Really Really

Fools

The most beautiful thing in my eyes right now
Is you lady
If my feelings for you were money
I would be a billionaire
I like you
(Really really, WINNER)

 

17.12.16, 4.30 pm

After a long day at Uni, Seungoon had decided to treat himself to a coffee from the new café that had opened near campus. The café was small and cozy and its quaint atmosphere went well with the acoustic music that was playing. The day had been rainy and dark and his failure to find a good picture for the photography contest had made him weary, but the atmosphere in the café and the excellent Americano had managed to lift his spirits just enough to convince himself to sort through the last batch of pictures he had taken. Unfortunately, they were all missing something special, something that would make the judges' heads turn. After he had spent the last weeks running through Seoul in search of inspiration, he had almost given up on finding that "something".

"Excuse me, my colleagues' shift just ended and I noticed that you almost finished your drink. Can I interest you in something else? Maybe something sweet to lift your spirits? Food always helps me when I'm stressed."

Seungyoon looked up and felt his breath hitch- he smiled to himself while studying the girl in front of him- she was exactly what he had been looking for. The last rays of the setting sun illuminated her auburn hair, seemingly setting it on fire. Her eyes were bright and clear, her facial features delicate and her beautiful smile made his- Why was she frowning at him now?

"Excuse me, is there something wrong? I don't want to be rude, but you're making me feel uncomfortable when you stare at me like that", his newfound muse said, furrowing her brows cutely.

"I'm sorry. I just couldn't help it. You're really beautiful. I know that I must seem like a total creep , but please hear me out for a bit. I realised that you are exactly what I've been looking for. I'm a photography major and I'd love to take some pictures of you for the contest I'm participating in. I've been looking for inspiration for weeks, that's why I was looking so stressed. If I had you, I'd surely make the judges' heads turn. So please, will you say yes?"

"Depends, " the girl said, suddenly smirking, " do I get paid? My student loan is pretty big, so I might do it for the right incentive. "

Seungyoon smiled. "Sure. I mean... that's awesome. I am looking forward to working with you." Before he could stop himself, he had already held out his hand towards her, presumably hoping she would shake it to seal the deal.

The redhead eyed his hands for a second before wrapping her small one around his larger one and shaking it. "Just so that you don't misunderstand, I'll only do the shoot fully clothed."

Seungyoon really regretted his pale complexion and bleached hair, as he was convinced that his blushing cheeks became increasingly more visibly to the girl in front of him. "I'd never thought of asking you something like that."

The girl's next words almost gave him a heart attack.

"Shame, after all you're exactly my type."

 

17.12.17, 7 pm

"Do you believe it? He actually offered me 150.000 won for one session. I had to say yes."

Jennie furrowed her brows in worry before answering her roommate who was pacing the room excitedly. " You should be more careful Jisoo. He might be a creep. What if he is only trying to lure you t his place so he can lock you up in his cellar and keep you as his pet? "

"Nah, he is too cute to be a psychopath."

"That's exactly what you said about your ex, remember how that relationship turned out? If it wasn't for Mino-sunbae you may have ended up with more than just a bruise."

"Should I be afraid of every guy only because I met a couple of bad eggs? I told you to stop reading these thriller novels Jennie, just stick to your science books "Jisoo responded, her brows furrowing.

"We've been friends since High School, why wouldn't I worry? You have to admit that the last guys you dated have all been questionable choices. Remeber the one who admitted to stalking you for moths before finally asking you out? Or the guy who threatened to beat up Mino-sunbae just because the two of you are close?", Jennie explained worriedly.

"It's not like I don't appreciate you worrying over me. But I'm just not like you. Don't you get lonely living like this? Never letting yourself fall in love, because you think it's bothersome?"

"Falling in love is just a distraction. It's not like happy ever after really exists, so why should I bother?"

"Don't worry Jendeukie, when the right one comes you'll be swayed too. Say, are we still good for tonight? You promised me to go clubbing. Although I can't stay out too late, considering I have a photo shoot tomorrow."

"You know I won't let you go alone. Plus, I feel pretty restless after spending the whole Saturday in the laboratory. I just have to go shopping before we leave, our fridge is pretty empty", Jenny said.

"I'm really sorry Jendeukie, I meant to go earlier today but the café was really crowded today. If you want to, I can go with you now."

Jennie picked up herself from the bed she had been sitting on with Jisoo and stretched herself. "It's fine, I'll be able to handle it by myself. You still have to do some course work right? I'll be back in an hour or so. I'd ask you to start preparing dinner, but I'm afraid that the janitor will complain if you try to burn down the apartment again."

"Ya! It wasn't my fault that the fire alarm went off. Plenty of people have fallen asleep while preparing a late night snack. It's not like I can't cook."

[...]

After finally arriving at the supermarket, Jennie made a beeline towards the cereal shelves first, to notice with horror that only one bag of her favorite cereal was left. She tiptoed to reach for it, just to watch in horror as a long limbed guy in a leather jacket snatched it away from her in front of her eyes.

"Hey, I saw it first!"

The rude boy looked down at her, smirking " Oh? Are you sure you could even spot it? It's pretty high up after all!"

"I could see it just fine. "

"You did? I didn't even notice you were there from up here," the annoying boy responded.

"You seem really proud of your height. Are you compensating for something?"

The lanky guy just smiled in response, staying irritatingly calm. "You're a real spitfire, I like it. Name's Lee Seunghoon."

" There is really no need to introduce yourself. I would just like that cereal please. I am sure that I saw it first."

"Fine", Seunghoon said, pushing back his fringe that had fallen over his eyes. "Let's make a deal, I'll trade the cereal for your phone number, how does it sound?"

Jennie grinned self-assuredly. There was no way she was going to give her phone number to this rude guy, but he wouldn't be any wiser if she were to give him a wrong number, wouldn't he? "Sure, sounds like a great deal to me. " Jennie answered, pretending to look at her phone to check her number. My phone number is-"

Before she could finish the sentence, Seunghoon had already grabbed her phone and used it to call himself, before handing both, cereal and mobile phone, back to a visibly agitated Jennie. The tall boy just grinned at her and swiftly walked off, while throwing a cheery "we'll be in touch little spitfire" her way.

Jennie felt her lips stretching into an involuntary grin at the guys antics, which prompted her to silently whisper, "You know better Kim Jennie, boys are nothing but trouble."

 

18.12.17, 4 pm

Mino was still tired from last night's show, but he was set to make some extra money this weekend, so he forced a smile on his face and did his best to draw a cute caricature of the two infants posing in front of him, while trying to ignore the hustle and bustle of Seoul's inner city. After the painting was done, Mino thanked the two children for staying so patient and was rewarded with two cute smiles. Their mom  even paid him a bit extra, since Mino had taken longer for the painting than they had previously agreed on. While Mino felt bad for basically out his talent, he really wanted those vans he had seen in his favorite store last week. Although that was only half the reason for his impromptu mini job. Jisoo's birthday was coming up and he was determined to give her the best birthday present yet. Maybe, just maybe, he'd even find the courage to-

"Excuse me?"

He was shaken from his musings by a light and lilting voice and looked up to spot a tall, lanky girl with long blonde hair, who was wearing a peace minus 1 cap, which Mino regarded with envy.

" I was wondering whether you can draw me? I'm still looking for a birthday gift for my mom and I thought she may enjoy something like this, since we don't get to see each other often."

"Sure, I guess I can do one more, before packing up for today. Just sit on the chair and smile, I'll handle the rest," Mino said while flashing a grin at the girl, who promptly blushed.

"Drawing you won't be easy though", Mino teased the girl sitting in front of him, "only good artists can do cute girls justice, but you are in luck today, since I'm not just good, I'm great."

The blonde shyly giggled before studying him curiously. "Have we met before? You seem familiar somehow, I just don't seem to remember where we met."

"That must be the oldest line in the book. But you are cute, so I might just play along,."

"I- I'm not trying to hit on you.....I mean I wouldn't mind if you were....Anyway, I'm sure I've seen you before somewhere, just.... Oh Oh I know, you are a rapper right? My friend Chaeyoung and I went to this gig last week, I'm sure you were one of the rappers. What was the song again.... something about being afraid or something....

Mino concentrated on her drawing, making sure to get her features just right, before looking up to answer the girl."It's Fear, I wrote it myself. I'm not a rapper though, it's just a hobby, I'm actually studying art."

"You're really great though, you're wasting your talent like this. I'm a dancer at YG Entertainment and my best friend Chae is a singer there, I'm sure she can get you an audition", the girl said with a hopeful sparkle in her eyes.

"No thanks, I am done with entertainment companies. I tried that before and I was burned both times. So now I decided to just make it my hobby, this way I won't grow to hate the thing I love most."

After his last sentence had stunned the girl into silence, Mino smiled at her to relieve the awkwardness, while finishing the painting.

"Looks like I'm done. It turned out great. Well, it's not a coincidence, considering you make such a great model", Mino directed towards the blonde girl, winking.

"Regarding what I said earlier," the girl suddenly piped up," I am sorry you went through something bad. But YGE is different. I'm sure they would appreciate someone like you. Listen, I just leave you my number ", the girl said, handing him a card with her name and phone number on it. "Throw it away if you like. But if you find yourself keeping it, just give me a call and we can meet with Chaeyoung and try to get you an audition", she said blushing, before pressing the money in his hands, snatching the painting from him and racing off.

Mino didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the feeling of hope rising in his chest. He had already given up on following his dream, but maybe there was still a chance? A chance he would have to thank a certain Lalisa Manoban for, as he found out when checking out her calling card.

While packing up he felt his phone vibrate and took it out of his back pocket to check his katalk.

 

----

4.35 pm Jisoo:AngelEyes.jpeg

4.37 pm Jisoo:AngelEyes2.jpeg

4.39 pm Jisoo: Oppa! Look at the pictures, they're great right? I met a photography student today who was set on taking pictures of me. I think they turned out really well. He paid me as well and asked if I could model for him again tomorrow. I'll probably do it for free, since the pictures have turned out great so far. I'll probably ask him if I can use them when I apply for auditions <3

 

4.42 pm Mino: Jisoo-yah ! You just went with him because he offered you money in exchange for taking pictures of you? That sounds really dodgy. What would you have done if he was a creep? I told you all guys are beasts, apart from myself naturally ;)

 

4.44 pm Jisoo: Don't be such a worrywart. You are as bad as Jendeukie. I was really careful and he is a really nice guy, so you can relax, I haven't been kidnapped or anything. He didn't even try to make a move yet. Although maybe I wouldn't mind if he did :3

----

Mino grimaced. The rising feeling of jealousy was a familiar instance by now. It was the same every time Jisoo became interested in someone or started dating, yet it never hurt any less. But still, as soon as her relationships ended in heartbreak, because of her terrible taste in men, he was there to pick up the pieces. Sometimes he wished he would have never met her, instead of suffering from unrequited love, ever since he met her on the first day of high school.

Another buzz alerted him to more incoming messages

---

4.48 pm Seungyoon: Hi Mino-hyung. You won't believe what happened today. I finally have a shot at the first prize in the photo contest I told you about. I met this girl yesterday and as soon as I saw her I knew that I had to take pictures of her for the contest. Our first session ended a while ago and we agreed on another session for tomorrow. The thing is, she is really great, so I am thinking of asking her out after our next session. Even her name is pretty <3

---

Mino looked at the text from his friend Seungyoon, whom he knew from university, with rising dread. He felt like he already knew the answer, but he still had to ask.

---

4.55 pm Mino: That sounds like she got you good. So what's her name?

4.56 pm Seungyoon : Kim Jisoo. It's really really pretty right? But she is even prettier, here that's one of the pictures I took

AngelEyes.jpeg

---

"She is, isn't she?", Mino muttered to himself, feeling his jealousy rise. So Jisoo and his dongsaeng from university... somehow this made him feel worse than her crushing on guys he never met before. What was so great about Seungyoon anyway? If Jisoo were to look at him instead, she would know that they were definitely better suited. Even though he liked his dongsaeng, he started feeling a little petty.

---

5 pm Mino : Yeah. She is really beautiful. Looks high maintenance though, I'd be careful if I were you. I don't think she'd say yes if you ask her out straight away.

5. 03 pm Seungyoon: You may be right, but I think I have to  try nonetheless. I don't want to end up friendzoned and never ask her out, like hyung and the girl you're in love with. But thanks for your advice anyway. I'd rather be rejected after I tried to win her over, instead of never giving it a shot to begin with. Plus, even if she rejects me once, she might agree after I ask her once more. Persistence can be virtue too ;)

---

Reading Seungyoons' words, Mino felt shaken. It seemed like Seungyoon had the courage Mino himself was lacking. With a mindset like that, he probably deserved to date her. "I wonder what Seungyoon would say if he knew that the girl I can't confess too is the girl he has a newfound crush on", Mino thought to himself, regretting his earlier pettiness.

Maybe he should be as courageous as his dongsaeng and just tell Jisoo that he liked her. Wasn't it better to know the truth and move on instead of pining for her all the time? But unfortunately, his heart disagreed. As long as he didn't know Jisoo's feelings for sure, he could still believe that she reciprocated his feelings, which made the current status quo preferable to him. Especially since Mino was sure that his confession would be rejected anyhow.´´

 

18.12.17, 9 pm

Rose made her way towards the dance studio, to check in on her best friend, who was still trying to perfect the choreo for Rosé's new music video. Lisa was so concentrated on her dancing that she didn't even notice when she entered the room , until Chae simply switched off the music.

"Oh Chaeyoungie. How are you? How did the meeting with the actor for the MV go? I heard the other girls talk about him. His looks are really popular even though he is just a rookie. "

"He is very good looking. To be honest, I don't know if I want him to play my love interest, I look like a potato next to him", Rose said, scratching her ears nervously.

"Who said that? Did he say that? Don't believe stuff like that Rose, you are super pretty, your horde of male fans can attest to that."

"He didn't say anything like that. He was very polite. Don't worry, I know I am no potato, but he really looks like an anime character come to life. I think it's good in a way, I feel like many people will watch the MV, instead of just streaming the song. What's up with your text from earlier by the way? The one about you scouting new talent?"

"Remember the gig we went to last week? The guy who performed this great song, "Fear", I met him today when I went shopping. He is an art student. I had him draw a picture of me for my mom, I can show it to you later, it looks really really great. Anyway, he was really great at the gig, right? So I gave him my calling card and told him to call me if he wants an audition. Although... I-  I wouldn't m- mind if he were to call and invite me for a drink instead of asking for an audition", Lisa cutely blushed while stammering out the last part.

"So really, you just want him to come to YG so you can see him more often?" Chaeyoung answered, with a sneaky smile on her face.

"It's not just that, He is really talented. You are going to put in a good word for him if he wants to audition, right?"

"Sure, I guess I can do that. Although I'm not sure my good word will be enough, but I can always ask Jiyong-ssi to meet with your rapper, our CEO would definitely listen to him!"

"That would be great Rosé, thank you so much. I mean... he hasn't even called yet, but just in case, thank you."

"Everything to make my little sis happy."

 

18.12.16, 10 pm

Seunghoon waved towards his childhood friend, who was on his way to join him at the bar.

"Two gin tonic please", he told the bar keeper, who had been staring at his friend as soon as she caught him walking towards the bar. Sometimes, Seunghoon thought that going out with Jinwoo really left him at a disadvantage. If he went out with his other friends, he would often find himself at the center of female attention, but whenever he met up with Jinwoo he felt the females' gaze searching out his friend more often than himself.

"I guess that's what I get for being friends with a real life bishounen", He thought smiling, while Jinwoo nestled down on the chair next to him.

"How have you been? Has university been stressful? How is your dance crew? Any news on the dating front?"

"How about asking one question at a time, Jinwoo-hyung?"

"But we haven't been able to meet up for a whole month!"

"What about you then? Any news?"

"I met a cute girl today, she is a great singer too. I'm going to play her love interest in her new MV!"

"Someone in YGE? You have to tell me, who is it?"

"Her name is Park Chaeyoung, but on stage she is Rosé."

"God, I am so jealous... you should thank all the deities for your face every morning you wake up."

"I actually hate when people say that. I wish people would see more than my face when they look at me. You know, Rose said the same thing today. Instead of saying something like, I look forward to working with you, she said she is afraid to stand next to me because I am too good looking. I know she was just playing around, but still...I wish someone would recognize me for my acting instead. I joined YG stage two years ago and so far all I can show for it are a couple cfs, model jobs and this role in the music video. I really want to be cast for a drama, in order to prove that I am more than just my face. But I didn't come here to mope, I am sorry. So yeah, in summary, I met a cute girl today. Who knows, maybe I'll ask her out, I'm pretty bored these days. I doubt she'll say no."

"You're always playing innocent, but you really really aren't. Maybe I should reveal the truth about you to all those girls who worship the ground you step on. Then you'll be Jinwoo-cheonsa no longer", Seunghoon said smiling mischievously.

"Well,  as long as you you don't tell the boys I still have half the population to pick from left. But I can guarantee you that I will spill your deepest darkest secrets in return", Jinwoo retorted with an equally mischievous grin.

"By the way, I met a cute girl as well, I even got her phone number, although to do so I had to take her favorite cereal hostage", Seunghoon casually mentioned.

"You did what?"

"Let me tell you...."