The Night Before

The Butterfly Effect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunday, 9:17 pm

"Who goes to a party on a freaking Sunday night?!" annoyed Nayeon says almost shouting trying to beat the loudness of the music in the place.

"I mean, who plans a party like THIS?!" gesturing to the whole thing around her; people going wild, dancing, drinking and doing God-knows-what around each other

"On the night right before Monday?! Like, really?" emphasizing that they have a 9:30 am lecture the morning after.

"These people are!" Momo replies louder while pulling her bestfriend's wrist, dragging her in the middle of an ocean of party people.

"...and obviously, we are!" the latter says as she turns her head facing her bestfriend.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Hirai Momo is in the house!" the DJ announced on the mic as he lowers the volume.

Momo raises her free hand and waves to her audience with a confident smile on her face and the sea of people cheered. The DJ then turned up the music again and continued with his remix of the mainstream EDM songs.

Hirai Momo has always been the life of the party so it's impossible for her not to go even if it means having a hangover on a Monday morning.

"And besides, it's our last week so I know tomorrow's lecture will be just wrapping up of things from the previous ones!" Momo continues, still trying to be loud enough for Nayeon to hear.

"Whatever your plan is, I'm not ditchiing tomorrow's lecture! And besides, you just dragged me here to be your chaperone! And driver, as always!" Nayeon replies as-a-matter-of-factly.
"Chaperone? Uhh, no!" her bestfriend says as she stopps walking and lets go of Nayeon's wrist

"I'm not known as THE Life of the Party for nothing!" she tells her bestfriend as if saying 'Duh?!'

"Driver Im will do." she continues, now with a normal volume for they've reached a less crowded area of the place.

"Alright, whatever." our protagonist says as she rolls her eyes while crossing her arms across her chest.

"Off you go, I'll just wait up here." she says approaching a seat near by.

"Oh, not feeling the vibes aren't we?" Momo teases as sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter