Melody 5

SILENT MELODY [Jikook]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook

If he hated them, the least he could have done is send me a ‘thank you’. I know I shouldn’t be pissed off, but I do. Overall because I’ve never wanted to send them to him the first place. I wasn’t expecting he praises me, but the fact that he begged me so much for that and them simply ignore them. It irritates me.

And he didn’t come out to HIS usual hour in almost a week. I’ve wanted a message about them, but if I do, then it’ll seem I care too much about what he thinks of my lyrics. I don’t want me to care. But I can say how disappointed I feel because I do care. I don’t like to believe that he likes my lyrics but the idea of helping for real in writing a song it makes me excited.

-The food should be here in a while. I’m going to take the clothes of the dry machine- Says Tae. Open the door and I sat on the sofa when I listen a familiar sound of guitar from the outside. He closes the door behind him, and as much as I want to ignore him, I ran to my room and in silence slice myself through the door of my garden, books in hand. If I sink enough on my chair, he could not notice I’m here.

But he’s looking straight to my balcony when I come out. He doesn’t recognize me with a smile or even a move of head when I sit. He just keeps playing, and I have curiosity to see if he simply just pretend that our conversation from last week didn’t happen. Somehow I hope that, because I’d like to pretend it never happened.

He plays known songs, and it doesn’t take me too much to let go my shame by the fact that he thought my lyrics were stupid. I tried to warn him.

I finish my homework meanwhile he still playing, I close the books, I lay and close my eyes. He’s in silence for a minute, and then starts to play the letter of the song I sent him. In the middle of the song, the guitar makes a pause for a few seconds, but I deny opening my eyes just when my phone vibrates with a new message.

Jimin

You’re not singing

I look at him, and he’s looking at me with a smile. He looks down to his guitar and watch his hands while finish the song. Then he picks up his phone and sends another message.

Jimin

Don’t you want to know what I think about your lyrics?

Me

No, I’m pretty sure to know what you think of them. It’s been a week since I sent them to you. No problem. I told you they were stupid.

Jimin

Yeah, sorry for the silence. I had to leave town for a few days. Family emergency.

I don’t know if he’s saying the truth, but the fact that he affirms he’s been out of town relieves my fear that he didn’t come out of his balcony because of my fault.

Me

Is everything alright?

Jimin

Yep

Me

Okay

Jimin

I’m just going to say this once, Jungkook. Are you ready?

Me

Okay

Jimin

You’re amazing. Those lyrics. I can’t even describe how perfect they are for the song. How the hell did that come to you? And why can’t you see that you need to LET IT OUT from you? Don’t resist it. You’re doing a big thing to the world with your modesty. I know that I accepted not ask you for more, but that was because actually I didn’t expect to get more that I received. I need more. Give me, give it to me.

I let go a heavy sigh. Until that moment I didn’t realize exactly how I much I care about his opinion. I can’t look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter