Final.

Decision
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was on a serene weather that Sana decided to take a breather at the park. She sat by the bench, inhaling the soothing smell of nature.

A long, heavy sigh escaped , expecting her tiredness to go along with it. The pain inside her chest, the pain of loneliness, it was excruciating.

Sana was brought back to reality when she saw a growing, familiar figure. She squinted her eyes, trying to analyse it.

"Oh no, please tell me it's not her," she mumbled to herself, "please, please, please, please." Sana clenched her fists, still keeping her eyes shut.

As if her soul has escaped from her body, she stopped breathing and didn't even move a muscle when something touched her.

"Hey," still frozen. "I didn't ask you to play dead with me."

At that moment, she knew she couldn't do anything. In an instant, Sana loosened all the screws in her body, started breathing and actually moved to the side a little bit to give the girl some space.

--

The rustling sound of leaves, children giggling here and there, uneven footsteps of passersby were the only sound that can be heard that time.

"So," they both cracked the silence. The girls didn't really expect that to happen that they chuckled synchronously.

Dahyun, being polite to the older girl, put a smile on her face and said, "you first."

Sana just smiled listening to the sound of Dahyun's voice. This girl hasn't changed at all, Sana thought to herself, look at her being all smiley and respectful as always.

Confused Dahyun felt uneasy upon seeing Sana staring at her adoringly. "Umm, do I have something on my face?" she said while reaching for her phone.

Before Dahyun can even adjust her eyes on her reflection, Sana said, "yes, I mean n-no."

"Oh, no wonder I can't see anything here," she, then, let her phone sleep in her pocket and faced the older girl.

Sana could feel Dahyun's anticipation towards their conversation. She can see it in the other girl's eyes.

"Well you know what? I know nobody asked or told me to say this, but," she stopped, turned to Dahyun, exchanging glances; a pair of eyes were still sparkling with excitement.

She inhaled every oxygen provided by the nature, here goes nothing, Sana.

"the smile that I've missed the most.. was on your face just now."

The atmosphere went extremely quiet so quick; faster than the speed of light, so quiet; you could hear an army of ants marching. Sana's mind was flooded with the idea of kicking herself for saying such things.

"I'm so sorry Dahyun, I didn't mean t-"

"Unnie," Dahyun said with her hands covering , eyes were still widened, hearts pounding so fast it could burst in anytime,

"when did you become so cheesy?" Dahyun's words followed by her hands reaching for the tangerine-coloured hair, trying to cover her blushing face. What an adorable little Dubu.

Sana could feel she was being

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter