[final]

Hear Me Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Sana and Tzuyu had to come to terms with the fact that they’d be apart once they graduated university, they knew they’d put their hardest into making sure the relationship would continue to flourish like it had been for the two years before. Others had said it wouldn’t work out but the two worked things out all the time.

Tzuyu had stayed behind in their town, pursuing a career in baseball while Sana had gone to a university to study to become a doctor. It had already been two years into their university lives and they were still going strong. The distance between them was a mere few hours but it always felt like it was more than that.

They’d travelled back and forth when they had the time but coming to their third year after high school, meetings were a lot harder than before. Sana was often busy with her studying and practical work while Tzuyu was trying her hardest to please scouts at the local games. Sure, she was known as one of the top players but she still had a long way to go.

Initially, Tzuyu had thought that things wouldn’t work out. She was so scared that she was going to lose Sana to someone more appealing at her university but that never happened. Their bond had grown stronger and they’d managed to surpass problems they’d encountered along the way of their journey apart from each other.

Like, there was a time Tzuyu turned up at Sana’s university for a surprise visit and saw her hanging out with a guy. But before she could approach Sana and go off at her about disloyalty, another girl came up to him and pecked his lips. It was a good thing that Tzuyu hadn’t approached Sana with her jealousy; it would have been incredibly embarrassing.

There was another time where Sana was cheering for Tzuyu at one of her games and she’d been approached by the opposing team’s captain at the end. Tzuyu could be oblivious most of the time so she couldn’t see how the captain was shamelessly flirting with her. Of course, Sana wanted to scold her but she had done nothing wrong.

With everything that developed between them, Tzuyu had finally wanted to ask Sana to marry her. She knew that Sana was the one a long time ago and she wanted to act upon her feelings. Finding a convenient time to propose to her was another issue but Tzuyu wanted to surprise her at her dorm one day, with a bunch of flowers or some cheesy speech.

She had it all planned now after weeks of being pushed by her friends and family to get her plan into motion. Today was her final match – one that determined her future if she played it right. There were so many scouts in the crowd for this game. She wanted to travel and meet Sana after the match to pop the question and hoped it worked out.

Tzuyu knew that Sana supported her, even if she wasn’t by her side and it was the same case for Sana. They both wanted the best for each other and wanted to make sure they succeeded in what they wished for. But right now, Tzuyu wished that Sana could be here for her and she wanted some last minute luck because she was a nervous wreck.

Sana had just completed her final exam for her semester and she collapsed on her bed as she reached her room. She checked her watch, groaning as she realised she was going to miss more than half of Tzuyu’s game if she left now. But it was better for her to miss some of the game than rather the all of it. At least she’ll get to see her play.

Grabbing her car keys off the counter, she farewelled her roommate as she left the dorm. She dropped by the cafeteria for a cup of coffee before she left, knowing she’ll need it to stay awake for the ride. Sana took a power nap two hours into the drive; she wouldn’t risk driving with the way she was yawning widely as she drove.

Maybe Sana had miscalculated the time but she’d arrived at the game right when it ended. Groaning, she parked her car, hurriedly entering the stadium. It seemed like Tzuyu’s team had won the finals, the team embracing each other in a group hug. A man approached Tzuyu and Sana could tell how nervous she was; he must be a scout.

When her bat had hit the last ball of the match, Tzuyu knew it was going to be a home run as she watched it sail into the crowd. God, that felt good. Her teammates rushed to the field, all hugging her as they’d won the finals. She couldn’t believe all the hard work had paid off. They finally defeated their long time rivals.

The coach approached them, clearing his throat and indicating to Tzuyu to join him. Her eyes widened when he told her that she’d been scouted from the match. Tzuyu couldn’t believe it! This must be her luck day or something – well, other than the fact that Sana couldn’t be here but she couldn’t believe her ears when she heard her coach.

She ran towards her friends and her cousin, who’d specially come from her hectic schedule to come watch her game. Everything felt so surreal to her now and she wanted to live in the moment. This was going to be great news for Sana, along with the fact that she was going to propose later as well. The ring was tucked safely into her jacket.

Sana walked down the stairs to congratulate Tzuyu on her win. She still hadn’t spotted her and that was a good thing. The loud cheers amongst their friends and the wide smile on Tzuyu’s face as she stood by them was enough for Sana’s heart to burst with happiness. She was proud of Tzuyu, really proud of her. She knew how important this game was.

“Tzuyu, what did the coach say?” Her cousin asked.

“Well, he congratulated me on the game and also said… that I’ve been scouted. I’ll be talking to him after I’m done celebrating.” Tzuyu said, jumping up and down.

Her cousin squealed, jumping into Tzuyu’s arms and landing a few kisses on her cheek. Tzuyu chuckled, spinning the two of them around. She was so, so happy. She was glad she had her cousin with her, alongside her friends. The support from them was what had driven her to perform better and to succeed in the match today.

“Hey, this is double great for your proposal today.” Her cousin teased.

“I can’t wait.” Tzuyu chuckled, separating from the hug.

“Tzuyu…” Jeongyeon, her sister called out.

“Yeah?” Tzuyu replied. Jeongyeon didn’t respond, she simply pointed at the figure a few metres behind them. Her eyes widened when she realised it was Sana and her heart was breaking when she saw that Sana was crying. What was wrong?

“Sana?” Tzuyu called out cheerfully, jogging up to her.

“Don’t.” Sana stopped her. “Don’t come closer.”

“What? What do you mean?” Tzuyu frowned.

“I came to watch you play but I guess you’ve been seeing someone else?” Sana scoffed, looking over to the pink haired girl standing with Jeongyeon.

“W-what are you talking–”

“Stop, Tzuyu. I don’t know what I did wrong – maybe this was meant to happen. Leave me alone.” Sana seethed, stomping off in the opposite direction, towards her car.

Tzuyu stood frozen in her spot for a few seconds before she chased after Sana, not understanding why she was claiming that she cheated. Wait. Did she perhaps see Tzuyu hugging and getting kissed by her cousin? So she just assumed that they were together without even listening to an explanation? Where was the trust that they’d formed?

By the time Tzuyu had gotten to the carpark, Sana’s familiar car was gone with only a few cars remaining. Her cousin and Jeongyeon had run after her, wondering what the hell had happened between them. They knew they had fought but what was it about? Jeongyeon had honestly never seen Sana so distressed before.

“Tzuyu?” Jeongyeon called out, getting worried as Tzuyu stood there crying.

“I don’t know how or what happened. I don’t know anything. She just came and said I was cheating and left and I don’t know what to do.” Tzuyu panicked as she cried.

“Hey, hey, just breathe, okay?” Jeongyeon soothed, hugging Tzuyu as she sobbed against her chest.

“You can fix this later – you need to talk to the scout.” Her cousin attempted to cheer her up.

“No, I can’t. I’m going to fix this first.” Tzuyu said, shaking her head.

“Tzuyu, you’ve been wanting this for ages – you can’t abandon it now!” Jeongyeon frowned.

“But this was something I planned together with Sana. I’m not going to go to the scout. I’ll talk to you guys later. I’m heading for Sana’s dorms.” Tzuyu explained.

“That’s hours away and you’re in no condition to drive!” Jeongyeon scolded.

“Jeongyeon, I have to do this. I can’t live without her and it’s already killing me that this is happening!” Tzuyu retorted, pushing back her hair. “I’ll let you know when I get there.” She mumbled, separating from Jeongyeon as she headed for her Jeep.

Sana was emotionally drained as she arrived in her room. She’d cried the entire way back from the game. How could Tzuyu cheat on her with someone else? They’d promised to be together while they were away from each other, no matter what happened. Her roommate widened her eyes as she saw her state, hugging her quickly.

“Sana?” She called out worriedly.

“She cheated on me Mina. I can’t believe it.” Sana cried into her chest.

“How sure are you that she cheated? What happened?” Mina questioned.

“She was hugging a girl and got kisses from her as well. They looked so happy.” Sana muttered.

“Kisses on the lips?” Mina gasped.

“No, just the cheek.” Sana explained.

“Sana, that necessarily doesn’t mean that she was cheating. Why have you jumped to that conclusion?” Mina frowned.

“Why are you defending her so much?” Sana asked.

“Because, from the time I met her and from what you’ve told me, I know she’s in love with you. She would never cheat on you.” Mina clarified.

“Well, I guess you never know a person too well.” Sana muttered.

Their front door burst open and Tzuyu’s eyes widened as she saw her girlfriend in someone else’s embrace. She’d chased after Sana to see this? To see that after accusing her of cheating, she was the one who was in someone else’s embrace. But maybe it wasn’t the case. She didn’t believe that Sana would cheat on her.

“Tzuyu, I thought I said leave me alone?” Sana sighed.

“I just came to explain.” Tzuyu said softly.

“I don’t want your explanation! I already saw it with my own eyes. What else is there left to say?” Sana whimpered.

“There is! I swear–’

“Tzuyu. Please, leave. I can’t listen to this!” Sana shouted.

“Tzuyu, just give her some time.” Mina mumbled.

Tzuyu nodded, leaving the room. She wasn’t going to go far actually. She was going to sit outside Sana’s room door until she listened to her. Why was it so hard for her to give Tzuyu a chance to hear her out? Their relationship had been all about trust and having faith in the other but why was Sana doing this? Why didn’t she believe her?

Mina came out of the room a few hours later, surprised seeing Tzuyu asleep outside, against a nearby pole. Tzuyu was always the one who fought on for the two of them and she knew that – that’s why she always defended her. Mina wanted to give her a blanket or something warm but she knew Sana would get suspicious.

“Just hold on a little longer Tzuyu.” Mina mumbled.

Tzuyu was shivering outside, trying to keep herself warm. The dorm door had opened only once recently and that was when Mina came back, giving her an apologetic look as she entered the dorm room. She wasn’t going to give up on talking to Sana. She would wait hours for a chance to see her – to talk to her.

Sana heard coughing outside her room door late at night and she shuffled out of her bed to check it out. Why was there someone outside their dorm door at 2am in the morning. She couldn’t sleep because of the coughing. She groaned, bumping into things as she fumbled against the door locks to open it. Her eyes widened when she saw Tzuyu outside.

“Tzuyu?!” Sana whispered harshly, making Tzuyu stand up straight.

“S-Sana.” Tzuyu stuttered, wiping her red nose against her jacket.

“Why are you still here? I told you, that you should leave! If you’re not gone my morning, I will call the security Tzuyu. Don’t come here again.” Sana fumed, walking back into her room.

Tzuyu broke down as Sana tore her hearts into pieces. Just one misunderstanding was what it took to tear their relationship apart. How could Sana not give her a chance to explain? Maybe she really moved on instead? Maybe there was more to what she walked in on? She didn’t think Sana would do such a thing but it would explain her actions.

Why did things have to head this way for them? Tzuyu felt the velvet box in her pocket, playing around with it as she cried harder. She was about to propose to Sana and now this happens. Just what had she done wrong that she deserved this? Her phone buzzed in her pocket as she walked away from the dorm with her heart broken.

“Tzuyu?” Her cousin called out over the phone.

“She – I – she didn’t give me a chance to explain and – and when I wal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter