1.

where's my proclamation of love?

 

"Considering how easy it is for you to pick up girls, it's hard to believe that wouldn't dare to confess to your crush. Kim Minkyung, you're a coward." 

 

Minkyung puts down the book she had been reading and hits Kyungwon's back, earning her a groan from the blonde girl. The two had been in the library studying for their Chemistry test well more like Minkyung was trying to study until Kyungwon started distracting her, as usual. Minkyung wondered for the hundredth time that hour why she would ever study with someone who cries herself to sleep over her dog but then again its Kang Kyungwon, she could never refuse. 

 

"Okay but real talk it's been more than two years since you've told me about your crush. Two years, if you didn't know, is a really long time! Are you really going to just keep quiet and not say anything? You can't just wait for the person to confess, sometimes you have to make the first move." 

"Well I mean this is the main reason why I pick up girls? So while I wait I have someone to do." 

"That's not very healthy." 

"My crush probably doesn't even like me or know about my feelings so let's just leave it as that. I'm fine with it." 

 

Minkyung hears Kyungwon sigh. It's not the first time they've had this conversation. It would always end with Minkyung running away from the topic and Kyungwon not pushing it any further. I mean if your crush was your best friend since birth, you wouldn't dare to say anything would you? 

It didn't take much for Minkyung to fall for Kyungwon. Kyungwon was funny, stupid but really caring and loving at the same time. Plus, Minkyung would never admit this out loud but, Kyungwon's hot. However it did take Minkyung a really long time to come to terms with it. The only people who knew were Nayoung-she was the one who helped Minkyung through it, and her diary (lame but yes Kim Minkyung keeps a diary). 

 

"Kim Minkyung, if I confessed to my crush then would you dare to do the same?" At this Minkyung looked straight into Kyungwon's playful eyes, she feels her chest aching, probably her heart, but still a smile is plastered on her face. 

"You have a crush? Give me a break, you wouldn't dare." 

"I would!" 

"If you did, I would proclaim my love for my crush to the whole world! Besides do you even know how to confess?" 

"Simple. I like you. Be my girlfriend? And then you wink." Kyungwon winks at Minkyung, giving her a demonstration. 

"I'm literally cringing. Don't come crying to me if your crush rejects you." Minkyung wasn't exactly lying. She wouldn't want to deal with a heartbroken Kyungwon, her heart would need more healing. 

 


Kyungwon had texted Minkyung to say that she wouldn't be able to come to school. Minkyung hated it when Kyungwon wasn't in school. The only reason why she bothers to go to school is because of the blonde and her friends of course but mostly the blonde. Minkyung always felt empty without Kyungwon (overly attached but what do you expect, the two did everything together since day 1) and she could already feel her inner stone Nayoung kicking in. She hadn't realized but she was already at their usual spot in the school garden. 

 

"Hey." 

 

Minkyung yelped as she jumped up from the bench, dropping the books that were on her lap. She found Kyungwon at her feet, picking up her books. 

 

"Kyungwon? I thought you were sick, what are you doing here? Am I hallucinating?" 

"No, I'm actually here and I wanted to tell you something. Kim Minkyung, I like you. Will you be my girlfriend?" Kyungwon places Minkyung's books on the table and presents her a bouquet not forgetting the cringe worthy wink. Minkyung temporarily loses her calm before realizing that Kyungwon was probably just rehearsing on her. 

"Wow, you even prepared flowers? I never pegged you for a romanticist, Kang Kyungwon. Good luck confessing to your crush later." 

"This is for real though? Minky, I like you." 

"Haha Kyungwon, don't play around..." 

 

Minkyung feels too afraid to even take Kyungwon seriously until she feels herself being pulled and she feels a soft pair of lips on hers. Holy cow. Kang Kyungwon, her best friend, her crush is kissing her. 

Minkyung feels Kyungwon about to pull back. She doesn't know what takes over her but she wraps her arms around Kyungwon, not letting her go and deepens the kiss. Minkyung has kissed many different people but that kiss with Kyungwon was on a whole new level of kissing that Minkyung didn't know existed. She knows that this kiss is Kyungwon's first. Kyungwon had always talked about how precious a first kiss was to her and she was giving it Minkyung. For a first timer, Kyungwon was gentle and the way she kissed was with so much care and hesitance, it only made Minkyung find more reasons to fall deeper for her best friend. 


"So do you still think I'm joking?" 

"No." 

"Then what's your reply going to be, I'm still waiting you know." 

"Of course I would be your girlfriend. I like you a lot too, Kang Kyungwon. You've always been my crush." Kyungwon gives Minkyung a bone crushing hug, not caring that the school bell had already rung for the first lesson. 

"Oh and my dear girlfriend, I confessed to you. Now I'm waiting for your proclamation of love for me to the whole world that you promised yesterday." 

 

Kyungwon looks expectantly but Minkyung rolls her eyes at Kyungwon and decides to run off for their first class. 

 

"Loser has to pay for our first date!" 

"KIM MINKYUNG, HOW DARE YOU LEAVE YOUR GIRLFRIEND OF APPROXIMATELY TWO MINUTES BEHIND!"

 

 

 

 


A/N: erm I don't even know what this is...