Chapter 3

The Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[My loss, again]

A week later, 

Erin's POV

"Sorry for coming uninformed." I said as politely as I could to the maids in the house. I was now standing in the lobby of a mansion that belongs to the Rowanne family. The place that my friend, Amanda who died three weeks ago, called home. A man that I assumed the head of the butler came to me. 

He bowed at me and said, "No worries, Miss Erin. You are after all, Amanda's precious friend. You will always be welcomed."

"How do you know me? Have we ever met before?" I said curiously. The man who had no expression or emotion displayed on his face earlier suddenly smiled softly.

"Being the one to serve and to accompany our precious young lady from birth, I had become more like the father of that child. Everyday, she would talk about what happened around her. It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Erin." As if he was drowned in his memories, his gaze wavered and his eyes looked glassy. It was as if he was about to cry.

"Well, may I ask? What is the reason for you and this lad to come all the way here?" The man that was recently snapped back to reality said as he emphasized the word lad which was not really bothered by me. His face looked uncomfortable but still as calm as ever.

"Could you do me a favour and let the both of us to go to Amanda's room?" I said to the man and he nodded as he took us to her room. Jimin walked silently at my back. Him being silent might be my fault. After that kiss, it was hard to talk to him. Everything just felt awkward around him.

Jimin getting back at me by being cold was just unfair. He started it!

"This is her room. I will take my leave. Please don't mess it up too much. The President and his wife wanted the room to remain the same as when she was alive. I hope you understand." With that, the man bows politely towards us and left the room.

This is Amanda's room. She was the second to die. This is where she died with being torn and her legs were missing. I traced the boxes that I gave her for her birthday with my fingers. I smiled when I thought how much she values and took care of everything that she had. She might be the most rich among us four but she was also the most humble girl I have ever met.

I looked through her stuffs quietly while Jimin put his bag and sat on a small sofa at the corner of her room. Several sighs was heard from his direction but I chose to ignore him. They said what you give, you get back.

Suddenly, I found something odd in between the books. The books in the bookshelf was arranged according to it's length and width but there was a big book located in between small books. 

It looked odd however you look at it. I looked around for any signs of the maids and took the book into my bag. The book looked more like a handmade scrapbook. This must be her diary. I might as well track what she had been doing right before she was killed.

Jimin looked interested to what I have been doing and walked to me. "The butler said to not mess thing up. Make sure that it remain the same. What are you doing? Taking her things would not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter