Chapter I

Logic of Love

Seoul university, it’s a place where countries top students join. It offers degrees in many areas and sometimes in orders in make student understand real life projects students from different departments are assigned to projects and research together. One of such projects, lead Taecyeon for the necessity of explain love logically. Well Teacyeon, he is a senior of business and marketing department. Form childhood Taecyeon showed special interest in numbers, and always good with them. Although he did average in subjects which required lot of reading but math is he standout, which was the reason he accepted in this degree. For him math is a tool which has many predefined basic rules such as additions, subtraction, multiplication, division, integration etc. And proven theories based on these predefined rules. Which very logical and explainable. There are few things which people might argue that not explainable why addition means what it means, but it’s like arguing why he was named Teacyeon. It was something came into existence due to necessity and named it that way.

 

For his 7th Semester mini project he was asked to Team up one of the female from the TV production department to do research and creating a formula for a successful movies. It really doesn’t sound as a mini project but being part of prestigious college its common. He went to meeting room as per mail he got from there advisor. When he reached there he saw a woman sitting in the room. Before getting near to her he took a whole minute to take her beautiful features in. ‘She is beautiful, despite looking tired. She is sleeping, considering that sound from her earphones it’s not easy to wake her up calling. By the way what’s her name?’ he moved to the Table and opened his laptop to read mail send by advisor for her name. ‘Yoona Im beautiful name, maybe I should call her’. “Miss Im”, he tried his best to call her at his highest voice decibel which turned out to be not useful as he guessed. ‘Ok maybe I need to wake her up by touching or wait till she wakes up. What are demerits, First one may give wrong impression about me as second one may lead delay in next appointments for both of us. Aish! What should I do, I don’t want her to misunderstand me considering that we are going to spend lot of time together next two months, But I also don’t want us to miss our next appointments. Ok what are merits I get to touch her, oh my god Taec why are you thinking like a ert but then again, it’s not like I am touching her indecently or with other thoughts in my mind the situation demands it, where are second option has no merits what so ever. Ok I need to find some middle ground here. Ok this is what I do I will wait 10 more minutes and waking her up if necessary’. Teacyeon decided on his further action and he checked his laptop for further information on project.

 

It’s been 10 minutes, Teacyeon signed and was about to touch her shoulder when Yoona suddenly woke up and saw Taecyeon trying to wake her up. He immediately withdraws his hand and smiled at her. But somehow looked a bit disappointed. Yoona looked at the him with a bit of surprise and a bit of awe. “Hey I am Ok Taecyeon from business department, I was partnered with you for our mini project. Let’s work our best for next two months” he smiled. ‘He is very handsome and his dimples are cute when he smiled. Why does he look disappointed? Wait how long I slept its almost 15min and we have room only for 15 more minutes no wonder he is disappointed’, “Hey I am Im Yoona from production department. Nice to meet you. Sorry I fell asleep”. “No, it’s ok. I was trying to get some information on our project”, he said very sincerely that made Yoona to show her confusion. He raised his eyebrows and used his entire facial features to show on big question mark. “I saw you are disappointed when you tried to wake me up and I thought because we are left with only 15min for our discussion”, “Oh, that was because….” He trailed of suddenly his ears turned red which lead to Yoona laugh “You have very cute body reactions” she pointed out. “Thanks, btw let’s discuss on project”

 

“Oh, that was because…” ‘I was unable to touch you. Wow Taecyeon that sound very…. She is very beautiful when she laughs. I think my ears turned red she said I am cute he he he, ok let’s move topic away from me, otherwise I will blush if I am already not’. “Thanks, btw let’s discuss on project”. They suddenly became serious and spend discussing about the work for next 15 minutes. It was time for them to leave for there lessons. “Hey lets discuss over a lunch if you are free at 2PM” he said. “Are you asking me on a date Taecyeon shii?” she doesn’t know why she said that, generally she is bit shy whereas around him she feel comfortable despite the time they know each other is very small, 30 minutes or more like 15 minutes and maybe she want see his cute shy face which she got to see. “No, I want to discuss about project” he said shyly. “I know, I am just kidding, but 2PM sounds very late for a lunch do you have classes till then”, “Yes my classes will end late and I will be free rest of the day, so you can have lunch early and we can discuss after my lunch”. “It’k see you at 2PM in cafeteria then and let’s have lunch together” she said along with a smile as they walked out. “Please don’t wait for me and have your lunch on time,” his voice came out a bit serious than expected it to be. She nodded and they went their separate ways, ‘Well Majority of his rumors are true, he is handsome and cute. But the biggest one I am not sure yet, he seemed a bit angry about eating lunch together, anyway I get to spend two moths with him so no rush’, Yoona smiled at the thought she would be spending lot of time with him.

 

Yoona looked at clock in cafeteria its 2PM he should be there soon. She was very hungry waiting for him despite his warning, is it a warning? But it seems to be hard, she was almost tempted to order food and start first. But she wants to eat with him. They don’t know each other long but she felt something different about this guy. It’s not that she is first time talking to men. Considering how pretty she is, there are many people who pursue her.  Although being in production department made her very busy person she always made sure to make some time with friends and she had may guy friends. Being in the society and understanding people and their interaction is something which will be useful to build image for character in writings. Is she interested in Taecyeon because he can bring different dimension to the characters? She was not sure, it might be part of the reason, that’s not all. There is something different about this guy which makes her want to know everything about him. While she was in her thoughts someone came, and sat in front of her “Done with your lunch?”, she looked where voice came from a smile formed automatically, “No waiting for you”. “I prefer if you had food rather than waiting for me”, Taecyeon said in serious tone, soon her smile turned into frown she felt bit sad but he didn’t do anything about it. It’s true that he doesn’t like making people waiting for him by suffering themselves, it’s not logical. “Let’s grab something to eat”, he said and went ahead of her, he didn’t like seeing her sad face, if he stays there he might do something out his character and he was afraid of it.

 

They ate lunch in awkward silence, Yoona was still disappointed with what happened earlier. She thought may be rumors are true after all, ‘No wait I should not think about it that way, I don’t know the reason why he behaved like that, will he tell me if I ask?’ Hoping he was what she thought unlike what others say about him she asked breaking silence “Taecyeon-shi, is there any particular reason that you didn’t like me waiting for you?” she saw a shocked expression on his face, after thinking for some time he said, “Let’s just say I don’t like people suffering because of me”, It was Yoona turn to be shocked. ‘Ok he is very sweet and seems sensitive, if he just changes his tone and might more upfront or express his thoughts in different way, he will be popular scratch that very popular’. “Is there something wrong with it?” if someone hear it the way he said they definitely think he is jerk, as describe by rumors but Yoona was past that she knows him better than that something she is going to keep to herself. Yoona blushed at that thought, she nodded implying nothing is wrong for his question, “You have very cute side”, she knows he is going to blush for that remark and he did, after all it’s not fair if only she is the only one to be blushing, also he is very cute doing so which make her want to see it more.

 

“Taecyeon-shi, is there any particular reason that you didn’t like me waiting for you?” ‘I was shocked, well, being handsome and all I was always surrounded by girls. By when my nerdy nature, “that’s what I call my behavior” come out they tend to move away and right now I am considered as jerk, it hurts when people think bad about you, but I never tried to change or answer them as it comes with very big positive, you will be left alone and get to do things freely. And since I have group of friends who understand me well I never felt missing out anything, but this is first time someone tried to understand meaning behind my actions outside of my group, should I tell her the reason? If I tell her my reason can be trivial and laughable. If I don’t, she may or will be forced think I am jerk as per rumors, two months of suffering may be and losing chance of friendship with her’ “Let’s just say I don’t like people suffering because of me”, ‘ok now she seems shocked, I didn’t think this through completely somehow though of losing friendship with her caused me tell her the reason. Why the hell did I do that?’, “Is there something wrong with it?” ‘ok why she is just nodding for my question although it’s a positive response, I need to hear her voice’, “You have very cute side”, ‘ok, what was that? my ears might be red and all, and why am enjoying this so much, anyway I am happy I said reason to her’

 

Their time working together on project seems gone by very fast and both of them are not happy with that fact. They need more time, together. In these two months things did happened, for Taecyeon he learned about Yoona within first week and he was happy how she readily explained about herself to him. It seems she understood that he need to know her so that they can avoid unnecessary misunderstandings. Yoona understood the way Taecyeon thinks better and she liked him more, he always surprised her with his new sides. He is very caring, attentive, gentleman and most of all he was happy to spend more time with her. By doing things his way he always makes sure she was not affected in any manner which sometime make her sad, like when he drops her early at her house after movie and dinner date’s, ok they are not dates just researching for project but she wants spend more time with him, but she can’t find a reason to not do so. And according to her no one can, as Taecyeon consider each and every aspect of merits and demerits for a decision. Unless she tells that she like him which she is not going to do after all it’s a guy’s job. There are into final week of the project, which made them happy and sad. Happy that they have excuse to spend whole day together and sad as these excuses are going to be disappear. They feel the necessity of being with each other more and eventful two months are not so or sufficiently event full.

 

                Taecyeon and Yoona successfully completed their project which got them very high praises from the professors in charge. Both of them decided to go out for a dinner to celebrate their success. Yoona was waiting in car parking as planned, when Taecyeon walked in parking lot, he saw someone approaching Yoona with flowers. He was fast enough to understand the further proceedings and started walking in brisk phase. ‘Ok what I am going to do now? I am sure that she will not accept him whoever it might be as she like me or so I think. How sure am I again? not 100%, so there is chance that it might not go the way I think it will. Although it’s very small somehow I am not ready to take that chance.’ Taecyeon somehow managed to stand in between Yoona and her pursuer. “Yoona these past two months I enjoyed spending time with you and hope you enjoyed the with me. I came to like you as woman whom I want try to spend my rest of life with. So Im Yoona will you be my girlfriend and give us a chance to understand each other more and intern prove worthy enough of being together rest of our life”. Yoona was shocked with the sudden confession, ‘I was preparing for a rejection when this guy walked towards me with flowers. But Taecyeon came in between and confessed, or more like proposed. I like how he talked about us in it. Ah my cheeks are burning. How come he always surprise me to this extent.’ Not trusting her voice Yoona nodded and hugged Taecyeon. After some time, they separated and started to consider surrounding around them. They felt embarrassed. Taecyeon was first to react and he asked “Want to get away from here?”, for which Yoona nodded and he took her towards his car holding hands. They got in car and went away leaving the guy behind who didn’t move as unable to process what happened in front of him.

               

As they reach the restaurant Yoona’s playful side was rejuvenated she want to tease Taecyeon “So you like me?”, “No, it more like I Love you.” Yoona was taken back by his answer, right now she wished they are alone so that she can express her love in different way. But considering surroundings she decided to use her words. “I love you too” yoona said while her cheeks match with the color of roses on the table.  They eat dinner together while grinning ear to ear where pinkish shade never left their faces. Silence is comfortable but Taecyeon always loved Yoona voice so in order to hear the same he started talking “So want to meet my friends?” “Ya sure, you should meet mine too. How come you never mention them before?”, “Our time together is very small and being selfish I am, made sure that its spend totally with me and it may come out as wrong way but I never remember them when I am around you”. Yoona smiled more liked blushed understanding his situation its same for her. she remembers hoping for him to be selfish which he is already is, guess not sufficient enough for her. Suddenly a thought made Yoona to smile mischievously

“So Mr. Logical how do you explain love logically?”

“Let’s see Love formulates from operations like talking, understanding, enjoying, fighting, resolving and many other wonderful things with a person, where these operations and the way they handled vary from person to person. And the question why that person can’t be answered as many basic things are predefined in case of love it would be predestined.” He looked into her eyes, “and Yoona I am happy for being able to meet you and thankful for accepting to becoming into that person, if not for you I may never feel those and able to love like I love you.”

 

So how should Yoona respond to this? Sorry if it came out a bit nerdish (ok a lot :'( ). Hope you guys enjoy it and until next time. And i would like to apologize for the "Lonely One" readers somehow, I am unable to go further then posted part.

Also, will leave you guys with author list whose TY stories I always enjoyed and inspirational. There are many, but will limit to below for now. (99% chances you already know them :P)

escapingfromreality Coccchanel erudite