Three

Somewhere Behind The Wall

Soojung was alone at the bus stop in front of her school gate that evening.  She was a little bit late than usual because she had a club meeting on the same day as Jongin's.  Narim went home earlier than her because she didn't have important events coming up.  Besides, Narim was a member of another club.  Meanwhile, Soojung couldn't escape from the meeting because she was the secretary of her club.  Everybody needed her for jotting down all points for their future club's reports.

The surrounding was quiet since only a few students stayed back.  Few cars and buses have passed by since 4PM, fetching other students while Soojung sat calmly on the bench, waiting for her Aunt Seolhee.  There was also a man and her wife selling some fried food sticks, snacks and drinks across the road.  Soojung gulped.  She took out the wallet in her schoolbag and began checking her money.

"Oh no, I'm broke".   She sighed and saw there were only 2000won in her wallet.  She rubbed her belly because she felt a tad bit hungry that day.  Soojung didn't want to stare longer at the food stall across her so she looked away.  Her aunt was a bit late too.  Usually, Soojung wouldn't have to wait longer because she knew her Aunt Seolhee will always arrive early and waited for her.  Well, maybe Aunt Seolhee was stuck in a traffic jam.  That's what she thought to herself.

Suddenly,

"Is that you, Jung Soojung?" she heard a familar voice asking her.  

Soojung knitted her eyebrows and slowly turn her head towards the voice's owner.  When she saw the person, she could feel the heat rising up to her cheeks.  She blinked twice to make sure that she got the right person.  Yes, it was Kim Jongin, standing awkwardly at the end of the bus stop, with his backpack thrown over one shoulder only and the uniform's coat on his right arm.

"Are you waiting for somebody?"  He asked again, breaking the awkward silence between them.

"Umm, yes.  Actually, I was waiting for my aunt".  She answered, giggling.  Suddenly her stomach rumbled causing a quite loud sound which Jongin can also hear.  Soojung's eyes widened immediately, her face also turned redder than before.  Jongin smiled, realizing how cute she was.  So, he went across the street to go to the food stall.

Meanwhile, Soojung couldn't stop from cursing at herself.  She was so embarrassed that she looked like a fool infront of him twice on the same day.  First, she had her drinks spilled on his clean shirt and the second one, having her stomach rumbling loudly til he can hear it.  Soojung wanted to bury her face so bad.  Then, he saw Jongin walking towards her with some foods and two cups of drinks.  She started feeling uneasy when she saw him.

"Here, take these".  Jongin handed her a pack of hotdogs, meatballs and a cup of iced latte.  

"I'm sorry for bothering you, Kim Jongin.  But, really.  Thank you".  She said while taking the foods and cup from his hands.  He smiled and sat next to her, just a few inches away.  He afraid that she would feel uncomfortable being near him.  

Soojung ate slowly but happily that her stomach wouldn't have to make a sound again.  Jongin was also enjoying his foods beside her.  Soojung's phone suddenly rang and when she looked at the screen, it was her aunt calling her.  Jongin glanced from the corner of his eye and continued eating.  But then, he heard Soojung sighed.

He stopped munching his nuggets and asked,

"Why? What happened?"

"My aunt couldn't bring me home today because she had an issue in her office right now.  She wanted to ask Narim's parents whether they can bring me home or not.  I know they would but it's just that I don't want to bother them".  "Besides, they gave me a lift every morning to school along with Narim".  She said.

"Where do you live?" Jongin asked again.

"Jade Park".

Coincidentally, they lived in the same neighbourhood.  But perhaps, her house was located at another road.  

"I'll walk you home".  Jongin said.

Soojung felt her heart was racing so fast when she heard him saying that, offering to walk her home.  Soojung was hesitant to let Jongin walk together with her because it was her first time ever talking to him.  He was an acquaintance to her so she knew it would be super awkward being around him.  And now, he offered to walk her home.

Jongin noticed the hesitant look on Soojung's face and he thought she might be afraid of him.  But then, he said again,

"I didn't mean any harm.  I lived in the same neighbourhood with you but my house is at 5th street.  How about yours?"

Soojung was thankful that he lived in the same neighbourhood as her.  She glanced at her watch and realizing that the time is running and the sun will set soon.  She was afraid of the dark and she knew she would have to do some house chores before her aunt gets back from work.  So, she agreed going home along with him.

"Mine is at the 2nd street.  Would you mind?"  She asked back.  He smiled and nod.  Before leaving the school bus, Jongin reached for his phone in the bag and texted Sehun quickly.

"Sehun, no need to fetch me.  I'm going home with someone.  See you and Joohyuk later tonight at 7!"

Few seconds after that...

"Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkk" Sehun replied.  Jongin laughed lightly because he knew Sehun was in the middle of playing a game when he replied like that.  He tossed his phone in his bag and left with Soojung.


Soojung arrived home with a smile plastered on her face.  She had an amazing moment with Jongin on their way home even though it was short.  Her first time talking with him was great because Jongin was quite friendly and he knew well on how to make the situation less awkward between them.  They chatted a lot while getting to know each other better.  From talking about basic introductions about each other to some other stuffs, she felt comfortable being around him.  Well, that was her first impression on him.  They also talked about the upcoming event in their school which they both had tasks to do to make it happen.

"Gentlemen still exist.  Why am I not in the same class as him?!"  Soojung said to herself.  She took off her shoes and ran upstairs to her room.  She was so excited to tell Narim about her second encounter with Kim Jongin, the most iconic boy in their school.   

Before texting Narim, Soojung called her aunt first telling her that she has arrived home safely with her friend.  She needed to inform Aunt Seolhee because she didn't want her to worry a lot.  Then, Soojung quickly text Narim.

S: NARIM I WANTED TO TELL U SOMETHING!!!!!!!

Soojung fidgeted on her chair waiting for Narim's reply.  Few minutes after that...

N: YEAH TELL ME WHAT IT IS

S: I'VE ARRIVED HOME SAFE AND SOUND AND GUESS WHAT!!! KIM J WALKED ME HOME KYAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

N: WHAT!???? U GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! WHEN? WHY? HOW???????? DAMN SOOJUNG U SUCH  A BIJ I HATE CHU!

S: HAHAHAHAHAHA U SO FUNNY OKAY OKAY I'M TELLING U NOW.  MY CLUB MEETING ENDED EARLY SO I WAITED FOR MY AUNT AT THE BUS STOP.  BUT THEN, AN HOUR AFTER I SAT AT THE BUS STOP, HE CAME THERE AND I JUST KNEW THAT HE HAD A CLUB MEETING TOO. DAMN GIRL, I DON'T LIKE TELLING STORIES THRU TEXT. I'LL TELL EVERYTHING TO YOU IN DETAILS TMR.

N: OKAYYYYYY BIJ U BETTER TELL ME OR NOT U'LL BE DEAD HAHAHAHAHA *EVIL LAUGH*

S: aye aye captain. enough with the capslock already ahahhaha.  i'm gonna take a shower now. see u tmr!!!! bye!!!!

N: okay soojungieee byeeeee!

Soojung smiled, looking at her phone screen.  She was excited but she wasn't sure what kind of happiness that she felt right then.  Jongin looked like a nice guy to be friend with.  His good looks was a bonus to his charming personality.  Soojung put her palm on her chest.  Her heart was pounding when the thought of Jongin's face came to her mind.

She jumped in excitement once again and went straight to the bathroom to take her shower.