Chapter 1: Rumours

Mental Love ( Chanbaek )

The rumour spread like wild fire in the hospital. As the younger nurses were immature, they told the rumours and sometimes they were untrue. It was like a white lie. In today's case, it was Sehun's and Luhan's turn to tell their story on the new patient that would be transferred into the hospital. Luhan ruffled his light pink hair, eyes sparkling with amusement. The latest news he's got on the new patient would make a raccus, but he was willing to be the one spreading it. 

" Sehun-ah! Guess what I found out about the new patient?" Sehun perked up at his question and shaked his head as a 'no'. " Well, his name is Park Chanyeol. I'm not sure what his issues are, but I've heard he has killed about 9 people this year. Supposedly he got angry and tortured them till they die." 

Sehun stared at him in disbelief; they hadn't got this much gossip since 2 months ago. The hospital became pretty boring without gossip for the younger ones, but they managed to get along with it. Luhan shook his head proudly as if to say ' I'm smart or what?'. 

" That is amazing! Did you get his profile?" 

" I pulled some strings. I waited for you to get here so we could take a look." They both smirked and chuckled to themselves.

Luhan revealed a yellow folder, a brand new one by the look's of it. Sehun wasted no time and ripped the first page open. It produced a rather nice picture of Chanyeol; red hair styled naturally, skin a darker colour than expected, a cut on the top of his nose covered by a band aid and a slit where his lip had been cut. Chanyeol was pretty handsome for someone who was considered insane. That's what they say, the villains are always the handsome ones. On the next page was a simple information sheet on his name and birthdate. It also consisted of the date he was admitted.

Name: Park Chanyeol.

Birthdate: 27th November 1992 ( age 24 )

Admitted into mental institution: 27th November, 3 years ago at age 21. 

Then there was another picture of him, younger that time. He had raven black hair in this one, so Luhan and and Sehun pressumed the first picture was taken recently. Luhan flipped over the next page, finding what Chanyeol's problems were.

Park Chanyeol ,at the age of 21, developed: personality disorder ( being overwhelmed by negative feelings such as anger and distress, Chanyeol specifically takes his anger out on other people and is found screaming at night because of the odd behaviour he has developed), insanity ( being a danger to others or themselves. Chanyeol is often found banging his head on the wall, but we have found out it isn't self-harming. He takes his anger out on himself and sometimes others) and emotional unstabability ( over reacting to situations with rapidly changing, intense, unpredictable emotions. Chanyeol is ver unpredictable, sometimes anger or happiness shows through him on different days.) 

After reading everything, Luhan and Sehun were pretty surpirsed. They'd never heard of anyone like him, let alone know anyone who's capable of such things. Both were glad they wouldn't be the ones looking after him since he sounded dangerous.

" That's... unbelievable." Luhan mumbled, Sehun shaking his head to agree. Luhan carried on even though the description shook them a little. " Apparently he's being paired with Byun. I can't imagine what he'd do to the little pup." 

Sehun hung his head, carrying on eating. For some reason that was unknown to them, they both seemed a little down after hearing Baekhyun was being paired with the ruthless Chanyeol. The little pup was always sweet, and it was a shame he didn't talk much anymore. Luhan and Sehun knew him as a talkative boy when he was first admitted here. But now he is a quiet as a mouse, never speaking to anyone properly. Why was Baekhyun admitted here?; Baekhyun has development disorder ( his learning skills take longer to develop. it usually means he can't speak like a proper adult or understand some things, but he shows affection through actions. If he loves someone, he will hug them, but if he hates someone, he may try to hurt them or anything bad like that) and immature personality disorder ( he acts childish all the time because of the absence of mature behaviour. Baekhyun usually talks through drawings and sometimes little sentences of writing. He stopped talking long sentences and can't have a conversation through words. He can use words such as ' I want to play' and other short sentences like that.) The poor thing is also lonely here in the hospital. None of the other patients like him because of the childish behaviour he has. It makes Baekhyun angry, so he does some horrible things. Not hurting anyone, but drawing meaningful pictures he'd shove into the nurses and other patients faces. After that, they'd become terrified of him and run away screaming. Baekhyun always thought it serves them right for treating other people differently.

When the bell rung for the end of lunch, that was when Chanyeol arrived. His hands had been locked behind his back as he tried to hurt the guards earlier. Chanyeol wanted to escape, but he didn't succeed. The guards dragged Chanyeol into the institution, passing through multiple security doors. Chanyeol had calmed down now, taking in the new home he would stay in. To him, it looked more high technology and that means no good chance of escaping. Chanyeol grinned widely as they approached the door Baekhyun was behind. Obviously, Chanyeol didn't know his cell mate but ignored that. For once, he'd like a friend. Chanyeol found it crazy that he even thought of that; he didn't need a friend. He always thought they were backstabbers and betrayed you when you need them the most. But, it was worth a shot. As the door opened, the guards hurled him inside, quickly shutting the door before Chanyeol could do anything that includes harm. Chanyeol turned around immediately, spotting the things around the room; a small wooden table with crayons all over it and the floor, an empty bed that was presumably his, a window with blackened out glass and another bed. And on it was Byun Baekhyun. He was curled into a ball, chin tucked into his trembling knees. Chanyeol could just make out that the pale boy had brown hair, soft but messy. The boys terrified eyes met Chanyeol, the two glancing at eachother for a while. Now that Chanyeol could see his face more, he found the boy cute. His eyes were something Chanyeol could already read and the pink lips he owned were pouting as if he was about to cry. For some odd reason, Chanyeol felt sad at seeing the boy sad. Instead of being cold and rude like normal, he gave the boy a soft smile and acted kindly.

" Hello. I'm Park Chanyeol, your new roomate. What's your name?" 

Baekhyun looked at him with uncertain eyes and slowly rose from his position. He grabbed a drawing pad from under his mattress with a black crayon. Baekhyun wrote something and held it up for Chanyeol to see. 

' BYUN BAEKHYUN ' is what it read. Chanyeol smiled brightly, nodding his head.

" What a beautiful name!" Chanyeol didn't ask why he couldn't speak and carried on with the converstaion carefully. " Can I sit?" 

Baekhyun nodded lightly, giving Chanyeol permission to sit beside him. Chanyeol did so and turned his body to face Baekhyun. Before he could carry on, Baekhyun shifted closer and lifted his hands. His fingers ran through Chanyeol's hair, then down to his jaw line. He poked them a little, making Chanyeol giggle at his childishness. But Baekhyun's hands didn't go any further, they went back up to the now messy red hair. Already, Baekhyun liked his hair and loved the fluffy feel to it. Chanyeol just watched Baekhyun, not even trying to pull away. If it was any other patient, he would have kicked them by now. With Baekhyun, he didn't even mind not one bit. A weird feeling rose in Chanyeol's stomach, making his heart beat faster. 

" You like my hair, huh?"

Baekhyun nodded and picked up his paper pad again. He started to draw something with red, but wouldn't let Chaneyol see till the end. Once he had finished, Baekhyun held the pad up once again to reveal his art work. It was a picture of Chanyeol's red hair, with a love heart underneath. Chanyeol laughed at his action and stared at Baekhyun. Suddenly, Baekhyun's eyes flashed with anger. Was it Chanyeol? Then he noticed Baekhyun was staring at the door with a fixed gaze. Chanyeol spun round to only see one of the guards listening in on their converstaion. Chanyeol felt angry to and before you knew it, he was banging at the door with rage. He hadn't liked eavesdroppers and hated it when they might go and spread the converstaion between whoever he was talking too. Chanyeol shrieked and slammed his fists on the window of the metal door. He hit it until he felt blood all over his palms and knuckles. When he breathed heavily and stared at the fresh marks, Baekhyun scrambled over to him. Baekhyun touched Chanyeol's arm in order to try and calm him down but he got hit straight across the face with a fist. Chanyeol's fist. Chanyeol regretted what he'd done seconds later and ran over to the now crying Baekhyun. His face was stained with tears, a cut on his lip oozing with blood. He buried his face in his knees to try and ignore Chanyeol's sorry face. 

" I'm so so sorry Baekhyun! I got to angry and it just happene. I honestly did it by accident."

Baekhyun scribbled on the pad and threw it at Chanyeol. ' LAIR ' was messily written over the whole page and it showed anger through it. 

" I really didn't mean it Baek! It was my fault and it's okay if you hate me. But just know I didn't do it on purpose." 

Chanyeol scooted into the corner of the room, feeling sad Baekhyun hadn't believed him. ' What is so special about him that I care if he doesn't like me anymore or not? Baekhyun is just a normal patient and I shouldn't care. But I do...'  Chanyeol had a battle inside his head and didn't even notice Baekhyun sat next to him with glassy eyes. Not eyes of pain from being hit, but eyes of sadness because he hadn't believed Chanyeol the first time. Then he did something that surprised both males, Baekhyun hugged Chanyeol. Chanyeol didn't hold back and hugged him too. They both didn't know what was so special about each other, but they felt safe in one anothers company. For once, Chanyeol liked someone. And for once, Baekhyun had felt somthing he hadn't felt for years; love. It just triggered inside of him when he heard Chanyeol's angelic voice and sweet but dangerous actions. Baekhyun had fallen heads over heels in under an hour. And Chanyeol did too.

" Baek. Don't cry anymore, it was my fault." Baekhyun lifted his head to see Chanyeol wearing a happy smile. 

" Okay." 

Since Chanyol hadn't heard him speak and thought that he couldn't, it was a shock to him when Baekhyun spoke.  His voice was high and sweet, making Chanyeol like it. Chanyeol wasn't one to care for anyone, but learned today that he could get obsessions quickly; He developed an obsession over him as they spent the whole of their day together. Baekhyun would only say a few words at a time, but Chanyeol didn't seem to mind at all. The only thing worrying Chanyeol was his temper. He didn't want to take anything out on the little pup like he did earlier that day, Since he could easlily get angered and all of his illnesses were based on anger, Chanyeol worried for Baekhyun. 'No one deserves me' Chanyeol thought, ' I hurt people physically and I don't want that to happen to Baek.' The stupid thing was, Chanyeol didn't want to distance himself from Baekhyun even though he had to if Baekhyun were to be okay. He decided on seing what the future would bring for him. 

Baekhyun on the other hand, had already decided what he'd like to do. He found someone worth living for so he grasped that opputunity. Baekhyun wanted to stay by Chanyeol's side even if it meant getting heart broken. There was a chance he could change Chanyeol's anger into something else. But there was also a chance that wouldn't happen. He knew little about Chaneyol's illnesses and didn't want to hurt him by asking. Things could go wrong and he could get hurt physically. But, Baekhyun could tell Chanyeol had always been rejected; he could see it in his eyes. Chanyeol needed someone to cure the hateful nights he lived. And Baekhyun may be able to do that... Time can cure people, even if it means getting hurt physically and mentally along the way.

" Let's go to bed, Baek." 

Baekhyun shook his head vigorously as Chanyeol started to stand. 

" What's up, pup?" 

" Stay with me." 

Chanyeol sighed, but climbed back onto the bed. Throughout the whole day, they had gotten closer than ever. For a day, it was very quick to trust someone so much. But they both knew that they could depend on each other. Baekhyun snuggled into the crook of Chanyeol's neck, closing his eyes. Chanyeol was glad he hadn't banged his head against the wall tonight, it saves him a lot of brain injuries. Tonight, he had no anger to let out; and it was all thanks to Baekhyun. 'Who knew someone could take away any negative feeling in just one day?' Chanyeol acknowledged Baekhyun was sleeping peacefully. A real smile pulled at Chaneyol's lips. He was finally getting somewhere near getting better, he just knew it...