Chapter One

My Key To Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter One

 

 

The weather was cold and damp, but that was the perfect way to describe the daily life of Chou Tzu Yu. Nothing could enlighten the flame in her heart to bring happiness back into it, painting the bland, damaged walls with bright colours to resemble some sort of satisfaction with her daily life. Nothing tempting was happening, it was the same old routine. Tzuyu would return from her studies and head back home to the mansion which is shared with herself and her charming fiancee, Kim Mingyu.

They had been engaged for over three years at this point. It was your cliche arranged marriage, but in the end Mingyu was so persistent on marrying this girl so they decided to push forward the wedding to this year. The year of 2022. Things were moving so swiftly, life was suddenly becoming more advanced by the minute. It still felt like yesterday when Tzuyu was attending her high school classes, enjoying her life as a pure and free soul that was able to run wild when ever she liked. Oh, how she misses those times. The times where simplicity was a thing, life wasn’t so complex.

“You’re home.” Mingyu quickly stood up from his desk, to welcome his future wife with an open hug, noticing that she was slightly damp due to the torrential rain falling from the outside. “Why didn’t you tell me? I could’ve arranged for someone to pick you up, you’re shivering Tzuyu!”

It was almost like he was scolding the girl, but of course Tzuyu knew that he was doing it in the softest way possible. “No, it’s fine.” she looked down on the ground, noticing how her designer jacket was wetter than the pacific ocean. “I enjoy walking back, even if the weather decides to take a toll on me. It’s okay, though.”

Mingyu placed his hand on her cheek, wiping away the raindrops. “I just don’t want you to fall ill or anything, especially with the wedding drawing closer and closer.”

Of course. The two were finally to be united as a married couple. Three years it has been, and Tzuyu would never admit to the fact that she was completely unsatisfied with the whole situation, but of course; she was always the girl who would never speak about her thoughts or feelings. That was a good trait of hers, she was always highly secretive. To think that she would no longer be Chou Tzu Yu , was a thing that brought a slight feeling of sadness into her mind.

The young man moved his hand from his fiance's cheek and rested it on her shoulder. “The official wedding plans will begin soon. We have a little gathering to attend with some of the guests, to see what they want to suggest.”

“It’s going to be one of the best weddings of the century.” he smiled, imagining him being at the front of the church, watching Tzuyu in a elegant dress walk down the aisle, with the most beautiful smile on her face. “I just can't wait for it to get started. I want you to be there with me through every moment.”

Tzuyu blinked several times. The planning was about to commence, which meant it was going to be significantly earlier than expected. “Do.. you have an exact date?” she asked, looking up at the tall figure.

Mingyu shook his head. “Not yet. It still needs to be finalised by both of our parents.”

She knew that her dad was willing to give her away to any humble human being, so he would want the wedding to be carried out as soon as possible. Tzuyu gulped. It had been three years, but she had this gut feeling that something was going to go terribly wrong before the wedding. Maybe it was just the thought of becoming Kim Tzuyu, maybe it was a bit too overwhelming.

She loved Mingyu, right? Then there is no need to be worried. “I don’t even have a dress yet.”

“What type of dress would you like?” he asked, curiously.

Tzuyu thought for a moment. What dress would she like? “Something that isn’t too much, I don’t want to attract too much attention because of my dress.”

“The day is for you, of course people will be giving you their attention.” Mingyu lightly smiled. “I wouldn’t blame them, you’re just such a good person Tzu Yu, you need to see that in yourself.”

Tzuyu lightly blushed at his compliment. It didn’t even mean anything directly. It was just how soft his voice was when he spoke to her, how much of a different person he is. It just made her think of past memories that come to mind. “I just don’t want to cause too much.” she said.

“I know it’s our wedding day, but I want it to be about you and the celebration of our family too.”

Tzuyu deeply cared about her family. The thing was, she didn’t know about anything. Everything that her father has done could create some sort of rivalry between them both. If only Tzuyu knew. Things could’ve been so much better for herself.

“Of course, it’s for everyone to celebrate.” Mingyu looked directly into her eyes. “The thing that i’m looking forward to the most is having you as my wife, and honestly Tzu, i’m going to be the best husband you could ever imagine,

I’m never going to let you go and if anyone ever tries to get to you then they will have to deal with me.”

Mingyu was so protective over her. He wanted people to know that she was HIS girl, and nobody elses. “I’m speechless, Mingyu.” she gulped.

He was such a charming man,

Tzuyu wondered how she could have such a sensible man like Kim Mingyu. “You don’t need to react, but if anything, I want you to go and rest.”

“You have had a hard day at university, not to mention how you walked back in the rain.”

Tzuyu steadily nodded, walking into her bedroom. Yes, they were soon to become husband and wife but they didn’t share the same bed. Maybe Tzuyu was just too anxious and overwhelmed about sharing a bed with the ‘love of her life’ but let's be completely realistic here, did she really look like the person who wanted to do so? She would be lying if she ever said that she wouldn’t be uncomfortable by the thought.

Was she really ready for the biggest moment of her life?

 

Flashback ;

 

 

It was a cold winters evening.

Tzuyu walked down the corridor. She didn’t really know why she found herself staying behind after school, but if she was going to be completely realistic, she couldn’t care less. She had good instincts on this day. She got good results in her Entrepreneurship exam, which would be good news back to her parents. Why was she so over enthusiastic? When Chaeyoung was leaving the classroom, she give the girl a big and indulging hug. This was so spontaneous of Tzuyu to do so.

Besides studying the meaning towards running a whole empire, she also took part in the school’s art course. Tzuyu was dedicated to art. It was her favourite hobby, she had a certain interest in the beauty of art. It was her dream to become a successful artist in the future, but she knew with her position that was more than impossible.

The elegance of art meant a lot to her, and seeing as she was one of the most introverted girls who you would meet in your lifetime, she saw producing artwork as a way as expressing herself as a human being, she didn’t really draw for the loving attention; it was a much different situation for the girl. Who was she kidding for anyways? Tzuyu hated attention, she hated having eyes on her, and it was something that would almost instantly make her uncomfortable. Coming from a family who strives for publicity, it was hard.

The tall haired girl was getting ready to leave the large building. Sunset was around the corner, and she didn’t want to wander the streets of Korea in the complete darkness. Tzuyu walked down the stairs, and the sound and feeling of heavy footsteps could be heard. It almost felt like somebody was desperately running down the corridor. Tzuyu could feel shivers going up her spine, as she tried to ignore the heavy footsteps. Nobody reported themselves to be staying back at such a time, so she found it more than odd to hear footsteps running at a heavy pace.

They got closer,

And closer,

Until they reached the bottom of the staircase. Tzuyu knew this was the end game. Well, not really the ‘end game’ but she knew that something shocking was going to appear right before her eyes. The girl wasn’t wrong. The figure of a girl with long, brown locks and milky white skincould be seen; stopping her little march as she seen the shocked Tzuyu, looking directly back at her with the same look in her eyes.

5

4

3

2

1

Five seconds had passed. Tzuyu could feel her heartbeat starting to increase, feeling it beat at a rapid pace. The girl was panting for breath, and Tzuyu was starting to lose breath, this unfamiliar feeling in her heart, and the sparks of electricity running up and down her body. This girl was astonishingly beautiful. She had puffy cheeks, making her resemble a squirrel who would be storing their nuts for the winter, not to mention the long silky brown hair, and her amazing eyes. Tzuyu didn’t know why her heartbeat was beating so fast, or why looking at this unfamiliar figure was somewhat satisfying her to the fullest proximity.

Nothing was said, the two girls just spent what felt like hours silently gazing into into eachothers eyes.

They both didn’t know how to explain the feeling of their hearts banging against their ribcages, but one thing was easy to confirm; that both girls’ had almost instantly fallen in love with each other, just by the simplest of dazes from eachothers eyes.

 

-

 

Tzuyu looked down at the two envelopes, hesitantly telling her two best friends about the plans for her future. It was hard for her, if she was going to be completely honest. Heck. Tzuyu was finding it hard to come to terms with the fact that she was going to get married. She did know that it was the best decision to tell people as soon as possible, so the shock didn’t come as much to her friends rather than family.

“You’re getting married!” Cheng Xiao happily clapped her hands, looking at Eunseo with a slight pout on her adorable face. “When will you marry me, huh?”

Eunseo shook her head at her girlfriends persistence towards marriage. “You haven’t even thought about proposing to me!” she bickered, with her hands on her hips. “I think that if you were to marry me, I would have to put up with you all day, every day.”

“That’s your dream, Eunseo.” Xiao winked with a cheeky grin plastered on her face.

Tzuyu looked at her bickering friends, asking herself why she chose them to be one of the many guests. She couldn’t lie, they were what you would call relationship goals and nobody could deny that for a certain. “I’m getting married, but I want to ask you guys to attend the wedding.”

“You girls have done so much and made a large impact on my life, and I want to thank you both.” she silently offered the two invitations out to her best friends. “They’re not the official invites as everything has to be planned out professionally, but I wanted you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter