Chapter 1 - END

Fate

Momo’s POV 

 

“Argghh!! I’m so bored! What a bad timing. The weather is so nice today but here I am, alone drinking this coffee and eating this yummy sweet cake. I’m such a loner.” I said to myself as I took a glance at my phone.

“Best friend. What kind of best friend that ignores your friend just because you want to be with your girlfriend? Just you wait you Yoo Jeongyeon”. I tried to ignore my anger by looking around the café. Not that I don’t like my best friend spending her time with her girlfriend, it just that she promised to hang out with me today. That sweet talker. I will make sure to get my revenge on you. 

Trying to kill the time, I decided to take out my ipad and plugged in the earphone. I played some music and scrolled through my gallery. Looking at all of my pictures. Pictures with my friends and family. Oh those happy times. After done scrolling I decided to watch some videos. Dance videos to be exact. I really like dancing so I always fill my time with dancing. Plus I can get some inspiration for my next performance. I was so immersed in the video that I didn’t notice someone just sit at an empty chair in front of me. 

“Ehem” that person just fake a cough in an attempt to get my attention. Luckily I didn’t put the volume on the max. 


“Eh?” that’s all I can say clearly confused of why that person sits in front of me. That person just look at me and smile sweetly. 


“Ermm. Do I know you? Do you know me?” I ask her when I realised that that person will not talk to me. 


“Nope” 


“Ehh?” 


“Hi, I’m Mina.” 


“Oh. H-Hi. Erm I’m Momo.” I said back a bit stuttering. Well what can I do. I pretty girl that has a very sweet voice just sit in front of me. Out of all seats available here, she sits in front of me. 


“Hehehe. Sorry if I scared you. I’m not a bad person.” She said a bit pouting. So cute. 


“Oh. It’s okay. I was alone too. So..yeah.” I said back and I gave her my very wide smile.


“Really? Sorry.. I just don’t want to sit alone” 


“Yes. It’s okay. Really. But you should be more careful next time. What if I’m a bad person?” 


“But..you don’t look like one” she said back looking a bit flustered. 


“Don’t judge a book by its cover Mina-ssi” I said to her. I was sincere though. She didn’t even know me but yet she dare to sit with me. It can be dangerous you know. 


“What if I really am a bad person?” I said back while smirking showing my teasing face. 


“Ahh..hmm..I think I got to go now. Bye. Sorry for disturbing you” she said with her surprise and scared face. So cute. 


“HAHAHAHAHA. I was just kidding. How can a person with this cute and pretty face be a bad person” I said while placing my face in between my hands. 


“That is not funny~ You look really scary just now” she said a bit whining. OMG! This girl is so cute. Oh my heart. Then suddenly her face change.

 

“What if I am the bad person? You should let strangers easily sit with you” she said then smirking at me. Oh, this girl is interesting. 


“Haha. Nice try. Your face is not scary enough for me to get scared.” I said to her while trying to hold my laughter.


“You should at least pretend to be scared.” She said with a pout.

“Anyway, thank you for making me smile and laughing Momo-ssi” 


“You’re most welcome. You should be glad that you’re pretty and cute. If not I won’t let you sit here with me” 


“T-thanks?” I can see her blushing. 


“But why did you sit here? Am I that attractive?” 


“I just arrived from Japan two days ago. I have a job interview yesterday. So today I am free so I want to walk around this place.” 


“Okay. Aside from you’re a Japanese too. You still didn’t answer my question Mina-chan” 


“Ah..I just don’t want to sit alone. I’m not used of being alone and I look around and you look so not harmful. Wait a minute! Did you said you’re a Japanese too?” she is cute. 


“Erm..yeah? So..ohaiyo?” 


“You’re funny Momo-chan” 


“I know..and I’m cute too” I said trying to make the atmosphere lively. Then her phone rings.


“Hello? Ahh Chaengie! Yes. Yes. I’m already here since 2 days ago. Hmm? Yeah sure. Okay..I’ll see you there. Bye!” she looks so happy answering that call.

I wonder who that might be. I don’t know why, but my heart kinda feel hurt a bit watching how happy she is after getting that call. She puts her phone aside and smiled at me. 


“You sound so happy” 


“Oh. D-did I? I’m gonna meet someone later. For the first time” yeah she sounds so happy. 


“Oh. That’s nice. Your friend is a boy?” I ask her carefully not wanting to show her how much I’m curious. 


“Hmm? Ahh no no. Girl. My friend is a girl. We’ve known each other for a long time but don’t have the opportunity to meet. You know. She’s here and I’m in Japan. Why did you ask?” 


“Just..nothing. You look so happy just now. Like talking to your boyfriend” okay I hope that didn’t sounds too weird.


“Eh? Can be happy talking with girls too you know” she said that with a very mysterious tone and face. 


O-oh. Sorry” 


“Nothing to be sorry about Momo-chan” she said and ile again. I swear I can never get bored looking at that sweet smile of hers. 


“You got a really sweet smile Mina-chan. I can look at that smile all day long” 
“Ermm..t-thank you” 


“Oh my God! Sorry I sound like a flirt didn’t I? I didn’t mean to say that out loud. Oh my god. I’m so sorry.” 


“It’s okay. I like that” wait. Wait. Did she just said that she like it? She likes what I said or she likes me? 


“Oh. Ermm. Glad you like it?” okay this is awkward. Nice Momoring. 


“I should get going now. My friend will be here any moment now” 


“Ahh yeah. Not good to be late for on the first meeting” 


“Yeah. Nice knowing you Momo-chan” 


“Yeah. Me too. Nice knowing you too Mina-chan. Oh and thank you for saving me from dying alone here” 


“Till we meet again Momo-chan. Bye” 


“Yeah. Bye. Take care and have fun with your friend”  with that she left me and went out of the café with a wide smile on her face. I guess that friend of hers is special. 

 

So now, what should I do? I look at my watch and I was so surprised to see that it’s nearly dinner time now. No wonder I suddenly feels so hungry. I packed all my things and walk out from the café heading to Sana’s house. I’m sure she can cook me a nice dinner. With that thought, I walk happily and thinking of what should I ask her to cook for me. 

 

------------


Its been a week after my unexpected encounter with Mina. Weirdly for me, seems like I can’t forget about her. That’s really weird actually. I usually forget people easily especially those I don’t know. But this time, not only I remember her name, I remember her voice and smiles too. I found myself thinking about her almost every night.

I’m wondering how was her meet up with her friend that day. I should asked her number that day. Stupid slow Moguri. Oh, none of my friends know about that day. I can’t tell them or else they will tease me about it every time they had the chance too. I just create some few good reasons whenever they aske why I go to the café everyday now. Honestly I don’t know why too. I just thought that maybe I can see her there. What’s wrong with me? 


Even though they tease me, they still follow me to this café everyday and today too. Since it’s weekend again, we decided to spend some time together.  Well practically because they feel guilty for leaving me alone last week especially Jeongyeon and she try so hard to make it up to me. So I used this as my chance to come here.

Like always Jeongyeon will sit with Nayeon beside her while me, sitting beside this clingy Sana. She’s so clingy that lots of people mistaken her as my girlfriend.  Maybe that’s why I’m still single now. Damn you Sana! I really wish that her Dubu is with us now because what if Mina see me with Sana all over me today? That totally gonna blow my chance to get to k ow her more. Okay that chance thing, I just hoping that I have some few chance you know. It’s not bad to have some hope right? 


“What do you guys want? I’ll go and order it for us” Jeongyeon ask as soon as all of us get seated. 


“Ice Americano!” Sana said with her high pitch voice. Too excited. 


“I want green tea latte” I said.


“I’ll go with you Jeongie” Nayeon said and stand up from her seat. 


“Anything you wanna eat?” Jeongyeon ask us again.


“Anything interesting on the display” I said and Sana just nodded her head eagerly. Jeongyeon and Nayeon went to the counter and ordered. After placing our orders they came back and we started to talk. 


Yah Sana-chan! Get away from me! People might think we are a couple!” I said while trying to push Sana away from me. She keeps on hugging and kissing my cheeks.

This squirrel likes skinship way too much. 


“Hahahaha! How can Dahyun stand with you Sana! I really salute that Dubu!” Jeongyeon said while laughing out loud. 


“Yah! You guys hate me that much?” Sana said to us a bit sulking now. 


“Aniya. How can I hate you Sana-chan. But you need to control yourself Sana-chan. I don’t want to be single forever” 


“Yah! What’s that supposed to mean?” 


“Yeah. I think so too Sana-chan” Jeongyeon said trying to back me up.


“But whhyy~~?” Sana asked while whining and pouting.

Seriously this girl has so much aegyo in her.


“Look Sana-chan, you already have your dubu but this peach here *points at Momo* is a loner. I think because other people always mistaken you as her girlfriend” Jeongyeon said while me and Nayeon just nodded our heads. 


“Eh? Really?” she said while make herself away from me. 


“Aigo~ Sana-chan~ don't be sad. You can still hug and kiss me but not too much in the public” I said to her and smile reassuring to her that I still love her.


“Hehehe. I'll try my best Momo-chan. And I'm sorry~” with that she started to hug my arm again. 


We stay chatting in the café and laughing sharing our stories and teasing each other. Well, we've known each other for a very long time now. Its been 4 or 5 years for me and Jeongyeon and I've known Sana for as long as I can remember. We even come to live here in Korea together. Both of us begged our parents to let us come here to study and stay here. We've been through a lot together. 


While we were talking someone walks in the café and she definitely caught my attention. That smile and that pretty face. I can recognise that from miles away. I was about to call her when someone approach her and they look so happy and close. They look lovely. Like a couple and my heart broke seeing that. That must be the friend she talked about. She's cute I can see that. She's so small but so attractive. 


Then I feel my mood dropped. I can't enjoy my time with my friends now. I keep on glancing at the counter where she is. 


“Momo, are you okay?” Nayeon asked me concerned.


“Huh? What? Yeah. I'm okay” I said and smile to her. 


“You sure?” 


“Yeah Jeong. Don't worry” 


“You know them?” Sana whispered in Japenese at me making sure that Jeongyeon and Nayeon didn't hear her. 


“Hmm?” I glance at her and using her eyes, she points at the two people that are walking to a table near us. I just smile and shake my head.


“You know you can tell me everything right Momo-chan?” she said to me while placing her head in my shoulder still speaking in Japanese. 


This is what I love about Sana. She always seems to know what's on my mind and what I want to keep as a secret. Like just now. She know that I'm hiding something and I don't want Jeongyeon or Nayeon to notice that's why she speaks in Japanese with me. 


I try my best to keep my mind and focus on my friends on what we're talking about and Sana trying her best to not make my unfocus self not so obvious by constantly talking and tease me. Then something happened, I look at her and she looks back at me. Our eyes met. And I can see her shicked face and then she smile so wide showing her gummy. My heart feels like exploding. I smile back and look away. I noticed her frowning when I'm looking away. 


The day can't just get any worst. All of a sudden, both of them is now standing at our table smiling so cutely and innocently, her friend I mean. While she just stand there smiling awkwardly. 


“Nayeon eonni!” that small kid said cheerfully. 


Wait, she knows Nayeon? 


“Oh, Chaeyoung-ie!!” Nayeon said a bit too loud due to her shocks. 


“What are you doing here Chaengie?” 


“I'm meeting my friend!” she said that with a grin. 


“Ah, girlfriend?” 


“No. No eonnie. Just friend. She just come here from Japan. So I accompany her while she gets use to this place” she said with a thin blush on her face and I can see Mina blushing too. 


“Oh really? Ahh! This two are from Japan too *points at Sana and Momo* maybe they can help you to feel at home. Ermm sorry I didn't know your name” 


“Oh sorry eonni. This is Mina.” She smile again. 


“Hye. Nice meeting you all. Momo-chan, glad to see you again” and she smiles so wide again showing her cute pretty gummy smile. 


“What? You know her Momo?” Jeongyeon asked feeling shocked at the new found news. 


“Huh? What? Yeah. I met her the day all of you abandoned me. Remember the day you left me all alone?” 


“Ouch. My heart” Jeongyeong said while holding her chest pretending to be hurt. 


“Haish these kids. Ah this is my girlfriend Jeongyeon *points at Jeongyeong* and that is Sana *points at Sana* and I tjink you already know this peach, Momo *points at Momo*. So guys, this is Chaeyoung, my sister's friend.” Nayeon introduce that small kid to us. 


“Your sister? You mean your sister Tzuyu?” Jeongyeon asked. 


“Yes Jeongyeon. I only have one sister. Remember?” 


“Yeah. Wow. Daebak. This is unbelievable” Jeongyeon said while shaking her head. 


“Yah! What do you mean?!That's my sister you're talking about” 


“Nothing. I can't believe that your savage little sister has a cute friend like her” Jeongyeon said still can't believe it. 


After hearing what Jeongyeon said, that small kid just laugh out loud. I don't k ow what so funny tho. 


“Yah Chaeng! Why are you laughing?” Nayeon asked a bit confused.


“Nothing. Just that savage little sister part is funny. That savage part is so true but that little sister is so funny. She's a giant.” With that Jeongyeon starts laughing out loud. 


“Wah kiddo! I like you kid! No wonder you can be friends with Tzuyu” Jeongyeon said and hi five with that small kid. 


I look at Mina and she looks at me while smiling and then her smiles stopped when her eyes landed on my arms. I look at my arm and see Sana still holding and hugging my arm. She kindda looks sad but why? 


“Come on girls, sit with us” Nayeon offered them after she finished scolding Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung. 


The three of them talking so happily forgetting about us three. Mina was just sitting there awkwardly. 


Ermm..So Mina-chan, do you like it here?” I said to her trying to stop our awkwardness. 


“Hm? Ahh yeah. Chaeyoung showed me lots of fun places” she said shyly still stealing glancing at my arm where Sana still holding. 


“Oh what are you doing here? I mean will you stay here? Will you work or study or??” Sana asked her 


“Ermm. Working at JYP University.” 


“Oh really?! Wow! What a coincidence~ I work there too!” 


“Oh really? You work there too Momo-chan?” 


“Hmm? Ahh no. I used to work there. But not anymore” 


“Ahh I see. What are you working as there Sana-chan?” 


“I'm a lecturer. I teach Japanese there. What about you?” 


“I will teach music class” 


“Wow! That's amazing. We should be friends. I can show you around the campus later” 


“Sure. I'm glad to hear that. Thanks” 


“Ermm. Sorry but Sana-chan I think your phone is ringing and I think your dubu is looking for you” with that she let go of my arm and quickly took out her phone.

Once she saw what's on her screen her eyes got really big. 


Oh my God! 5 missed calls and 20 messages! I'm dead. Momo-chan~ help me~” 


“Nope. I don't want too.” 


“You meanie peach!” I just rolled my eyes and I see Mina starting to smile again. 


“I'll be back. I got a dubu to take care off” she said while standing up and walks away. 


“Who's dubu?” Mina asked when Sana is no longer in our view. 


“Dubu? Her lovely adorable squishy dubu.” I said and I can see her face looks more confused. 


“Haha sorry. Her girlfriend. Dubu is her girlfriend” I said to her when she looks so confused. 


“Eh? She's not your girlfriend?” She asked me after the words hits her. 


“What? No no. She's just my super best friend. I've known her since who knows when.”


“Ahh I see” 


“Why? Are you jealous?” I said and smirked at her when I see her flustered. So cute. 


“W-what? No. Why would I?” she said while trying to hide her growing blush on her face. 


“Hahaha. Just kidding. No need to be so shocked” 


“You mean peachy” she said and glared at me. I just laugh it off. 

Then I see some kind of seriousness at the other side of the table. They look so serious. 


“Chaengie~ Did Tzuyu know you're with Mina now?” 


“Ermm. Nope. I tried to tell her but she didn't pick-up her phone” 


“Eh? Really? But her phone was with her all the time” 


“I know but I don't know why she didn't answer my calls.” 


“Did you two had a fight?” 


“Hmmm” Chaeyoung said while scratching the back of her head. 


“I take that as a yes. No wonder she's being extra grumpy these few days” Nayeon said while acting like she was thinking something. 


“I don't know what I do wrong. We were just okay the other day and then suddenly she didn't reply my messages and didn't answer my calls”  Chaeyoung said while slightly pouting. 


This kid is cute. 


“So wanna go back with me? I'm sure Tzuyu is still at home” Nayeon asked.


“Ermm *looks at Mina* “ 


“Ahh! Momo-chan~ can you bring Mina home after this?” Nayeon asked Momo understanding what's on Chaeyoung's mind. 


“Ehh? What? Why?” I asked her confusedly and I can see Mina is confuse too.


“This smol kid needs to see my baby sister really bad. She's the only thing that can make that evil yoda to be less grumpy” Nayeon reasoned out.


“Okay. I'm okay if she's okay with it” I said and looked at Mina. She just smiles and nodded her head. 

So now here I am. Walking at the side walk with Mina. I feel happy to be with her, alone like this. Judging from the way that smol kid willing to abandon Mina just to go and see Tzuyu, meaning that, that yoda is more important to her than Mina. Maybe I do have a chance with her. Come in Momoring! You can do it! 

“So Mina-chan, do you like it here?” 


“Hmm? Oh, yeah. So far so good. All people I met are nice” 


“That's good. When will you start your work?” 


“Next week. Ermm.. Momo-chan?” 


“Yeah?” 


“Is it true that you used to work at JYP University?”
“Yup! I work there for almost 4 years” 


“Ahh I see. Why did you quit?” 


“Just wanna try something else” 


“Ehh?” 


“Hahaha You look really cute when you're confuse Mina-chan” 


“Ehh? Nani?” her face starts to turn really red.


“Hahaha. So cute~ I quit because I found a good place to open my own dance studio. I asked Sana to join me too but she just too attach with her work and students” 


“Ahh. I see. Where is your studio?” 


“Hmm? You wanna go and see?” 


“Yeah. If I can” 


“Sure you can Mina-chan. Everything for a cute and pretty girl like you” 


She looks so red right now and trying to cover her blushing face with her scarf. Hahaha no use covering it up. I already saw it. Without wasting more time, I grab her hand and start walking towards my studio. She was tensed the moment I grabbed her hand but then she starting to relax and hold my hand back. 

After about 10 minutes of walking, we arrived at a building. The building is just like any other ordinary studio. Nothing interesting or fancy. Just a signboard that indicates that this is a dance studio. 

“So, we're here! Sorry if it doesn't look like what you're imagine” 


“Eh? I’m sure it looks better inside. Hmm PEACH DANCE STUDIO” 


“What? It's cute and it's me. Get it? Peach? Me?” 


“Hahaha yeah too cute for a dance studio” 


“Hey! Don't say that. I think really hard for that name” 


“Okay okay. Sorry Peach” 


“You~ I know I said you're cute...but that doesn't mean that you can tease me you penguin” 


“P-penguin? Did you just called me penguin?” 


“Oh yes I sure did PENGUIN” 


“YAHH! Why am I a penguin?” 


“Because you look like a penguin. And my dear cute penguin, you can come in now” I said and offered her into my studio. 


“Wow! It doesn't look like what it supposed to look like” she said as soon as she entered my studio. 


“What's that supposed to mean? Is it a compliment or what?” I asked her while closing the door. 


“Oh don't get me wrong. Its definitely a compliment. I mean the outside doesn't look that nice but here inside looks really nice. It sure looks like a good dance studio” 


“Yeah. I know. I guess its worthy to spend all my savings here” 


“Yup! And show me your moves PEACH” I swear I saw her smirking just now. I think she got herself comfortable with me and I feel the same too. 


After thinking for a few moment of what I want to dance I went to audio system and get ready to dance. I decided to dance to ‘THINK ABOUT YOU' well with this I can show her my moves and at the same time I can kinda tell her my feelings. So why not kill two birds with one stone right.

While dancing, make sure I didn't break my eye contact with her. At the end of my dance I went to her and pull her face close to mine. I can feel her breathing gets heavy and her face turns red. Feeling the tension between us, I closed our gap until I can feel her breath on my lips. I stayed for a few more seconds and when I see her closed her eyes I silently smirked and pull away. I swear I can see her frustrated when she no longer feel me near her. 


(You guys can watch this video https://youtu.be/K34j_7fjiwQ  as reference and imagine at the ending part Momo is walking towards Mina) 

 

“Let's get you home penguin. It's getting late and its not nice for a girl like you to be home so late isn't it?” 


“Huh? Hmm? Ahh ye-yes. Le-lets go” 

 

After I locked the door we proceed on walking. We were so close to each other that sometimes I can feel my hand gazed with hers. She was walking quietly and I'm sure I can still see her blushing. 


“So, where do you live?” 


“Hmm? Just few blocks from here” 


“Hey? You okay? You seem a bit distracted” 


“Huh? N-no. I mean yes! I'm okay!” 


“You sure?” I asked her while holding her hand. She looks surprised and flustered.


Ye-yeahh. I-i-i'm su-sure” she tried to let go of her hand but I hold it firmly and eventually she held my hand back. 


After few more minutes of walking and going few more blocks, she stopped at an apartment building. 


“We're here. I live on the 9th floor. There *points at the building* Ermm..thanks” 


“Oh..you live in a nice place~ thanks? For?” 


“Walking me home. And showed me your studio. And your da-dance” 


“Oh. My pleasure. Anytime for you my penguin” 


“So, bye? Take care on your way home”


“Wait. That's it? Bye? Take care?” 


“Hmm?” 


“What about your phone number? I can't go and wait and search for you at the cafe everyday. I have a studio to take care of” 


“Oh. Here *gives her phone* give me your number and I'll text you” 


“*takes the phone and save my number* I prefer you to call me though. Video call is better.” 


“I'll think about it. So bye!” 


“I believe you forgot one more thing Mina-chan” 


“Hmm? What is it?” 


“*Pulls her closer and kiss her lips* That. I believe you forget to end what happened in the studio just now” 


By that time, her face was so red it looks like gonna explode and she had hang wide open and her eyes keep blinking. 


“So now Mina-chan, I believe you are now officially my penguin” 


She still stands there frozen.


“Hey~ you better do or say something, or else I'll kiss you again. 1 2 hmphh” my counting was interrupted by a kiss. She just kiss me. Yess! I did it! 


“You're not the only one who can steal kisses you know and now you're are my peach” 


“Wow. You're a good kisser. I'm glad I kiss you” 


“Shut up!” 


“Ahh pink penguin is so adorable. My pink penguin” 


“eh?” 


“You were blushing from just now. Did my dance and me almost kiss you in the studio affect you that much? Hahahaha” 


“Yahh! That's not funny. That's so mean!!” 


“So care to invite your peach to your house? Because this peach is so lazy to walk” 


“Wow. Just wow. You really can't wait aren't you?” 


“What? Wait for what? I was just asking and I'm kinda tires to go back since I need to go way back there again. What are you thinking Mina-chan~? ” I asked her while smirking. 


“N-no-nothing!” 


“Really? But if you can't wait any longer..” I said that while wriggling my eyebrows 


“Yah! You ert peach!” 


“What? I didn't say anything” 


“You~ alright. You wanna come with me or not?” 


“Sure. But what will I get if I come with you?” 


“You..will..get..me...* Momo's ear and run away*” 


“Heol~ Daebak~ Yah! Wait for me! I'll make sure to get you tonight you y penguin!” 


With that I run towards her and we went up to her place and.......Its the best day of my life!!!! I will not let her go no matter what. 

-------------


A/N: JAAA~ THE END ^_^ THANK YOU FOR READING. HOEP YOU LIKE IT! FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND I'M SORRY IF THIS IS NOT A GOOD STORY.  I'LL TRY DO BETTER NECT TIME ^^