tap #1

Boss Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“ing .” I grit my teeth and I could see my knocks growing pale with every second. I neatly tie up the documents for the meeting at the brunch place downtown. It was a casual business meet where I had to draw in clients for our upcoming stocks.

“Dress well baby, I’ve got clients to impress.” He said, while his eyes take a scan down to my toes. It puts me off when people think that all I’ve got is . For Christ’s sake I’m a business grad with honors to adorn. I roll down my selves and take one last look at the mirror before getting to my car which is second handed as I was just starting to get high up in my financial ladder. I’ve still got a long way to go but I’m pretty sure I’ll get there soon without the courtesy of my looks.

It was a quite exquisite place to dine as expected but much classier than the ones I’ve previously attended. From the data that I had managed to go through this morning, our client owns one of the best hotel chains in the nation, Fort Han. I’ve never really had the chance to pay a visit to such a luxury nor do I have the money. A single night can cost from $100 to $700 bucks. I haven’t had the time to indulge in my client’s personal life but for all I know, he’s young. We’re only a few years apart and our financial states are as untouchable as the two poles of a magnet. I blame it on his wealthy background, the guy is the one and only grandson of the nation’s most controversial yet respected financial adviser. Quite the title he has on his shoulders, despite the roars that his background surrounds, he is extremely closured. Not a single article about him getting drunk on parties or hanging with hoes. Honestly I respect his class and reserve nature.

I walk to the receptionist and ask for my client. She smiles at me and tells me to follow her. After scanning the place for a while she leads me to my location. I internally wish I could have worn something a bit more formal and extravagant. The avant-garde furnishing with a modern strike seems to be on high contrast with my white shirt and blue cardigan. I had my hair let loose with the long curls of my currents lining the collars of my shirt. I take a step into the elevator, and there’s nothing more that I want to do now than wish I was back in my car, taking a speedy drive back home. His face hasn’t changed a bit but his built had my stomach doing flips. Hawt!

“Well, this is a coincidence that’s alarming.” Oh Sehun, the man I crushed upon throughout high school and still thought about quite a few times in college. I giggle at his remark and I could feel his strong glaze on me. Probably all he remembers is a girl with awkward braces that were seemingly ‘invisible’ but grew yellow over time and a face marked with acne topped off with the geekiest glasses of all time. I was a 5’9 and an obese mess at that time.

“Looks like someone’s been taking care of herself lately.” He throws me a compliment to which I quickly respond to with a blush.

“How have you been?” I ask him in my professional tone. I would not let myself be shown in such a ridiculous light after what I’ve been through in the past. “Alright, I guess.” He utters. Going through this big makeover had me forgetting my roots for a while but this encounter just made me think about who I was back then. A sore loser who rooted for the school’s shining boy but got rejected at the end; to make matters worse he just had to date my cousin whom I rarely associate myself with. It was expected, she had average gra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter