Interview

In My Next Life

(Moonbyul's POV)

"Do you want to be a man or a woman in your next life?"

Now, normally I would have followed the example of the other three and said "woman" but something stopped me. A feeling I knew very well. Smiling, I peered over the camera to where the rest of my members were sitting. I locked eyes with a certain member before she looked away, blushing. Satisfied at getting her attention, I smirked and answered:
"Man."
At this Wheein and Hyejin looked surprised, and Yongsun's cheeks turned even redder. 

*Later in the car*

"So what was that about, unnie?" 
Wheein breaks the awkward silence and turns back to where Hyejin and I are sitting. I feign innocence and reply:
"What do you mean by "that", Wheein?" 
Hyejin her eyebrow and smirks, interest perked. 
"I'm talking about the fact that you said that in your next life you would want to be a man instead of a woman."
"And I'm asking you why that matters. It was a quick decision, plus my opinion has got nothing to do with you, my dear wheepup."
"Firstly, don't call me wheepup. Second of all, maybe your opinion has nothing to do with me, but I didn't fail to notice a certain Yongsun unnie blush at your words."
"Then maybe you should ask her yourself, instead of bothering me with this." 
I lean back, put in my earbuds and turn on my playlist, completely ignoring Wheein.

(Solar's POV)

I was kind of enjoying the little dispute those two were having until Byul just had to drag me into it. Now I was at the mercy of both maknaes while Byul was in her own little world of music. 
"So Yongsun unnie since Byulie unnie won't answer my question let me ask you: What was that about?"
I silently cursed myself for blushing at the memory of a little chat we had a few days ago.

*Flashback*
 
The four of us were resting at my house. Hyejin and Wheein were playing a game in the living room while I was on my bed, scrolling through Instagram. I heard the door open and turn to see Byul walking in. 
"Unnie, I missed you. Because of WGM, I haven't seen you at all lately." Byul's voice was low and husky from exhaustion and she was wearing a t-shirt and really short shorts. Even if in public she hated showing skin, at home she wore shorts often. I kept my eyes on my phone hoping she won't notice the pink slowly spreading across my cheeks. She smirked and crawled onto the bed next to me, wrapping her arms around my waist. My heart nearly stopped as our foreheads touched and she looked into my eyes, hers warm and inviting. As she leaned closer, I pushed her away in desperation. 
"Not now Byul-ah, they're still here. We don't want to get caught." 
Byul dropped her arms in disappointment but she understood. I didn't want them to know yet. I wasn't ready to face those two. 
"You know, this would be a lot easier if I was a man. Then we could confess." 
Byul sighed and looked at the ceiling wistfully. I wished that I had enough courage to confess to at least our other members. My eyes dampened from frustration and I angrily wiped my eyes with the back of my hand. The bed dipped and I felt Byul's arms around me again, telling me that it was ok and that she could wait, no matter how long it took. 

*End of Flashback*

"Hello? Yongsun unnie!" Hyejin waved a hand in front of my face and I flinched, snapping out of my daydream.
"So now that you've come back to earth, answer Wheein's question." Hyejin's smirk made me shake a little in fear. "Well..." "Girls, we're here!" Hyelim unnie's voice boomed over mine and I sighed in relief. The maknaes looked annoyed that they couldn't get an answer from me, and Byul looked calm and collected, the opposite of little 'ol me, who was sweating and red-faced. I made a mental note to thank Hyelim unnie later. As the only other one who knew about me and Byul when she caught us kissing in the changing room, she agreed to keep it a secret and even helped us in dangerous situations. As we got out of the car, Wheein mouthed "We'll talk later" and strolled into Byul's apartment. We had made plans to sleepover at Byul's house that night, so I definitely wasn't going to be able to avoid the maknaes for long. And sure enough an hour later, Hyejin and Wheein talking about "that" again. Except that this time it was with Byul. Now, the thing with Byul is that she always looks cool as a cucumber but if she is embarrassed enough, she tends to spill things pretty quickly. So, of course, I had to pull a blushing Byulie out of the situation and into her room. I closed the door and sighed with relief. A very flustered and very cute Byulie was kneeling on the bed with her head down. I kneeled in front of her and cupped her face, making her eyes meet mine. 
"Look Byul-ah, we have to be more careful. Because of what happened today, our members are becoming more suspicious about our relationship. It's not anyone's fault, just be more careful next time ok?" 
She nodded, pouting and her eyes b with tears. 
"Aigoo, how is our Moonstar so cute? Makes me want to kiss you." "Then just do it unnie." Byul grabbed my shoulders and pulled me closer, then leaned in. I froze in shock but let myself welcome the kiss, wrapping my arms around her waist. This sweet moment lasted for about thirty seconds before the door burst open and a voice shrieked. 
"Omo, they're kissing, Hyejin!" I jumped away from Byul and due to my clumsiness, fell off the bed. I grimaced as I hit the floor, pain lacing through my left arm. 
"Unnie, are you ok?!"
I groaned as I sat up, rubbing my bruised arm while Byul supported my back. 
"Omo, Byulie is helping Yongsun unnie up! So gentlemanly!"
I facepalmed myself while Byul blushed for the second time today. Hyejin was just smirking while Wheein was basically fangirling. I sighed, wondering what I did today to deserve all this.

(Moonbyul's Pov)

When I thought things couldn't get any worse after the interrogation on the couch, now I was sitting on the floor next to Yongsun unnie, with the maknaes grilling us, although it was mostly just Wheein asking.
"How long has this been going on?" "About a year, I think" "Who confessed?" "Of course it was Byul, what do you think?" "Does anyone else know?" "Hyelim unnie. She caught us in the changing room three months back." 
I stared amazed as Wheein fired question after question and Youngsun answered faster, even including some embarrassing details. I guess she was also tired of keeping it all in. 
"Now that you're done with the interrogation Detective Jung, why don't you leave us alone? If there's an emergency, knock first."
Youngsun unnie practically shoved them out of the room then locked it. She then flung herself onto the bed. I crawled next to her and snuggled in her arms. 
"Are you ok, unnie?" "Yeah, my bruise should heal in a few days." "No, I mean about the fact that they found out." "I'm ok. It feels better to not have to hide from them anymore. Now let's go to sleep, I'm tired." "Goodnight unnie." "Goodnight Byul-ah."

The couple fell asleep in peaceful silence, their arms wrapped around each other.

The End~


I was inspired by this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRkZdkBG6yE
The rest is my imagination of what I thought would happen afterward.
I hope you liked it :)