk quickly blurts a question without waiting for her greeting.

 

[Hel-]

 

"Where are you now?"

 

[What do you mean where? Of course the filming set.]

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter