Spring Day

Being the perfect omega

a/N:  Well I know a lot of you are gritting their teeth and pulling their hairs out with all the mixed signals and angst in here. I will be speeding up the story in a while but that doesn’t mean I will let the angst just slip.

Some of you has the general idea of how this ends already and I am eager to write it out for you guys.. but the angst.. sorry, it’s already set in stone.

 

And lastly, I so apologize for my grammar and spelling mistakes, I am a lazy author when it comes to proof reading.

 

 

-----

 

It was turning spring, the weather has gone a little warmer and Jackson knew that his birthday was fast approaching. He then took something out of his closet and ran his fingers on the coat tentatively before sighing.

 

“Your Majesty?” Bambam called out and popped his head on the walk in closet and found his charge.

 

“Please have this wrapped, I will be returning it.” Jackson said and Bambam bowed and took the article while Jackson left to greet his parents.

 

“are you sure about this Jackson?” Jinki asked as he met his son at the King’s office.

 

“Yes, it’s really not necessary to hold such feast.” Jackson argued.

 

“This could be a good opportunity to find a mate.”  Henry argued but Jackson firmly shook his head.

 

“I am fine with a simple dinner, I am not as important as Jooheon for that matter.” Jackson replied and it made the twin alphas frown.

 

“Jackson.” Jinki called his son’s name. “Why would you bring yourself down with such thinking?” Jinki asked and Jackson smiled at him bitterly.

 

“Because it is the truth.” Jackson said and somehow, the twin alphas did not have something else to counter it.

 

Mark rolled his eyes; of course he was being forced to travel another couple of hundred miles to his brother’s kingdom for a fishing trip. Yunho had argued that he really wanted to participate in it and he could opt to come with them, seeing that there was no grand ball to celebrate Jackson’s birthday. Mark could’ve taken the bait but his omega father had tripped him with the guilt card and well, he had no choice but be the prince he was supposed to be.

 

“Jinyoung, could you just sit this one out? I could ask others to prepare my luggage.” Mark said but the heavily 8th month pregnant omega was not giving up and was as stubborn as his charge.

 

“You are very particular with your clothes, I would prefer to spend a couple of ours packing your luggage right than spend a couple more hours with you ratting how incompetent the palace servants were.” Jinyoung said and Mark accepted that the retainer had a point.

 

“are you travelling with us?” Mark asked and Jinyoung nodded.

 

“The palace medic said that I could go, Youngjae is pretty much excited to meet his god father.” Jinyoung caressed the bulge he was sporting and smiled at Mark. “he is pretty excited.” Jinyoung informed Mark who rolled his eyes and threw his hands up in the air exaggeratedly. Jinyoung laughed at the prince before returning to his task at hand.

 

Yunho was excited as he met Henry and was almost ready to jump on a ship for the fishing trip but Henry had told him of that they will be leaving a day after Jackson’s birthday, to officially start the spring and the celebration. Yunho did not mind, he would really want to get tips too, he wasn’t going home empty handed.

 

 

The monarchs settled themselves when Mark wandered off to somewhere, eventually metting Minhyuk who was happily chatting with Jinyoung and asking how the omega was feeling now that he was close to giving birth.  Mark watched as his brother and his retainer interacted, as well as Kihyun, who was already carrying a 2 month old Changkyun on his arms.

 

“Your Majesty.” Kihyunn was the first to notice Mark and bowed, which Marked dismissed because he knew a post-natal omega could have illnesses when their bodies are strained.

 

“It’s a nice day out.” Mark informed them and the three omegas nodded. “He is adorable.” Mark cooed at the baby and Kihyun thanked the prince.

 

“I hope Jinyoung’s child would be as adorable as yours.” Mark joked which earned a scowl from the aforementioned omega. “I’m joking!” Mark exasperated and Jinyoung placed his arms around his waist protectively.

 

Sensing the solemn atmosphere, 2 month old Changkyun decided to have a little squeak and Kihyun was wondering why his little one was agitated. Jinyoung then looked at the baby and asked if he could carry Changkyun for a while. Kihyun was apprehensive, Jinyoung was on his last term already and carrying a 2 month old would force the omega’s body. “I’m okay.” Jinyoung said and was soon cradling Changkyun who then smiled and closed his eyes. Jinyoung smiled too as he watched the baby and soon felt his own child calm inside him.

 

“Ah, Changkyunnie calmed  my Youngjae.” Jinyoung teased and Kihyun raised his brow.

 

“You are taking this way too early Jinyoung-ssi.” Kihyun replied and they both laughed.

 

Now that the tension was resolved, Minhyuk led his brother to a spare room because they needed to talk, a serious one. Mark wasn’t sure was Minhyuk’s agenda but he followed the brother only to regret it.

 

“I noticed how distant you were.” Minhyuk started  and Mark rolled his eyes. “You don’t seem happy to be here.” Minhyuk pointed out and Mark raised a brow

 

“I don’t find pleasure in bathing under the sun to wait for fishes to take a bite. This is useless.” Mark replied and it made Minhyuk angry.

 

“You don’t understand what this is about.” Minhyuk raised his voice.

 

“This is pointless and useless what more do I need to understand?” Mark raised his voice as well.

 

“Aside from the fact that this is X-clan’s tradition to welcome spring, it is also X-clan’s way of celebrating Jackson and Lord Jonghyun’s birthday that falls 10 days apart.” Minhyuk emphasized. “You are stepping on glass here Mark, you are being disrespectful.” Minhyuk blurted out.

 

“Why would I care for birthdays? I am not part of this kingdom aside from being your brother, what more would you want me to do? I am fed up with everyone trying to dictate what I should believe in and take action with. Do you think I don’t have enough on my late already? What is a birthday to a blooming rebellion?” Mark shouted, this was getting too much for him to bear. “What can attending such useless activity help our, MY Kingdom to prosper?” Mark argued and it left Minhyuk speechless.

 

“What kind of Kingdom would extend their help to a king who disrespect their culture and tradition?” Minhyuk replied and then walked out.

 

Mark watched his twin walk away and really, what can a useless sport do to help him and his troubles back in his own kingdom. He felt really angry and would want to break things, but restrained himself; this was not his own kingdom after all. He left the room in a haste and almost hit Jackson who was walking down the hallway. Jackson apologized to the prince with head bowed but Mark was too mad to notice the omega’s gesture.

 

“The weaponry wing is this way your highness.” Jackson pointed to the west wing and Mark narrowed his eyes at the omega. “we have bows that you can practice on.” Jackson said and then walked towards the said wing. Jackson hoped Mark would follow him and the prince did, seeing that there is no other way he could lash out other than target practice.

 

Jackson sighed, he knew the prince was not eager to attend this occasion, but he was not expecting a fight from the twin over it, he felt guilty and responsible as he overheard the loud voices. Jackson led the way and opened a door, he allowed Mark to enter and the prince went straight to the rack displaying an array of bows. Jackson helped him by taking a set of arrows and placing it on the platform for the target shooting.

 

Mark tested each bow before selecting the plain one and walked towards the platform. He took the arrow and tested the tension before he looked at the target and took aim, releasing the arrow and flying towards the dead center of the target. Mark quickly took another arrow and released it, the arrow landing easily on the center like a magnet drawn to metal. Jackson smiled a little, Mark was definitely charismatic when he does the target practice and his concentration only made him more handsome.

 

After a while, Mark let the bow go and turned to Jackson. “You can leave it here, an attendant will clean the room.” Jackson explained and Mark left the place without another word, not even a thank you for the X-clan prince.

 

Jackson then picked u the bow to settle it on the rack. He then walked towards the target and started removing the arrows, each one harder to remove as it was lodged deep into the cork. A sudden snap startled Jackson as the arrow broke and some splinters pierced through his skin, causing bleeding. Jackson sighed as he took a handkerchief from his pocket and wrapped it on his hand before returning to the task at hand, eventually removing every arrow.

 

“Your Majesty.” Bambam was panicking as he saw the bloodied handkerchief but Jackson explained that it was okay. “Let me clean them.” Bambam said, taking out a medical kit from the bathroom and treating the prince’s hand with utmost care. “You should be careful hyung.” Bambam reminded him and Jackson meekly smiled then nodded.

 

 

Dinner was a loud affair as the kings were discussing about the fishing trip while the consorts were betting on who would be the winner of the contest, and even though Jaejoong was confident that his husband will not even get a bite bigger than a regular fish, he was still betting for him.

 

“I’ll put my cards on Jooheonie!” Minhyuk chirped and all consorts glared at him, this is so on.

 

“Just because he got a big one before doesn’t mean he can do it again.” Jaejoong was smug but it was a friendly atmosphere.

 

“We’ll see tomorrow!” Minhyuk grinned at his father and then turned his attention to Jooheon who was enjoying his dinner.

 

“Let’s not forget though that tonight is for Jackson.” Henry said after clearing his throat. He then raised his glass and everyone followed. “To my nephew, may you find your happiness and continue to be the sun of X-clan.” Henry said and everyone cheered for him, Mark did out of courtesy.

 

Jackson thanked everyone and happily smiled at them.

 

“If you don’t mind me asking, if you get to mate, would you still return to X-clan to celebrate your birthday?” Minhyuk asked and Jackson nodded.

 

“If I would be allowed to then I would love to spend my birthday here, with my people and with my father.” Jackson replied.

 

“Don’t want a grandiose party?” Jaejoong asked.

 

“I prefer a sit down dinner like this your majesty.” Jackson replied and Jaejoong really wanted to keep him, he is so precious.

 

During dessert, the servants pushed in a food cart bearing a cake and Jackson instantly stood and wrapped his arms around Ryeowook. The consort laughed at how the omega was acting. “Thank you uncle!” Jackson was beaming and it made everyone smile at how simple Jackson is, even a cake could make him this happy.

 

They sang a birthday song for Jackson and the omega happily blew the candle then kissed his fathers who were both caught off guard but laughed at how affectionate their son was; he truly was the sun of X-clan. Jackson happily sliced the cake and offered the first piece to Henry as courtesy and allowed the servants to divide it to the guests as Jackson went back to his seat and took in the happiness of being loved by people who he considered family, even if one of them was just doing it out of courtesy.

 

“If Jackson is the sun, then Jooheon is?” Minhyuk asked Henry who laughed.

 

“Jooheon is X-clan’s moon, just as Jinki is the moon and I am the sun.” Henry pointed to his brother.

 

‘he’s talking about the personalities.” Jinki clarified. “The sun is the outgoing one, The moon is the reserved one.” Jinki explained further.

 

“it doesn’t denote anything rank wise, but the personification gives our people a sort of entity to look up to.” Jooheon added and Minhyuk nodded before turning to Jackson.

 

“You are X-clan’s sun, Prince Minhyuk.” Jackson said. “The rightful one as Jooheon’s mate.” Jackson said and it made Minhyuk frown. “Don’t worry, I will be my mate’s sun as you are to Jooheon.” Jackson explained and Minhyuk smiled and hugged Jackson; though there was something tugging on Minhyuk’s heart, like it was a sort of goodbye.

 

 

The monarchs set out at dawn and boarded the royal ship. Henry addressed his people and eager cheers were heard despite the darkness that enveloped the land. Yunho felt really good and would really fight for his pride on this one making Jaejoong laugh hard. Minhyuk was proudly standing next to Jooheon as the people cheered for the start of the spring and with the sound of the canon being shot, the boats sailed out to the cheers of people who cheered for their fathers, brothers, uncles, and sons.

 

“This is really exciting.” Minhyuk said and Jooheon laughed at him.

 

“You’ll be bored after the third year.” Jooheon teased.

 

“If looking at how the people of X-clan enjoys this, then I am not going to tire out.” Minhyuk huffed and then smirked at Jooheon. ‘Maybe next year I’ll even compete against you!” Minhyuk pointed out and Jooheon narrowed his eyes.

 

‘Oh, you are so on, challenge accepted.” Jooheon replied and they both laughed. “May change a few rules though but I like the idea of capable omegas, mated of course, to take part in this competition.” Jooheon said thoughtfully.

 

“Hey Jackson, make sure to return after you mate, I’ll make sure we’ll be able to participate in the fishing tournament and kick dust on our mate’s faces.” Minhyuk called oout and Jackson laughed and raised both thumbs up.

 

The competition was fierce as each participant was determined to get the biggest catch, which was really overwhelming. But amidst the chaos, Jaejoong found Mark not participating at all. He sighed as he approached his son and Mark just shrugged his shoulders. “At least show some interest, you are representing our kingdom.” Jaejoong reminded his son and AMrk almost threw a tantrum but figured he’ll just have to follow. He walked around the deck in search of a rod when Jackson approached him and asked if he needed anything.

 

“You’re not participating?” Mark asked casually and Jackson shook his head.

 

“Only alphas can participate, it’s in the constitution.” Jackson answered and Mark took the rod and just went his way. “The sea’s current is perilous for fishes on that side, you’ll have a better chance if you go to that side.” Jackson pointed to the other side of the ship and Mark rolled his eyes.

 

“I don’t need your help.” Mark said and Jackson bowed and left the prince to do what he wants.

 

Mark thought that it would be easy but he was way wrong, he couldn’t even put on a bait. Minhyuk noticed his brother and was urging Jooheon to help him. But Jooheon wanted to win so Minhyuk approached Jackson to ask for help.

 

“I know you did this before, and I am as useless as my brother so can you at least help Mark with his rod?” Minhyuk asked and Jackson nodded and followed the prince.

 

 

Mark frowned seeing Jackson but Minhyuk glared at him.  ‘I could’ve helped you myself but we are bot not knowledgeable in this so I will ask for Jackson’s help.” Minhyuk explained and Mark just sighed.

 

“Prince Minhyuk, stay. You need to learn this as well to assist Jooheon.” Jackson smiled at Minhyuk before bending down and getting a proper hook and bait from the kit. He gingerly inserted the bait on the hook and lured the hook into the rod with expertise before handing it to Mark. “Jooheon will need your assistance if he does this, it will be easier for the alpha.” Jackson explained before gesturing to Henry and Jinki who were both taking this seriously.

 

Minhyuk noticed how Ryeowook and Jonghyun were by their mates’ side and was ready with whatever fishing gear or equipment their mates would need.

 

“Jackson, a little help?” Jooheon called out and Jackson ran to his cousin. “Sear please.” Jooheon said and Jacson picked up the spear and was already on attention as Jooheon reeled in his first catch. Jackson called out Minhyuk who ran to them and Jackson barked out instructions.

 

‘This could be big, Minhyuk, go behind Jooheon and support his back.” Jackson instructed and Minhyuk was quickly behind Jooheon, hands resting on Jooheon’s Back to support the prince’s spine as Jooheon reeled in the catch.

 

The fish was fighting but Jooheon was not going to let this one go. As he tugged at the line even more, Jackson saw the  tail and was ready to aim with the spear. “Jackson, any time now.” Jooheon called out and Jackson nodded, he aimed at the fish and soon, blood tainted the water. Jooheon then easily realled in the catch and Minhyuk’s eyes widened at the size of it. Jackson took a hook and helped pulled in the fish just as the monarchs gathered to see the size of the first catch.

 

“Big one son, good job.” Henry ruffled the prince’s hair and Jooheon beamed his father a smile.

 

Minhyuk was cheering loudly, much to the displeasure of Mark, and was calling out to the other participants how great his mate was. Luckily for Minhyuk, the people enjoyed his antics and they were fueled to get a catch of their own.

 

‘I think I need to rest, that was a work out.” Jooheon said and Minhyuk happily led him to the rooms while calling Hyungwon to bring in towels and food for Jooheon.

 

Hoseok approached Jackson and told the prince that he’ll take care of it so Jackson retreated and went back to sit on the chair while Bambam handed him a towel and water. Mark snorted, it was not that great. He focused his attention to the sea, several boats were littered across it, and Mark grew bored. But when a tug on his line was noticed, he was left clueless. Lucky for Mark, Jackson was observant and aided him like how he aided Jooheon. Mark was clueless really so Jackson told him to reel in the line a few rounds then hold it as he pull the rod before reeling in again. Mark took the advise and he was trying to bring the fish on board. Jackson placed a hand on Mark’s back to support the prince and gently instructed him to either reel or pull. When Jackson saw the fish was close to the surface, Jackson let the prince go and took the spear from the deck. He then eyed the fish before shooting the spear at it. Mark was able to reel in the fish and to everyone’s surprise, it was slightly bigger than Jooheon’s.

 

“You did great your majesty.” Jackson smiled at him and then turned to Bambam to assist Mark with a a towel and some water.

 

 

Mark ended up winning the coveted first place, much to Yunho’s chagrin, and was given a plaque to commemorate. Mark took it gratefully and gave it to Yunho who was smiling. When they returned to the palace, they saw several servants running and Kihyun seeing Shownu and Jaebum’s return, called them both to the servant’s wing.

 

A few tense moments later, they all heard a piercing cry from a new born and everyone was relieved; Jinyoung delivered Youngjae safely. They couldn’t wait to meet the young one and as soon as Jinyoung was cleaned and stitched up, they all piled to meet the new born. Jackson was smiling as he approached the bed and jinyoung smiled back. “Youngjae looks like a mix of you both.” Jackson informed Jinyoung who nodded and cooed at the baby.

 

“He has to stay for at least 4 months.” The doctor explained to Jaebum.

 

“You can stay here.” Jooheon assured the guard.

 

“But what about Prince Mark?” Jaebum asked then looked at the prince.

 

“He can have Hyungwon for the mean time, and Hoseok hyung too.” Minhyuk offered. “Besides, I am sure Hoseok hyung needs to visit Hyungwon’s family for an official business.” Minhyuk hinted and the two blushed scarlet.

 

“I don’t have a choice do I?” Mark said dryly and left.

 

Youngjae must have been a perceptive child because once Mark left, he cried loudly. Jinyoung tried to make him stop but was not helping. But when Kihyun entered with Changkyun on his arms, and the three month old grabbed the new born’s hand, the room went silent and everyone was looking at the two.

 

“Have they found their soulmates?” Minhyuk whispered to Jooheon who just gave him a dimpled smile.

 

 

 

------

 

 

 

 

a/n: did you know I tortured myself listening to Whitney Houston’s I will always love you and Celine Dion’s My heart will go on while writing this? I am really trying to get those emotions out as I write this one because really, I want everyone of you to feel the pain Jackson’s experiencing. Not that I hate him. I explained it very much to everyone why I am building up the angst.

 

But to calm everyone, a sweet ending would be given if you all hold on for a little while longer. We are  in the half way point (of the timeline at least).

 

 

And yes I ship changjae because the two 96 liners are the ‘outcast’ in their groups in terms of OTP.

 

Can babies find their bond mates? Well I believe that they can. Hahahah