Story Game : Loving you is a bittersweet emotion..

Story Game : Loving you is a bittersweet emotion..

I'm back with a new story game .. Yay!! 🎉🎉🎉

It was fun especially when I tried to insert **SHINee** song titles in it...... 😁😁

So, basically, I hope you had fun reading my story and do comment below on the song titles that u saw.. JUST THE NUMBER ONLY.. No song titles, please... And I will tell u if u are right.. No peeking at others though 😜

 

A hint : The songs are in the double digits... If u can find more than 15, I'm happy for you as you definitely know quite a number of their songs.. Be warned, some are tricky to spot.. 😝😝 while some are easily given.. 😅😅

Another hint : Both Korean and Japanese song titles are used....

 

And.... Happy 9th Anniversary, SHINee.. Hehehe... Just wanna say it again ....

 

                                                          ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

 

Minho looked into the mirror, eyes roaming in search of his favourite hyung. Eyebrows began to furrow when he saw something which he did not like. It was hard for him to maintain his cool when he saw how love sick Jinki hyung looked whenever he secretly glanced at Jonghyun hyung. Minho knew of the secret romance between the two. A secret he wished that he could reverse. After all, ignorance is bliss...

 

 

"Minho hyung, are you okay?" Taemin asked as he wiped the sweat away from his face. "You seemed distraught regarding something? Care to share your problem? One, it will lessen the frown on your eyebrows and two, at least you know you can trust me with your secret..."

 

 

Turning his head away from the hurtful sight, Minho looked at the maknae of their close-knit group and smiled. Taemin had grown up and was getting to be more mature. Although his cuteness can be quite irresistible, lately he had been showing his manly side too. A side that had gained much attention these days. Minho would have fallen for him if not for the reason that he had already loved Jinki hyung first.

 

 

"Awww, thanks, Minnie..." Minho replied as he ruffled Taemin's wet locks. "It's okay.. It's nothing serious actually.. Just me and my anxiety over the new drama that I will be acting in. The filming will start in a few days so I'm worried whether I can do a good job."

 

 

Taemin tsked as he moved away. "Hyuuuunng, you know I hate it when you ruffled my hair like that..."

 

 

"Oops, Mianhe... Hyung promised not to do that anymore, okay??" Widening his smile, Minho tried some aegyo to soothe Taemin's anger and celebrated silently when he saw a small smile trying to break out from Taemin's lips. "Ish... How was it that I cannot stay angry with you, hyung?" Taemin pouted while he crossed his arms, unsuccessful in trying to stay angry. 

 

 

"Hehe.. Because you can't resist my smile and you know that I will buy that chocolate bar that you liked so much when we finished our practice??" Minho reasoned before they were called back to practice their dance routines again. All thoughts of Jinki hyung and Jonghyun hyung disappeared, replaced by the new complicated dance moves...

 

 

A few weeks later.... 

 

 

"Slam....!!"

 

 

A couple of raised voices that preceded the slamming of the door woke Minho up from his deep sleep. Concerned, he decided to get out of bed to investigate the matter. Taking a tentative step towards the living room, he was shocked to see Jinki hyung crying on the sofa. Alarmed, he quickly walked towards his hyung.

 

 

"Hyung....?? What happened? Why are you crying?" Minho enquired with a heavy heart. Seeing his favourite hyung cry like that made Minho want to scoop him up into his arms to protect him from the world. However, he restrained himself as he knew it was not the appropriate time for that.

 

 

Quickly wiping away his tears, Jinki tried to smile. "Crying..?? N.. No.. I'm not crying.. Ju.. Just that I accidentally touched my eyes with my hands. A... Apparently, there's a bit of hot pepper still stuck on them, causing my eyes to tear up."

 

 

"Hyung... Please don't lie.. I can hear bits of what happened in my room.. Please, hyung.. Talk to me.. Tell me what to do to make things better for you." Minho begged as he grabbed Jinki's hands while his eyes showed nothing but honesty. "Hyung... You don't have to lie.. Not with me."

 

 

"Talk to you..??" Jinki shook his head. "It's really nothing serious at all, Minho." Giving Minho a radiant smile, Jinki tried to avoid the topic by switching to a different one. "Anyway, why are you still up? Don't you have your filming later in the morning? Wouldn't it bad for you if you were to be late and have everybody waiting for you in order to start filming the scenes?"

 

 

"Hyung, don't dodge the topic.. You are lying and I know that when you lie, your ears twitched. Besides, the filming is postponed till the day after tomorrow as Jieun Noona is sick. Come on, hyung... Don't shut me out.. You know that you can count on me."

 

 

Seeing the determination in Minho's fiery eyes, Jinki's barrier cracked bit by bit. The hurt and despair he felt when Jonghyun declared that their love had run its course finally tipped over, causing rivers of tears streaming down his cheeks. Hesitantly, Minho whispered "H... Hyung... Can I.. I hold you?"

 

 

Without waiting for an answer, Minho gathered Jinki into his arms, his back. Hoping that Jinki would gain strength from his silent support.

 

 

"I.. I don't even know where to start..?? I.. Jonghyun and I have been k... keeping a secret from the rest of you.. We.. We were lovers." Minho flinched, unable to resist his automatic reaction. Even though he knew about it but to hear those words from his secret crush, it caused his heart to shatter into a million pieces. Jinki felt that flinch and immediately apologized, afraid that his favourite dongsaeng felt betrayed that he was not informed of the secret. "M.. Minho.. I'm so sorry.. We.. We didn't mean to hide it from all of you. It... It just happened that way. Ever since we sang 'Please Don't Go' as part of our duet, there had been a spark between us. Things kind of developed from there and stuff happened. You know that we really didn't mean to hide it, right?"

 

 

Forcing himself to nod, Minho felt relieved that Jinki continued with his monologue and not noticed his tight lips. An indication of his restraint. "Both of us decided it was best not to reveal it as we wanted to make sure SHINee prospered first, to give it that stability and not let our minds be clouded by love." Jinki looked up, tears in his eyes and grasped Minho's white T-shirt. 

 

 

"But now.. Now Jonghyun claimed that he can't do it anymore. According to him, it was becoming too difficult to keep the love going on especially with our busy schedules. We hardly even meet up other than to go for practices. Him with all that album and concert preparations and song writings while I have all those vocal trainings. It used to be easier when all of us stayed together. At least, back then, we just need to close the door to get some privacy. Now, Jonghyun said he just wants us to remain as friends. For the sake of SHINee and Shawols. Minho.. I loved him.. What should I do next?"

 

 

"Hyung... I... I really don't know what to say in this situation but.... Hyung, always remember that you are not alone. I'll stand by you regardless of what happened between Jonghyun hyung and you. To.. To be honest, I.. I already knew about it. I.. um, I accidentally walked on both of you about two and a half years ago. It was during SM's Halloween party..." 

 

 

Jinki gasped before he blushed, remembering that wild period. Both of them were going on strong, causing many sleepless nights and lots of trips to the convenience store. "A.. And you hide it for so long.. Um, why did you, Minho..?" Jinki's puzzled look as he tilted his head made Minho questioned himself internally. Should he just confess his love for the clumsy yet adorable leader or should he hold it in and suffer seeing Jinki hyung pined for Jonghyun hyung? The wounds were still too fresh and Minho did not want to be the bad guy who takes advantage of Jinki hyung's vulnerability. However, the sadness in his eyes made Minho finally decide on his next course of action.

 

 

"Hyung.. I know that you just had a bad break up and I'm sure it's hurting you deep inside.. but... but... I.. I have a confession to make." Minho let go of Jinki and stood up, fingers haphazardly running across his hair. A sign of his uncertainty. 

 

 

"Hy.. Hyung.. I swear I didn't want to say it like this but to see you suffer would make me suffer too. Jinki hyung, you are the most beautiful person I ever met. Your smile is the type that can light up any room. I've always love your 'Onew condition' and find it to be very cute and adorable. You are a wonderful leader as well as a great friend, hyung. You always took care of me whenever u can. I truly appreciated all your concerns too. That's why when I first found out, it hurts, hyung..."

 

 

"Hurts?"

 

 

Minho snickered. "Yeah.. Hurts, hyung.. I have been in love with you for so long that when I found out about your relationship with Jonghyun hyung, it shattered my heart into a million pieces..."

 

 

"Oh my god... Minho.. I.. I didn't know.. I'm so..."

 

 

Putting up his hand to stop Jinki's apology, Minho knew that things will change from now onwards, whether he's ready or not. Since he already started to confess, the best he could do for now is to continue and that he will have the strength to forget his love and move on if anything goes wrong. "Hyung.. I do love you and would like to take care of you as though you are the most precious jewel in this whole wide world but I also understand that you love Jonghyun hyung. All that I hope now for is for you to continue being the Jinki hyung that I know. The fearless leader that we respect and not.. not this crybaby.. I.. I.. I'm sorry to hear what happened between you two but I.. I hope you can move on since it came to this. Never sell yourself short, hyung.. Even if it's not me, you can find someone better.. I.. I don't think I will be of any more help here so I'm just going to say goodnight.." With that, Minho quickly left and went back into his room. Hand placed over his racing heart as he leaned against the closed door, tears running down his cheeks. Grieving for his unrequited love...

 

 

Needless to say, things became slightly awkward among those involved. Minho avoided as much contact as he could. His filming schedule became a blessing in disguise as he was out of the dorm most of the time. In the meantime, after lots of soul-searching moments and self-reflections, Jinki finally settled his heart and even managed to talk things through calmly with Jonghyun over a cup of coffee several weeks later. Both finally able to put things behind them and move on.

 

 

"And that's a wrap." Bowing to the director and the film crew as well as his senior actors and actresses, Minho left the scene after saying his thanks. Upon reaching the car, he was shocked to see a message from Jinki hyung. Ever since that day, he had kept all forms of contact to a minimum, in fear of Jinki's rejection. Puzzled, he opened the message.. 

 

 

'Minho-ya.. I know today is the last day of your filming. Can.. Can we have dinner together to celebrate? Please...'

 

 

The moment Minho read that, his heart skipped a beat. He knew that he should not be reading too much into this but his heart would not listen to his brain. These past few weeks had been like a long nightmare which he had no escape from. It was surprising that he could actually function and not fall into despair with all the chaos running inside his head.

 

 

When he reached the dorm, Jinki was busy in the middle of preparing the dinner and had not noticed Minho's presence, allowing Minho to entertain his wishful thinking of a domestic relationship between the two of them. His grin became wider the moment he heard Jinki's heavenly voice singing their latest song, 'Mr Right Guy'.

 

 

"Um, hyung.. That part was wrong. It should be deeper and huskier."

 

 

"Oh God, Minho.. You startled me. Don't do that." Jinki exclaimed as he turned around, hands clutching the plate of fried chicken.

 

 

Suddenly turning serious, Minho asked. "Hyung... What's this? Why the sudden gesture?" 

 

 

Setting aside the plate, Jinki knew that he would have to say his piece too before they can move on. "Take a seat, Minho-ya.. I was hoping for this to be later but since you asked.. Um, um, that day, I was in shock over the break up and confession that I was not able to react to anything. I'm so sorry if I had hurt you in any way... All this time away made realize that just how special you are to me, Minho.. I really do feel your absence whenever you are not around but I never stop to notice why. You were always there whenever I need someone to talk to. You gave me encouragement when I was feeling down and you never judged me or questioned my decisions as the leader. I guess I took all those for granted and never bothered to see whether it burdened you instead. I'm truly sorry for all the hurt that I causing unknowingly.."

 

 

Seeing that Minho was about to interrupt, Jinki continued on quickly, fearing that he would lose his confidence to speak if Minho said anything at all. "I.. I.. don't know what the future will be like... Be it with SHINee or between us, however, I do know that I do not want to lose you. I know I'm being selfish but.. Minho, please don't let me go.. Hold onto me even though I am not ready yet. The wounds are healing but I.. I don't think I can be in a relationship yet.. Although Jonghyun and I have talked things out, it's still too raw for me to be in another relationship.. b.. but at the same time, I need you.. I need you to be my pillar of strength.. I.. I don't think I can do this without you, Minho-ya."

 

 

Trying to hold back his tears, Jinki bowed down, ashamed of his selfish needs. His heart breaking as the minutes ticked in silence. Jinki gasped when he felt Minho's hand lifted his chin in order to look into his eyes. "Hyung.. Don't cry.. You know my heart breaks when you cry, right?? You can be on the opposite side of the world and I will still run to you. You can even make me jump over fire to get to you. You can even make me bounce a thousand times and I will gladly do it just because you asked me to. I.. I love you, hyung and I'm willing to wait for your heart to heal, to wait patiently just as long as you are beside me. I'm more than happy if that were to happen. Never force yourself to love me just because I love you, hyung. I want you to love me when you are ready.."

 

 

Giving Minho a small smile, Jinki whispered. "I do.. I do like you alot, Minho.."

 

 

"And that, hyung, is enough for now.."

 

 

Minho gathered Jinki into his arms as Jinki's smile grew wider, basking in the warmth of the hug. His heart cracks slowly being fused back into place. From strangers, they had become close friends and maybe one day, that could change into lovers instead..??!! Maybe.. With a sigh, Jinki agreed.. Yeah, it's a huge possibility as he snuggled deeper and inhaled Minho's comforting scent..

 

 

                                                                                                                   ❤️THE END❤️

 

Hope you enjoyed this long story.. Sorry if it's boring and is lacking.. 

 

(I truly apologized.. Bows down)

 

This is fiction .. I'm sorry for the broken Jongyu.. Shippers, please don't hate me 😳

 

Otherwise, thanks for reading.. 

 

                                                                                                               ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️