Coffee house

I hate you

"Love is a subjective emotion that we created
To express our strong feelings-"

"No, how about," He held down the backspace and wrote:

"It's the emotion that send dopamine rushing  through
Our body, beautiful it is but-"

Better.

It was a early Friday, his clock read 7:34 a.m. The average
college student would be sleep at this time; his roommate was snuggled
up in his cover with a content smile on his face. But here Taejun was,
typing endlessly away at his computer, cussing every once in a awhile
mostly to do his psychology paper.

Pulling all nighters, wasn't something new to him. He had the mind set
of completing his work before the weekend arrived were he could sleep
his frustration away. This week had been hell on earth for him, every night
he would come to his dorm asking "God and the heavens why?" His roommate
Jonghong would jokingly comment, "Maybe god trying to better his mood
with your misfortune?"

But nonetheless he continued on, typing away until his body couldn't take the pain anymore and when that happens the only decision left is the coffee cup. After long hours of studying or typing, Taejun enjoyed going to his local cafe drinking Cappuccino in his white tee and black skinny jeans

He set aside his laptop, jumping out off the bed. He landed successfully on his face and little did Tae-junnie know that was the effect of staying criss-cross for hours on end. he grunted for a bit before moving his head up slightly. The tall idiot, who he called his roommate and friend, was sleeping peacefully like nothing happened

"Tsk, you big lazy ," muttered Taejun

He mumbled, and whined around the room trying to find some clean clothes in this bird nest they call home. A few shirts and pants were scattered around his bed, and Taejun sniffed around until he found a decent smelling shirt and later came to find black dress pants. He decided to finish the look off with his black and white Nike shoes and black sunglasses. He was set.

The campus was quiet, there only few students out and one of them was Taejun slicking his hair back, and quickly placing his light blue Bennie on as a pop of color. The cafe was a walking distance away, there would be a overfill of college students studying, talking, or making a quick stop, (which was usually Taejun).

Unlike the bustling cafe, it was quiet, with mostly elder and business men. As the door rung as Taejun entered the building, goosebumps raised on his skin, causing him to shiver to the cold air, and walking in slow. He took his time. Night was catching up with him because the tiredness was prevalent. In his movement, the boy barely picked up his own feet. He could hear the older woman gossiping, about him probably, commenting on his appearance. If there one thing you can't escape from, it's judgement

As soon the boy sat, the waiter came rushing to him. The waiter basicaly screamed newbie; hands shaking, and a slight sheen of sweat on his forehead. Good thing he was cute. "May I take your order?" His voice came out soft and there was a slight tremble.

"A cappuccino and a blueberry muffin please," Taejun ordered woth ease. He could name off the menu like the back of his hand. Hell, he could work here if not for his uncle forcing to work under him. He smiled at the waiter, feeing he could need that.

"Yes sir!" he gave a small smile and practically ran towards the back. Lifting up his shades, Taejun saw the owner's son..chanyeol? Giving a pep/scolding to the waiter and to be honest, quite the sight. Pushing the shades back up, he lean his head and cross his arms and was in cloud 9 or that was what he thought.

The fidgety waiter, know as Sehun, placed his drink and muffin down, luckily without spilling it on him. Sehun bowed slightly and ran away once again . Taejun brought the cup to his lip, smelling the perfect creation and took a gulp of his drink. Taejun savored the taste even as far swishing the drink left to right in his mouth before finishing it off.

Life was sweet. Taaking a bite of the muffin he closed his eyes enjoying the small happiness setting in his stomach. Ding, the door wa oppened and a rush of cool air came in with the new customers. He could hear the clack of heels, and the room was filled with a flowery, acetic smell.

To say Taejun was curious would be a understatement, but decided to mind his own business. He reached for his cup, and took a sip
'Hm, I wonder who entered,' taejun thought.

"Baekhyunie, I can get the latte", a soft, high pitch voice echoed.

The once perfect cappuccino, that was going down his throat quickly, and took the wrong turn. Taejun felt the liquid enter the wrong tube, causing a cough fest. The gossiping women looked at him, with bewildered eyes and went back to talking even louder now. One even commented (savage) under their breath, but even the slander couldn't waver his attention.

There stood two people, male and female. They were both equally dressed quite inappropriate for this time in the morning. 

He had vibrant red hair, that had waves some pieces even curled, his hair was perfectly parted to the left.

Taejun lowered his head,taking note of the boy's clothes:

A silk button up shirt, that was colored a dark, royal color which was complemented by white vertical white lines. To finish it off, some black leather skinny jeans

His eyes wondered from the boy, to the girl: a simple red dress, that hugged her curves and black high heels. Her curled chestnut-brown hair stopped at her lower back.

 Everybody could feel the air thicken, the once light atmosphere was replaced but the two at the front didn't notice, nor really care.
They continued on with their love fest, kissing, whispering into eachother's ear. Their arms were latched around the other, his arm was wrap around her waist and hers around his arm. It was like scene from kdrama: he hated it.

It was Byun Baekhyun.

The hatred he had for him, burned like a candle and it rested deep inside of him. This new found hate, wasn't something Taejun harvested at first, no! Before Byun Baekhyun was just another classmate of his, just a random person that would rarely appear in his life.
But it wasn't until high school, where it all started. Baekhyun, just like in college, was liked and hated mostly do to his attitude. Plus he slept with a lot of people. Taejun didn't think to much about him, until he had landed himself a girlfriend.

Her name was Bae SooYoung, she quite, no, very pretty and Taejun won her heart. Their relationship was going good, nothing scream red flags. She acted just the same in Taejun eyes. She seems fine.

One night in august, a party was hosted before the start of school. They both went, both danced and drank. They were together until Taejun stepped aside to get some more drinks, and when he came back, she was gone.

He continued on having fun. Taejun partied but quickly became worried when his girlfriend didn't return. Taejun began his hunt, quickly walking up stairs knowing she was bound to be up there since she wasn't down stairs. He walked around closing and opening the different doors.

The hunt was coming to a end, it seemed hopeless by then. Taejun had only ed, and nearly got into a fight with different people he had a defeated look he decided to end it and to look for a seat

When taejun open the last door, located around the corner what he expected send shock waves through his enter body. Opening the door, the two stopped what they were doing, and looked up when Taejun meet eyes with his long time girlfriend. On top of Baekhyun.

Taejun was crushed.

Pain surged through his body, he could feel his heart broken into thousands of pieces. He was numb and  all he could do was stand their and look at his girlfriend riding a stranger. "Shut the ing door," his eyes shift onto Baekhyun, glaring at him.

And that was what he did. Taejun slowly and softly closed the door leaving the two back to their activities. The music was a blur, and everything felt out of place as he walked through the hot, sweating body, and like a robot he was emotionally shutting down.

When he got home, he walk and went straight towards the shower turing the heat on high. There in the showers, he cried his eyes out letting every single emotion escape. It was hard time for him to move on.

 

Seeing sooyoung ,and Baekhyun out in public made even more difficult. Whenever they made eye contact, she gave him the cold shoulder. It was painful, no matter how hard he tried to move on.

 

He thought when he get over this, that he can move on to better relationships but this continues on. Taejun found one, making out in the closet, having in a car, and so on. He even had one tell him that she dumping him for Baekhyun

By then, he was done with relationships. Taejun now rarely dated some, believed he couldn't get a date, or he drove possible realationships away.

Oh how he wished despritaly, to whoop Baekhyun's , but he didn't want to figh,t especially since he got accepted into this college with a scholarship. So he did what best, he ignored Baekhyun the majority of the time, It worked, but it's those minor moments that push him to the edge.

And to see once again his ex and Baekhyun together once more drove that anger to burn even brighter.

He was stiff as a board, but he was a ticking time bomb inside. The scene in front of him was getting to him. Taejun grabbed his drink and coffee, leaving the shop in a hurry.

The walk back to campus was filled with him ranting and raving to himself. To the outside world, Taejun behaved rather strangely. His whole day was ruined, in the matter of seconds it went from heaven, to hell.

 



Taejun reached into his pocket, grabbing his key and swiftly unlocked the door. He walks in and than slammed the door shut.  Out the corner of his eye, he saw Jonghong jump with fright.

"Ah calm down!" He mumbled under his breath. "Tsk, it's ing 7:00 a.m, and your coming home slamming doors", irritation clearly laced his voice.

Innoring his roomate, he placed his coffee down and plopped on his bed face first. He let a deep sigh escape his throat as he wallowed in self pity. After the seventh sigh, Jonghong huffed he threw his covers off.
He walked over to Taejun's bed, and laid on top of him. The two spent another minute like this.

"What'swrong Taejun", Jonghong muttered into his friend's back. His voice was low, but filled with some concern.

"Nothing," Taejun grunted.

"Fine, we be like this until you tell me."

Taejun and Jonghong came from two different worlds, neither one of them heard about each other until they became roommates. Of course the two didn't bond, they didn't really talk to each other, nor did they hang out.

But one lucky night bonded them, Jonghong is a music major, while he wasn't the best the teacher would give him praise for his music. He even collaborated with V-Hawk, someone from the underground.

Zelo was his underground name. Music came natural to him, so to hear him getting writers block was unusual. He spend nights, and nights on a project. Taejun watched him in the background, he was curious but not enough to give him a helping hand. In his eyes, he was more than capable of writing his lyrics.

Last night, Zelo threw his notebook. He was frustrated and angry that the lyrics weren't coming through lto him like they normally would. When he plopped on his bed, the room was quiet until Taejun walked over to his bed.

They sat there in silence, after about a hour, Jonghong spilled his troubles about his music, and eventually his life. It went from a quiet night,  to filled with disparity, then to a field day about each other.

Ever since then, their relationship has deepened, but are they best friends? No. But thay're closer than before.

"So.. are you ready?"

"Well, its about Tiffany," Taejun's voice lowered.

"And baekhyun?" Jonghong finished.

"Yes," He said, bluntly

"Don't worry about them, at the end of the day the cheaters deserve each other."

"Yea..but-"

"But?"

"Is it bad, I miss her"

"Nope," Jonghond smiled. "Not one tiny bit."