Foreword pt 2 lmao

Flying Fishmonger

 

Namjoon was what you'd call a hardworking man. He lived just by the sea, and all he did was fish, and fish, and fish.

But he never really did catch one. Not even once.

And he'd been so frustrated at that one particular thought, that he just fished just to catch fish. There was no passion in it, no love; just great disbelief and sadness. And he cried, always. Of how he tried so hard, how every morning he was so determined to catch at least one fish, but nothing really worked out for him. And it was sad. He was sad. He was so embarrassed and defeated, and his heart ached every time the net would just bring him seaweeds and clams and nothing more.

The entirety of his existence was of frustrations and ruined expectations and Namjoon was a good man. He was a good man, and he never really deserved something as bad as having to meet dejected expectations.

The calluses on his hands proved nothing of the sort; of pride, success, and self-worth.

But, he doesn’t give up. So long as Kim Seokjin the Coconut King still believes in him, then so be it. He’ll fish and fish, he’ll fight the sadness no matter how hard it will be, and he’ll make Kim Seokjin the Coconut King proud.

After all, it was the Coconut King that saved him from the giant squid four years ago.