Chapter 1

Eye contact was all I wished for!

On the day when Nichkhun oppa and Wooyoung oppa were coming to Abu Dhabi to shoot a program. I had few hours to decide what to do when it was announced that they had boarded their flight. I made my calculations and came to the result that they will be arriving to Abu Dhabi when the next day’s sun rises. At night, without further delays I drove from a city to the other, it was 9:00pm when we left the house. I drove all night long and because of my clumsiness we got lost couple of times which made us arrive to the hotel we booked a reservation in at 2:00 or 3:00 am. I was on the verge of making my dream come true so I didn't forget my duties as a fan - I've prepared my fangift three years ago from the date when Khun oppa received it - sad and funny I know. When we settled in the hotel room I wrote a short letter for my beloved one, the time was minutes after 4:00 am. I actually wanted to wrap myself and give me to him but well let's be realistics. So I had less than one hour approximately to sleep, and I did. I sat my alarm to 5:00 am, and fell asleep... I obviously couldn't sleep well cause I knew I may miss this chance. Being the human that I am, when the alarm went off I tabbed ‘snooze’ stupid I know. I woke up 5:15 am, I was cursing actually. I went to wake up my companions, and I heard objections as I did. For a fraction of a second... I really thought of giving up! I mean how lucky could Rim get to meet the ‘love of her life’ but I'm stubborn and I know me.

I decided not to give up.

And I didn't!

I started threading that ‘I'll leave you girls and will go alone’! As I started apply the make up, my zombies of companions woke up. For my adorable luck, I had LASIK surgery done to my eyes not too long ago and I couldn't use any make up for my eyes! The part am most confident about in my face is ‘my eyes’! I wanted to charm oppa (and please don't laugh).

But actually nothing matters, my only thought was to steal a glance at him, he doesn't have to look at me! I needed to look at him!

So we left the hotel heading to the airport.

We saw Nichkhun oppa and Wooyoung oppa’s faces in every face we've encountered! But the fear of us missing them was scaring us.

One of my companions went ‘Ah it's them! They are over there!’

My inner brain went ‘Hell! I can't see them!’

I started panicking “Are you sure?! Aren't you being delusional! I don't see anyone!”

She opened the car door and stated “Am sure! That's Wooyoung oppa! I remember the shirt he was wearing before boarding the plane in Incheon airport!”

I didn't see anyone, but I started shivering just thinking of that.

‘Finally me and Khun oppa are standing on the same ground and breathing the same air.’

But before letting my imagination run wilder that it already did, I had to make sure! My eyes had to make sure.

We grabbed our phones, cameras (and most importantly the bag containing my fangift) then we alighted from the car - few of us were crossing the street already heading to the ‘arriving’ gate. As I was crossing the street, walking on top of the pedestrian crossing lines... my heart was banging.

Cause I saw him... cause I really saw him! In contrast to his black hair, his fair skin looked fairer. He was standing with his back directed to us. Indeed his red checked shirt was the same as what I saw of him before boarding in Incheon. Wooyoung oppa was talking and goofing around with the crew he was standing with. He didn't notice us or the three girls who were standing while beaming smiles at him, from his attitude we could tell that they didn't except the arrival of fans... their fans. That's why him, the manager and the crew were unguarded - serves them right! (Yes I'm laughing on the memory)

I was still in control of every part of myself - excluding my heart. But my eyes weren't satisfied!

I love Wooyoung oppa and the whole 2PM package! But only KPopers know what your bias mean! To me he ain't a simple bias! You could say I've never loved a guy as much as I've loved Khun oppa! I actually... I've learned what love really means! Don't judge me ‘nasty look’.

‘Sigh’ anyways back to our story...

I looked left then right looking for my Prince Charming!

And when I spotted him time stopped! Or it felt like time has stopped! My heart might be the thing that stopped! Momentary everything moved in slow motion. Khun oppa was on my right side... little away from where Wooyoung oppa stood. He looked irritated, little angry... his eyebrows were knitted. He looked at Wooyoung oppa, then walked toward him. He was walking toward Wooyoung oppa, but my mind made it look like he was walking towards me.

For a moment... I forgot who I was, why was I there, what was I planning to do... and most importantly ‘how to breathe’.

I could feel my heart beating in every part of my body! It was killing me that I was unable to wrap my arms around him. The weight of the gift I was holding brought me back to reality! I had seconds to decide how will Rim act in front of Nichkhun! I have a bright mind, it never failed me in generating an idea in a matter of seconds. My plan basically was ‘to act like a human’. The few of us we're representing Arab fans, or let me specify Arab Hottests. But I couldn't care about any of that, I had to represent myself. Instead of panicking, crying, jumping, screaming, or any irrational act... I prepared my most beautiful smile! I tightened my grip on the bag to keep myself in check.

He stood next to Wooyoung oppa - they were discussing stuff I couldn't hear. When he turned around and was about to walk back the way he came from... I called his name without thinking!

“Nichkhun oppa!”

My voice wasn't loud, I spoke as if I was making an ‘everyday conversation’. And he heard me! He freakin heard me! For an instance my voice wasn't only my voice! It was a voice that was heard by Nichkhun oppa! How special that is?!’

In response to his name he looked back, his eyebrows rose up and he looked like a 2 years old kid.

The eye contact I was dreaming for got checked in my brain!

I wanted to jump in happiness, but I've decided to celebrate later when Khun oppa wasn't looking ‘laugh’.

Not only him, also Wooyoung oppa looked our way.., that's when all of them noticed us ‘fans’.

The innocent exclamation mark on his face got replaced by ‘oh crap!’ expression!

It was funny though.

He decided not to take action, he simply look... and it was an eye contact for more than a second (Yes!).

I didn't want his face to turn away, so I extended my gift bag towards him. There was less than 1 meter distance between us... and I decided not to try and approach him - him withdrawing to the back was the last thing ever I needed. He smiled as he shook his head meaning that he wasn't supposed to take it, then he walked away.

My companions were speechless, them ‘2PM members’ looking at us was enough to make them faint. But brave me didn't stop at that!

I thought ‘Nichkhun oppa seems like the only English speaking one among them.’

I assumed that he was busy with the paper work, so I gave up on the idea of handing him the gift on my own.

‘But he's going to receive it whether he liked it or not’ my evil inner brain was determined.

I kept the same smile on then turned around to look at Wooyoung oppa. He looked surprised - I bet that he was thinking ‘God I'm next!’

As if I've forgotten all of the Korean words except oppa, I blurted “Oppa! Please!”

His surprised expression became troubled!

He looked like a kid.

But I didn't give up I repeated my words “Oppa! Please please please!”

(Yes I said please three times)

He sighed, and I saw it as an ‘I give up sign’.

And it was!

He gestured to the manager to go and pick it up.

The guy (don't ask me what his name is) came closer and took the bag from my hand. I made sure not to touch his hand, and so did he.

When the gift was out of my hand, I thanked them both then threw a glance at Nichkhun oppa’s busy silhouette.

 

There's more to the story, but selfish me decided to keep those memories to herself =P