Unpacking

A Game of Twister

  The sing-song chime of the convenient store bell rang as Jimin walked through the door. It had been a tiring day, and all he wanted was to grab something quick and make it home in time to hopefully shower, and slap on some pajamas before he faceplanted in the bed. He walked up and down the aisles scanning every shelf for his and Olivia's favorite snacks: chips for him, and chocolate anything for her. As he picked up the chocolate bar, his phone rang, sounding off the familiar ringtone set by her specifically.

  Her voice drifted through the phone in a melodious tone, "Jimin, honey, could you please be a doll and go to the drug store and pick up the photos I had developed? I meant to today, but I've been so busy unpacking everything that I completely forgot."

  Jimin chuckled, "Of course. I'm at the convenient store right now, so when I leave here I'll swing by the drugstore and pick them up. While I'm there do we need anything else for the house?"

  He could tell Olivia had that questioning look on her face, the one she made when she wasn't completely sure of something or not. With a hum, she replied back, "I don't think so. I can't remember if we need anything other than the necessities to get us through this first week. If I remember something we can just go get it together sometime this week. Sound good?"

"Sounds good to me. I'll see you when I get home, love you."

"I love you, too."

The call ended and Jimin slid the phone into his pocket as he made his way towards the checkout counter.

-

"Jungkook, c'mon I know you're not doing anything today. And don't say you're busy because I can hear you playing Overwatch and I need you to come help me unpack this stuff."

  A sigh escaped his lips as he paused the game, and set his controller on the table, "Olivia, I'm about to level up, you don't want me to miss that do you? Besides, why can't you get Taehyung or Yoongi to help you?"

  Olivia cocked her head as she inhaled and exhaled with frustration, "To be quite honest it's just a game, you can save it and come back later. And I would get other people to help but, Taehyung has the flu, Yoongi and Chaerin are on vacation, and everyone else is either at work or on holiday. So, that leaves you. It should only take a couple of hours, it's not going to kill you to tear your eyes away from that screen for a little while. Plus, I'll buy you lunch."

  At the sound of hearing he wouldn't have to pay for a meal, he jumped up so quickly you would have thought his seat caught on fire. "Liv, give me like ten minutes and I'll be over." He saved his game, grabbed his keys and headed for the door.

Olivia smiled as she set her phone down. When it comes to Jungkook, you can always win him over with food.

-

  A smile stretched across Jimin's face as he looked through the photos from Hoseok's birthday party they went to last week. Pictures of Jungkook and himself, the birthday boy acting silly like he always does, and a rather comical photo of Seokjin balancing a multitude of things on his head. Jimin's favorite photo though, was one of him and Olivia outside on the balcony overlooking the city. With the moon sitting high in the sky, and the twinkling of the stars above, it was a memory he wanted to keep locked way in his mind forever. Once he finished shuffling through the photos, he started the car and sped off to his new home.

-

  After lunch, Olivia and Jungkook took on the taxing process of beginning to unbox everything. Unpacking boxes was a tiring and stressful feat. Certain things had to go in certain places, some things ended up getting chipped or broken during the move, and sometimes things you thought were there didn't end up coming along with everything else. As Jungkook sifted through boxes, he came across one labeled 'Boardgames and Crafts'. Out of curiosity, he opened it to find a medium sized white box with big bold letters that said 'Twister' across the top. Jungkook chuckled to himself as he grabbed the box and carried it out into what was soon to be a living room where Olivia was busy putting lamps together and placing little trinkets on shelves. When she heard footsteps behind her, she put her hands on her hips and sighed, looking at one of her chipped stands of a lamp.

"You would think those people would be more careful with handling things that are clearly breakable." She turned to Jungkook and noticed the box in his hand, "Where did you get that?"

"I found it upstairs in that box with all the games inside. You wanna take a break and go through a few rounds of Twister?"

  A break from all the chaos sounded great to Olivia, and she nodded as she motioned for him to follow her to the center of the room. Within minutes the mat was all spread out, and the spin board was placed and ready to be spun. When the spinner landed on right-hand blue, the two went after their respective circles and the game had begun. Although in the back of her mind, Olivia thought of the many calls that would have to be made to the moving company about chipped furniture and missing possessions, that was all a distant memory as the spinner got spun once more and Olivia smacked her hand in-between Jungkook's arm for right-hand red.

-

  When Jimin pulled up to the house, he noticed Jungkook's truck in the driveway. He thought it odd at first, but then realized that he must be helping Olivia with all the stuff. He put his car in park and turned off the engine, reaching in the back for the bags of snacks and the pictures. It was all surreal to him that he finally had a house of his own, and the excitement of it made finding the right house key more of a task than he thought. When he put the key in the lock, he couldn't help but hear some movement on the inside. He shrugged it off as boxes being scooted along the carpet and went inside where he took his shoes off and made his way to the kitchen. Once he set his things on the counter, he heard more noises and muffled talking just beyond the door to the living room. He stayed quiet for a while until he heard giggling and rustling, and Olivia's telltale voice of, "Jungkook I don't bend that way!". With something like anger building up inside, he nearly knocked the door off the hinges with a loud "WHAT ARE YOU DO- Oh are you guys playing Twister?"

  Olivia and Jungkook looked up with equally surprised looks on their faces as they say Jimin's face go from rage to amusement at the fact that they were just playing a simple game. Getting up and, nearly falling over in the process because of the intertwined limbs across the mat, Olivia ran to Jimin and threw her arms around his neck, while his hands came to rest respectfully on her hips.

"How did the unpacking go?"

"Well, since I was the only one here, I had to get Jungkook to help, and I knew you were at work and didn't want to bother you."

Jimin chuckled as he gave his girlfriend a kiss on the cheek and looked over at Jungkook, "Hey, Jungkook how about you and I go a couple of rounds?" Jungkook flicked the spinner, "I'm ready whenever you are."

  While the guys played Twister for what seemed like hours, Olivia took it upon herself to order some takeout seeing as her pots and pans were in a box in some part of the house, and she didn't feel like going after them right now. When she got off the phone, she stopped in the doorway of the living room and watched as her boyfriend and best friend played Twister, and thought about how lucky she was to have people like this in her life, who bring her such happiness and joy.