FINAL

Smiles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hakyeon could feel the waves of heat radiating from his body. Every part of his body ached and all he wanted to do was to sleep. However, he knew that he could not afford to do that. He forced himself out of the his bed. Dizziness hit him the moment he say up and he clutched his head, groaning slightly.

After a few moments, he stumbled off his bed and held on the walls for support, making his way to the bathroom. He washes his face, hoping to wash the tiredness away. He applies foundation on his face hoping to brighten his complexion before heading out of his room, with a smile on his face. 

When Hakyeon heads out of his room, Jaehwan notices. The fake smile plastered on his face. He takes in the gaunt features of his friend. He did not miss the slight staggering steps of the leader. It has been so long since he really sees him having a proper rest and even having a genuine smile on his face, he thought. However, he did not think much of it, pushing away any thoughts of his friend feeling unwell and continued preparing breakfast for the members to it. 

After breakfast was done, everyone gathered around the table. Awkward silence surrounded them. 

“Since when did the atmosphere became like this? How long has it been since we even had a proper conversation?” Hakyeon thought as he looked at all the members.

Seeing the tired faces of the members, he was even more determined not to drag them down because of his sickness. He pretended nothing was wrong and smiled at the members.

“So, how is everything going for you guys?” Hakyeon asked, in hopes to bring up the atmosphere. 

“Why do you care hyung?” Sanghyuk mumbled as no one at the table bothered to answer Hakyeon. The smile on Hakyeon’s face faltered slightly but he forced himself to smile.

“Why are you guys like this? Feeling tired? Is it because you guys miss me?” Hakyeon tried joking and laughing. 

“Hakyeon, you’re so annoying. We finally had some peace and quiet in the dorm. Don’t come and pretend that you’re the leader to us after coming back from your own personal schedules. You must be so happy now that you’re more popular than us and everything due to the dramas and variety showsyou’re doing.” Taekwoon says sharply at the leader.

Surprised at the response, Hakyeon was about to say something to prevent the misunderstanding of the members when he was cut off by Sanghyuk.

“He’s right hyung. Don’t come and pretend to be the leader as and when you like. It’s so annoying. If you want to pretend, at least do it right. Talk to the company or whatever to let us prepare for the comeback. Otherwise you’re the only one hogging all the attention from the fans. I hope you even remember that you’re part of VIXX and not only an actor.” Sanghyuk snapped. 

Sanghyuk than left the dining table, followed by Taekwoon. Hakyeon looks at the rest of the members, looking down. None of them attempt to comfort him, thats when he sees the look in the members eyes. Although none of them says anything to him, he could see the look of agreement in their eyes.

Soon, the rest of them left the dining table one by one. Before Jaehwan stood up, he pat the shoulder of the leader. “They are just frustrated and tired. They will be fine soon.” He mumbles and left without giving a chance for Hakyeon to say anything.

Hakyeon felt bad for ruining everyone’s mood at the start of the day. He sat still on his chair, with no strength to move. He bit his lip, trying not to burst into tears, which failed dramatically as a single tear rolled down his cheek.

At that moment, VIXX’s manager entered the dorm. “Hakyeon! Are you ready-“ however, he stopped when he noticed the tears on the leader’s face.

“What happened? Are you okay?” The manager asked. Hakyeon quickly wiped the tears on his face.

“I’m okay. Let’s go, otherwise we will be late.” Hakyeon quickly says as he headed out the dorm. He almost stumbled and fell but regained his composure as his manager held onto him. 

“Hakyeon! You’re burning up! Are you really okay to go for the drama shoot today? Should I cancel so you can rest?” His manager asked worriedly.

“I’m fine hyung. It’s just a mild fever. We can’t leave a bad impression for VIXX on the first day of drama shoot right? I’ll just take some medicine and I’ll be fine.” Hakyeon whispers softly as he pushed his hand away.

The rest of the day went smoothly for Hakyeon although he feels like he’s about to faint. However, he pushed himself and did not want to disappoint the members, which he already did. 

After the drama shoot ended, he stayed behind until everyone left as he did not want to seem disrespectful to the senior actors. When most of them left the filming set, he then proceeded to leave with the manager.

“Hakyeon, let’s go to the hospital, you look really pale and you haven’t eaten the whole day.” His manager told him while they were in the van. 

“I’m fine hyung, really. I just need a nap and I’ll be fine. Let’s go to the company, I have something to talk to the President about.” Hakyeon says weakly as he closes his eyes, slipping into a restless sleep.

The moment Hakyeon arrives at the company, he went to talk to the President to negotiate on their comeback. 

“What brings you here Hakyeon? It’s just great. I have something to talk to you about.” The president says as he gestures for Hakyeon to take a seat. 

“What is it about?” Hakyeon asks politely.

“Take on the drama “Tunnel”. Its a great opportunity for VIXX to gain more recognition.” The president says.

“What? But I’m already doing another drama and even participating in Masked Singer. There’s too many things for me to handle at once and…” Hakyeon says quickly, surprised at what the president says.

“If you take on the drama, I’ll allow VIXX to comeback. The president says. 

That shut Hakyeon up and he immediately agreed to do it, no matter how tired he was. He convinced himself that it was worth it.

His manager heard everything outside the door and could not help but to admire Hakyeon and feel sad at the same for the sacrifices he made for the team. He could only hope that they will be able to appreciate it.

Once he leaves the room, he rushes to the toilet stall and locks himself inside. His stomach contracted so violently. Whatever he has eaten that day (which was basically the toast that he nibbled that morning) surge up his throat and into the toilet bowl. He sank to his knees and retched until only clear liquid was coming up. He felt so weak and his throat felt sore. 

His manager kept banging on the door after he sees him dashing out of the room to find

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter