Encounter

Wish

I placed down my tray as I idly sat down on my chair. I settled on the table farthest from the other students in the cafeteria as much as possible nearby the window. I started to munch down on my lunch as I stared outside the window--it's really pouring hard outside right now and the sound of the rain distracted me from the noise of the cafeteria. I could sense some girls from my class sitting three tables away from my direction talking about me, again but I could not really be bothered--I have lots to deal with life right now. As much as I loved the rain--the calming sound as the rain drops in the ground, the smell of the damp earth, the cold weather--I can't help but compare my life with this cold, gloomy weather. I continued to munch down on my now half-eaten lunch as I distract myself from the sound of rain. The bell rang and I continously eat my lunch.
Once I finished, I gulped down a glass of water and picked up my tray then headed down to where the sink is and placed my finished tray on the side.

The afternoon class sessions went by in a bliss without having any usual problems I encounter, like having to deal with the mean girls from my class or being called upon by our teacher again accussing me of my stuff.
I've been living alone since I was 9.