N.Y.E

new years eve

Jongin’s head throbs to the loud crackles and pops that can be heard from anywhere tonight. He came tonight for free alcohol and that pleasant feeling of waking up and not remembering anything, he just needs to be numb. The lights sparkle and mix with the tears in his eyes as he lets a grin stretch across his face. He doesn’t care how crazy he looks with a bottle of beer in one hand and crazy laughter spilling from his lips. Everything is so beautiful when it’s a blur like this, he craves it, especially tonight.
 

The crowd cheers along with the countdown, everyone happy and excited and squeezing up to their special someone’s as the time comes closer and closer. With the crowd buzzing happily, Jongin can’t help but join in, faking the happiness that he hasn’t felt in weeks. An elbow jams it’s way into his ribs and sends him stumbling through the slush that litters the New York streets, so much for his leather shoes.

 

Jongin waves it off with a swig from the bottle, tipping his head towards the sky as the ball drops down. The crowd cheers, music plays, confetti is fired. Everyone is kissing or dancing or hugging, and it hurts. Jongin hurts as his eyes fly across the couples whispering promises of another year. The tears in his eyes spill down his cheeks as he turns and sees himself in the shop window with Kyungsoo by his side, both with wide smiles and hands held, but when Jongin looks away, it’s only the beer bottle in his hand and the strangers surrounding him.


He downs the bottle.


allllrightyyyy

so this is just a short lil something i thought of while listening to N.Y.E by blackbear (great song btw)

ikikik ive been gone for a while and dont worry, I Appreciate You is still in the process of being written (im sorry its taking so long but just wait a lil longer) annnd Longing for the Impossible will be updated!! a lots been going on but im trying to get back into the process of updating regularly and stuff, school ends next week so then i should be ablt to update LFTI a lot and i should be able to finish IAY too so yay!

anywho.