Never Leave

Tightly Held

     They had finally gotten home, after 12 hours of an award show, makeup and hair, they were home. The happiness through the roof as they all walked in, arms around shoulders, hands intertwined, and tear streaks on their faces. The MAMA awards were the best yet that year, and nothing can (or will) top it. 

     

      Yoongi was the first to walk into his room, and lightly close the door. The rest of the boys just stood around looking at eachother in awe, not believing what had happened only hours ago. 

 

Namjoon was the first to speak, "We...we did it" 

A light hum sounds across the room as they are too emotionally to voice out their agreements so that will suffice. 

 

"I'm going to go the room, I think I need a minute", Namjoon speaks up again, voice cracking the middle. 

 

"Okay...", Jin says softly behind Jungkook, knowing the man needed to let out his emotions. 

 

      With that, Namjoon walks up to the room and opens the door slowly, still in a trance. Because of his state, he doesn't notice Yoongi sitting on the bed, frail body shaking with his sobs. Yoongi doesn't notice him either. Once he lets out a sniffle though, Namjoon is snapped into reality. 

 

"Yoongi? Are you alright? Do you need anything?", Namjoon awkwardly stutters out, although the over said theory of Yoongi not showing emotions was beyond wrong, he still felt off knowing Yoongi was crying like this. 

 

"Fine, I- Im okay.", was the reply he received, Yoongi's voice was thick with tears. 

 

       To be completely honest, Namjoon knew alot of things, being a leader was one of them; but everything felt surreal and not them in that moment and suddenly they weren't idols, they were human beings in the same room with the same emotion: relief. 

 

        Namjoon doesn't know why but his first action was to walk up to Yoongi and fit him in his arms, hugging him wasn't rare but it felt foreign that time, new emotions existed.  He held him, one hand around his shoulders and the other caressing Yoongis head, he tightened his grip occasionally almost as if he was reminding Yoongi that he's there. After 30 seconds, Namjoon felt hands crawl up his waist and grip the shirt he was wearing, bunching up the fabric in his closed fists and finally, Namjoon let out the breath and tears he had been holding in for 3 years. 

 

        None of them said anything, they didn't need to. Namjoon could feel Yoongi shaking with sobs in his arms and Yoongi could feel Namjoon shaking with the same ones. 

 

"You..you helped me live", Yoongi started slowly inbetween catching his breath and crying, "I wanted to die, I really did. Then I met you and the boys and they just...you just stayed with me. Jesus, you guys saved me. I love you, I love you so much. All of you. You guys are my family, the closest thing I have, the closest thing I can ever have. Please....please don't leave me, I'm happy now, don't change that" 

 

         Namjoon took a deep breath, swallowed his tears and softly said, "Never", then repeated it, "Never, never, never, never, never, we will never leave, you will never leave, not even if we're forced. You are the reason for our success, you are a part of this family and we do not leave our family behind, we promised that". 

 

         Downstairs the rest of them were doing almost the same thing, huddled up, crying in relief and exhaustion. Jin holding Jungkook's waist tightly (for Jungkook he wants to say, but we all know it isn't true), Jungkook's head burried in Jin's shoulder, letting out small breaths to help him stay calm even though that already broke hours ago and Jin just keeps saying, "It's okay, let it out, you don't have to be so strong you're still so young, you can cry". Jimin, Hoseok, and Taehyung were twined together on the couch, tears and small laughs released as they look at eachother fondly, little, "I love you"'s coming out every now and then when Taehyung felt overwhelming happiness. These boys were a family, they worked together, loved together, and felt every emotion as one.