O N E

falling into you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I.

 

“Ah! Hold on! Don’t close it, mister!” A boy screams out as he runs towards the gate, his hair already a mess. The security flings the two wings of the gate open and lets the boy in. The boy bows to the security and smiles as he says his thanks politely. He runs again but then he stops.

 

Ah, right, I don’t know where the hall is. Jihoon hits his head at his own stupidity. Park Jihoon, you moron.

 

He looks around, hoping there will be someone who can he ask for help, but there’s no one except him there. He continues to walk, trying to find a way to the hall even though he knows it's useless, and then he hears a voice coming from behind the practice room’s door. He peeks through the window of the door and finds a guy singing soulfully and of course, beautifully. Jihoon gasps when suddenly the guy turns around and discovers him peeking.

 

The door opens and the guy sticks his head out. “What the hell are you doing here?”

 

Jihoon steps backward while he bows repeatedly, chanting ‘sorry’ again and again. But then, the guy chuckles. “I asked, ‘what are you doing’. Why do you keep saying sorry, God.” He checks out Jihoon’s uniform. “New student?”

 

Jihoon nods. “Y-yes.”

 

“Why are you still here? Don’t you have acceptance ceremony today?” He asks. Jihoon is fidgeting in his place. “T-the thing is, I-I got lost,” He stutters to answer.

 

The guy laughs loudly. “Why do you look so afraid? Calm down.” He pats Jihoon’s back gently. “Let me help you. Come on.” He walks leaving Jihoon in confusion. He turns around and chuckles again. “What are you doing? Let’s go, I’ll show you where the hall is.”

 

“A-ah, y-yes.” Jihoon runs until he reaches the guy. “T-thank you, sunbae.” He knows the guy is his senior from his uniform. There’s a slight difference in the uniform for new students, second-year students, and third-year students.

 

“Ah, anyway, I’m Jeongguk, Jeon Jeongguk.” The guy, who Jihoon now knows his name, stretches out his hand. The younger reaches Jeongguk’s hand as he bows towards him. “Jihoon, Park Jihoon.”

 

Jeongguk smiles. “You’re cute,” He says suddenly.

 

“Pardon?”

 

“Ah, we’ve arrived!” Jeongguk quickly, intentionally or not, changes the topic. “Here it is, the hall. I think the ceremony already started. Should I go with you and tell them you got lost?”

 

Jihoon shakes his head. “I-it’s okay, sunbae. Thank you.” Jihoon keeps bowing to Jeongguk as he walks backward until— TUK! He bumps his head with the hard-wooden-door. “Ouch!” He winces.

 

Jeongguk bursts out laughing. “Be careful, kiddo.” Jihoon bows again before he finally disappears behind the hall’s door. Jeongguk can’t help but let out a giggle after that.

 

Such a cutie, Jeongguk smiles.

 

***

 

Jihoon sighs as he strolls outside. The-super-boring ceremony finally ends and he can escape from the crowd. Jihoon reaches out for his cell phone in his pocket, dialing a number as he heads to the library. He just wants to be alone right now.

 

“Hello?” A male's voice answers on the other line. Jihoon lets out a long sigh which the other boy hears. “Are you okay?”

 

“Haknyeon-ah, I really messed up today,” Jihoon confesses, followed by another sigh.

 

Haknyeon laughs. “What happened?”

 

“I was late today and I got lost.” Haknyeon’s laugh gets louder. “Don’t laugh. It’s all because of you.”

 

“Why? Why me?”

 

“You don’t wanna be in the same school with me. So I had to do it alone,” Jihoon complains. He really won’t be this clumsy if Haknyeon was with him. If only he didn’t change his high school all of sudden, they would be together right now and this won’t happen to Jihoon.

 

“Hey, it’s not that I don’t wanna be in the same school with you. It’s just my skills aren't as good as yours to pass the entrance test,” Haknyeon reasons in the middle of his laugh. “You’ll be fine. You said there’s a sunbae who helped you?”

 

Jihoon sighs again. “Yes, he’s really nice but it’s embarrassing to get lost at this age,” He sulks, making the other person laugh again, this time louder than before. 

 

“How can you be this clumsy, idiot.” Haknyeon teases the other. “It’s fine. You’ll be fine. And... oh, should I visit you later?” he suggests.

 

A smile, a big smile, appears on Jihoon’s face. “Yes, yes, yes,"

 

"Ok, then,"

 

"Eh? Really? You will visit me?" Jihoon asks again.

 

"Mhm,” Haknyeon replies. “You should be thankful. I’m a busy person, you know.”

 

"You really the best, Joo Haknyeon," Jihoon can't hide his excitement. “Ah, I’ll be assigned to my room tomorrow. So you’ll visit me tomorrow or the day after, right?” Jihoon asks excitedly. He really misses his best friend. It’s been a month the last time they met up. Well, before they always met almost every day.

 

“Fine, I’ll visit you tomorrow or the day after.” He promises. “Or should we go out and play outside? You can go out before 7 p.m. right?”

 

“Deal! Let’s meet outside!” Jihoon agrees.

 

“Okay, I’ll call you again later. I have to go now.”

 

“Hmm,” Jihoon ends their conversation with a smile glued on his face. Talking with Haknyeon always makes him feel much better.

 

Yeah, much much better.

 

***

 

Jihoon really thinks he won’t get lost again, not for the second time. At least, he thinks that won’t happen to him again. He’s pretty confident when he says he doesn’t need Haknyeon to help him find his new room. Because what is difficult in searching a room? He already had the room number and the dorm’s name. But, again, it’s Park Jihoon — a boy who always get lost even when he just want to go home.

 

Jihoon lets out a long sigh. Ah, did I get lost again?

 

Jihoon explores the environment, attempting to find his way to his new room but he doesn’t have an idea where his room is. Honestly, the dormitory is not that big; it’s just he has no sense of direction. Jihoon keeps walking, hoping someone will appear and help him. A senior comes pass by but Jihoon stays still and can’t ask the direction to him. He’s too shy to ask something to a stranger.

 

Jihoon sighs again when suddenly a hand ruffles his hair. Jihoon gasps in surprise and then turns around spontaneously. A guy — familiar guy smiles at him. It’s Jeongguk who’s helped him before. “What are you doing here, lost boy?” He asks.

 

Jihoon steps back. “A-ah, it’s nothing, sunbae.”

 

Jeongguk lifts one of his eyebrows. “Don’t tell me you got lost again?” The younger doesn’t answer and looks down, avoiding Jeongguk’s eyes. “I’m right, you got lost again. This time, where’d you go?”

 

Jihoon bites his lips nervously before answers the elder. “M-my room,”

 

“Ah, right. Which room did you get? I’ll help you.” Jeongguk snatches the paper in Jihoon’s hand and then he giggles making the younger furrow his eyebrows. “Room 307?” 

 

Jihoon nods. “Is there something wrong, sunbae?” He asks carefully.

 

That’s my room, boy. Jeongguk answers even though he doesn’t speak it out loud. Suddenly, Jeongguk gets an idea. He smiles mischievously. I should scare him a little. “No, nothing. I just remember something about this room.” Jeongguk moves his face closer to the younger’s ear, whispering something. “They said the owner of this room is scary and he can see ghosts. I think this room is kinda haunted.”

 

Jihoon freezes in his place as soon as he hears what Jeongguk said. His eyes widen.

 

He’s really cute. Jeongguk tries to hold back his laugh. “Come on, I’ll take you to your room.” He puts his arms around the younger who is still frozen in shock. “Are you scared?” Jeongguk asks on their way to their room. Jihoon shakes his head quickly but his face says differently. It doesn't take a long time for them to arrive in front of the door with ‘307’ written on it. “Here ya go. Should I go with you if you're scared?”

 

Jihoon finally gets back to his senses. He shakes his head, after that bows. “It’s okay, sunbae. Thank you for helping me again.” He turns the doorknob and opens the door. Jihoon gulps down nervously as he walks into the room.

 

What if the owner of this room is indeed scary? Is this room really haunted?

 

He’s too focused on his own thoughts and doesn’t realize that Jeongguk walks in after him. Without noticing the one’s behind him, he turns around and gets startled. “Ah!” He screams, makes the elder laugh in delight.

 

“Why are you so surprised like that?” Jeongguk inquires. “Sunbae, you don’t need to come with me. I’m fine.” The younger says.

 

“What are you saying? I don’t come in for you.” Jeongguk keeps laughing. “It’s my room, kid.”

 

“What? But you sai—”

 

Jeongguk continues to laugh as he ruffles the younger hair. “I’m just joking.” Jihoon lets out a relief sigh. “Anyway, let me introduce myself again. I’m Jeon Jeongguk, third-year student, Vocal major. You can call me Jeongguk or hyung or anything as long it’s not sunbae.” Jeongguk stretches out his hand, waiting for the younger to reach it.

 

Jihoon held it firmly. “I’m Park Jihoon, first-year student from Dance major. Nice to meet you, J-Jeongguk hyung.” He introduces himself carefully.

 

“Okay, now let me show you your bed. You’ll use the upper bed and the desk over there.” Jeongguk explains as he points out the desk at the corner. “You can use the bathroom but use your own toiletries.” He continues. Jihoon nods, nods and nods as he listens the elder explaining everything. “That's it. Any question?”

 

The younger shakes his head. Jeongguk smiles. “Then I’ll leave. I’m not gonna sleep here tonight so you can take your time to unpack your things today.” Jeongguk takes his jacket and his snapback before waving his hand and leaving the room.

 

Jihoon falls back into the chair near him. He takes out his phone and sends a short message to Haknyeon, in case he’s worried.

To: pignyeong

I’ve arrived, safely~

Jihoon sighs after he looks at his belongings. Too many. He brings too many things here. It’s all because of his mom who is far too worried for her own good. Well, he can’t blame his mom. He’s the youngest in their house after all.

 

Jihoon sighs again. Now, let’s start unpacking all of these.

 

***

 

Ding Dong.

 

Jeongguk presses the button next to the door in front of him. “Tae, I’m here.” 

 

Piiip.“Wait, baby.” The owner of the apartment replies from behind the door. He can clearly hear the other’s clumsy footstep. Just by hearing his footstep it can make a smile appear on his face. The door finally opens. A guy with hazelnut brown hair and oversized sweater appears behind the door with his box-shaped grin. He jumps to hug Jeongguk tightly.

 

“Jeonggukie!” Jeongguk’s smile getting wider after he hears the elder calling him with his favorite nickname. Taehyung — the guy who’s been dating with Jeongguk for almost 3 years — lands kisses on Jeongguk’s lips as his hand buries on the back of Jeongguk’s head, playing with the younger’s hair strands there. He breaks off their kiss. “I miss you,” He claims.

 

Jeongguk chuckles and lands another kiss. “I miss you too, Tae.” Jeongguk puts the other down. “I’m hungry.”

 

“Ah! Seokjin hyung visited here this morning and guess what he brought?”

 

“What? Don’t tell me—,”

 

“Meat! He gave me bulgogi, fresh hanwoo, and kimchi!” Taehyung answers it himself happily. He grabs Jeongguk’s wrist and drags him inside. “Let’s eat! It’s your favorite.”

 

They arrive at Taehyung’s living room. Tae’s apartment is not that big but not that small either. His living room’s walls are filled with paintings. Tae loves art. He even has his own art studio here. Jeongguk asked him before why he didn’t want to make his hobby into his job. Then he answered, “I love music more. I love singing, producing, acting and dancing more than painting.”. Well, Jeongguk can’t say anything. It's his life and his choice after all. And if Tae chose painting over what he’s doing right now, he wouldn’t have met Jeongguk, maybe.

 

Jeongguk takes off his jacket and hangs it near the bookshelf. Tae already went to the kitchen to prepare their super late lunch. Jeongguk giggles when he sees the elder's confused face, trying to find something. Jeongguk walks towards him. “What are you searching?”

 

“A plate for bulgogi.” Taehyung answers while he goes through all the cupboards.

 

Jeongguk goes to another side, opens one of the cabinets at the corner and takes out a plate. “How can I know where it is more than the homeowner itself?” He gives the plate to the elder. Taehyung grins and grabs the plate before he walks towards the table and plants the bulgogi on the plate. “Well, you cook for me more than I cook for you.” Taehyung goes to the rice cooker, puts some rice into a bowl before he puts in on the table. “Let’s eat.”

 

Jeongguk nods and sits on the other side of the table. He puts the bulgogi onto his spoon and eats it with rice. “Hmm. As expected, Seokjin hyung’s cooking is always good.” He talks with his mouth full.

 

Taehyung takes a bite too. “He knew you’ll come today. So he cooked it, specially for you.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Mhm. He told me not to eat ramyun or pizza or chicken every time you come,” Tae says before taking another bite.

 

“Ah, he’s really the best.”

 

“How’s your day, baby? You said you meet a cutie yesterday?” Taehyung asks out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter