Friday Night

Of Martinis and Olives
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moon Byulyi decided to spend her Friday night at the bar near her place. She was desperate to loosen up as her towering stacks of documents seemed to have drawn the life out of her. Just a few shots, she told herself. A few shots of alcohol and she's off to retire for the night.

Her plans, however, were all forgotten when her sight lands on a lone lady at the bar. Something about the woman awakened something inside of her. And just like that, her Friday night plans have been tossed into the bottom of the trash bin, along with her resolve to catch up on a well deserved sleep. Without noticing, her simple glance turned to a guaging stare.

The dark haired girl seemed to be staring right back at her, and in a knick of time, everything was just a blur.
Even from across the room, Moonbyul's world felt like it was playing in slow motion as she carefully made her way to the bar. Gone were the drunk and rowdy club goers and their alcohol scented sweat; the strobe lights suddenly felt softer around her and even the then deafening music dulled out into a thumping bass. For a moment, she believed it was actually the sound of her heart beating loudy and rythmically in her ears.

While the distance lessens between her and the now smirking beautiful stranger, she gathers all the courage and charisma she could muster. Her warmly flushed face breaks into a handsome smile.

Standing right in front of the girl, she leans back on the bar with an elbow hanging from the edges. She offers a confident hand and in a low and solid voice, she greets, "Hey. Name's Moonbyul"

The lady shyly eyed the hand and carefully places her own nicely manicured one right above. "Wheein", comes the short reply.

Byul felt a pleasant shudder inside of her as the sweet angelic voice reached her ear. Without missing a beat, Byul raises their joint hands and gently places her lips on the back of the girl's palm. "Pleasure to meet you, Miss Wheein", she says as she watches the petite girl trying to conceal her reddening face.

"Would you care for a drink?" she adds thoughtfully as she becons for the bartender.

"Uhm. My parents taught me not to accept stuff from strangers." Wheein replies as she gives a cheeky smile; a single deep dimple gracing her cheek. Gone was her momentary shyness and Moonbyul was reminded how the stares managed to draw her into coming over like a piece of iron to a magnet.

Moonbyul resists the urge to poke the dip on her cheek and runs a hand on her long silver hair instead. Unbeknownst to her, the gesture only attracted Wheein even more. "I know your name, you know mine. Technically we're no longer strangers, no?"

Wheein giggles, sensing the desire on her voice. She was fully aware that Moonbyul had her eyes on her every move. She slowly drags a finger against her lips, feigning a look of contempation.

Moonbyul visibly swallows a lump on as her vision followed the rougue

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter