001

THE SNOW

As expected , he woke late again today. Honestly, if it weren't for that science presentation in class, I wouldn't  come too.

It's so cold.

I'm even wearing several layers underneath. My nose is running and it's red.

I can see my school from afar. Everyone's the same as me. Layered with several clothes. I sighed.

"Kim Taehyung, don't you dare let me present alone today"  I thought.

When I walked in the hallway, my friend ,Hyejung, greeted me. "Oi , Hana! You look sick! " she said with exclamation as she pointed at my runny nose. I jerk my tongue at her. "Shut up. You look the same " I replied back and we both chuckled.

" Is Mrs Jung coming today? " I asked.

" Of course, silly! You think she'll forget about that science presentation? I swear she has strong memory for an old lady! " Hyejung said, covering seconds after in case someone else heard it.

I laughed at her silly behaviour.

"Oh well, I'll go in now" I said and she nodded before trailing off somewhere.

I walked into my class when someone bumped into me, hard. "Ow " I muttered, stumbling back. Someone caught my hand and I looked up at this tall person.

Jeon Jungkook.

"Sorry. I didn't see you " he said. I said it's fine and shrugged it off. I walked passed him . He stood by the door for a few seconds, watching me before he walked out of the class. Honestly, I'm not comfortable with other boys here. It's not that I'm shy , like how everybody literally perceives me as. I used to be called fat when I was in primary school especially by the boys and I believed them. Although , looking back now, I know I wasn't. It's just that I'm not stick thin.

That's why growing up and being in high school now, I choose to be careful around them, not trusting them easily. Most importantly, to avoid them at all cost.

Taehyung is different , though.

He moved in my neighbourhood in the last year of primary school. His house is behind mine. Everyone adores him when he first came, of course because he's cute and friendly.

He defended me when the boys called me fat. At first, I thought he was just being kind because back then, I do believe that I am fat. Later, when everyone was going back home, it was raining and he greeted me.

" Do you know we're neighbours?" he said.

I stayed silent " How can I not know? His room is just across mine " I thought.

He waved his hand in front of my face "Hello ? Oh Hani , why are you not responding " he called my name. That time, a surge of warmness came to my body. I wanted to ask how did he know my name but avioded because that's just too stupid. We're classmates after all. He must've known my name from the other students.

"My house is behind yours " he said.

"I know " I finally replied, in a low voice. "Do you know my name ? " he asked.

" Yeah " I said. Then we just stood there silently, until the rain stops and that time I just can feel I won''t be lonely again.

 

 

 

Class has started and Taehyung still hasn't arrived. Hyejung and Junu is presenting right now. It'll be anytime until Mrs Jung calls my name. I don't want to present alone. I'll freak out!

I twirl my pen with my fingers. My chin is on my hand as I look out the window. It looks so cold outside but the scenery is beautiful. As much as I hate the cold weather, the surrounding is a blessing.

I looked out the empty soccer field. Then, my eyes moved to the school's gate where they seem to be a commotion outside.

"Oh?! Mrs Jung. What happened out there? " our class' loudest student , Kang Jinki stood up. The other students followed as they crowded at the cold window. I wondered what was happening too.

Mrs Jung stood from her desk and approached the window also. Her face looked troubled and also with confusion. " Everyone stay in class " she ordered and left.

" Heol, what happened there? " Lee Dami said and they started forming circles. "Yah, I don't care! I'm so damn curious! Let's go ! " Kang Jinki said as he asked everyone to go to the scene. I looked at them confusedly, not knowing if I should go to or not. Honestly , it's very cold but I don't want to be left alone in the class either as everyone seems to want to go and see.

" Yah, Hani! Aren't you following? " Hyejung asked from her desk.

I looked out at the gate from the window once again before standing up. I guess, deep down, I'm curious too.

 

When we got near the crowd, it was chaotic. Hyejung and I pushed through the crowd to take a look. We only saw a car, slightly dented, and blood on the ground. Everyone was fussing , discussing about that matter.

Hyejung said my thoughts, " Did someone get hurt? " she asked , to particularly nobody. I stared at the blood, wondering if someone got badly injured.

" Was it him? " I heard the girls beside me talking.

" Who? Kim Taehyung? I don't know but it did looked like him " the other girl replied.

I flinched. Hyejung did too. We both turn to look at the girls who are from different class. "Who got hurt? " I asked, blood drained from my face.

The girls looked confused at first, mainly because they don't know me and we never talk. I waited, nervous.

" Kim Taehyung from class 3. He got hit by that car " she said.

Hyejung gasped loudly from beside me and I stood there, stunned.