lot of stars

Stars In A Jar

Jihoon was a creative person, everyone said so, and he liked to make a star. everyday, he would bring a lot of long-cut papers and create his origami in class. Jihoon even got a detenyion because of making stars instead of paying attention to the formulas on the white board.Jihoon started this as a hobby, but now it became a thing. Everyday, Jihoon would sit and make a new star.

 

While thinking about someone.

 

And that someone was Bae Jinyoung.

 

Park Jihoon was almost 100% sure that this Bae Jinyoung guy wouldn't snatch his heart away after doing a 3 poin shot in P.E class. but the reality say otherwise. All because the ball was hitting Jihoon's face instead of entering the damn ring.

Poor Jihoon was walking back to his class, and poor Jihoon didn't know that there's a ball coming and the ball just landed on his face like that. What a wonderful day, Jihoon thought, because he didn't have to attend his physics class as he dragged to the nursery room by Bae Jinyoung. 

Bae Jinyoung spent his time apologizing to the swollen-nosed Jihoon. Jihoon shrugged it off and told him he was okay, but Jinyoung is so persistent. Jihoon laughed because this kid is so cute, and Jihoon never find a guy so attractive and cute like Jinyoung before. 

"No more apologizing, I'm okay," Jihoon said as he took another tissue to stop his bleeding nose. "You should go back to class."

Jinyoung gave a look to Jihoon, "What? No. I will stay here until you got better."

 

And that was the magic of love, everybody.

 

After that accident, Jihoon almost spent his entire time with Jinyoung. Jinyoung was a sweet and caring person, Jihoon realized. He always bought him lunch (even though it was just a bread and milk), helped his physics homework, or just walk him home. Jihoon always feel that thight feeling inside his chest everytime Jinyoung beside him. Never, in his life, Jihoon would feel such a thing. At first Jihoon thought that it was just a simple admiring, nothing more. But as time goes by, Jihoon realized his feeling was far more than just a simple admiring. We could call it as a crush, maybe. 

Jihoon just want him to be his.

 

But he just couldn't.

 

So he did what he could -- making stars.

Everytime Jihoon thinks about Jinyoung, he would make a star from a paper and put it in a jar. Days became weeks, weeks became months. Jihoon made the stars without stopping, and it was the proof that Jihoon never stopped thinking about Jinyoung. One star became two, two stars became three... until there were three jars full of stars in front of him.

"Well, that was a lot of work," Jihoon whispered to himself. 

"What are you making?" Jihoon yelped as he heard the familiar voice. Jinyoung pulled a chair and sat in front of him. "What are these?"

Jihoon glanced away, "Stars."

"Star?" Jinyoung picked one of the jar and examined it. "You make it all?"

"You never know? I always get detention because of this." Jinyoung chuckled, and Jihoon almost dead. Why is he like this?

"Right, I never know." Suddenly, the atmosphere went down. Jihoon didn't know what made Jinyoung pulled a bitter smile onhis face. what Jihoon knew, it didn't suit him at all. "I wish I know you more."

 

Jihoon froze. 

"What?" He swore that he heard it wrong. He didn't mean it like that, right? He thought about any other scenarios. I wish i know you made the star before, or Iwish you got a detenton more. Jihoon heart beat a little faster, and his hands became clammy. That was the side effect for too much spending time with the certain Bae Jinyoung.

"I..." Jinyoung started. Jihoon could see Jinyoung gulped. "I wish we know each other more, you know? I know we just became best friend, but... Ah, it's hard. I'm sorry. forget about what I said."

Jihoon opened his mouth, but decided to close it. If Jihoon was right, if Jihoon was right.

"Hey, Jinyoung. Do you like stars?" Jinyoung looked at Jihoon confused, but shook his head anyway. "I like stars."

Jinyoung eyes lit up. "You like stars? Why?"

"I don't know... I find them beautiful."

Jinyoung nodded. He examined the jar once again, and smiled. "Like you."

 

That was when Jihoon feels like exploding.

"What are you talking about?" Jihoon tried to laugh, but he thought he failed. Jinyoung just smile more widely than before, and held Jihoon hand. "Why did you do this?"

"That's because..." if Jhoon said he liked stars, it would sounded like he was lying. Jihoon could feel his face became warm.

"I can't say that I like you, so everytime I think about you I would make a star and put it in a jar," Jihoon said, very slowly. He hoped Jinyoung would not hear him and instead said "Pardon?" so Jihoon has an excuse to escape. 

Jinyoung just sat there, didn't give Jihoon any respond. Suddenly he pick a piece of long-paper Jihoon had in his table and said, "Can you teach me how to do it?"

Jihoon looked at him."What for?"

"I should make a star and put it in a jar too. Because starting from today, I will always think about you everyday."

Jinyoung smiled widely and laughed when he saw Jihoon's face became as red as a tomato. Jihoon wanted the floor to open up and swallowed him whole, but instead he found himelf smiling and laughing with Jinyoung. Jihoon felt so light and happy, because starting from today, he would spent his entire time with his Bae Jinyoung. 

 

"Shall we make the stars together, then?"