Final

Ten Hours In My Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

10.00 pm

TAEYEON's POINT OF VIEW

I look into my watch, it’s 10 pm. I missed my flight. It supposed to be at 8 pm but I couldn’t make my way. I still couldn’t believe what I just saw couple hours ago.

“I love you Tiff, but why did you do this to me...” I can’t say anything else. I hold my tears but I can’t anymore, suddenly I find myself crying . Tears fall and I feel like I can’t breath. “Uhh..”, it is so hurt me inside. I don’t know what should I do now. I’m so lost..

Tiffany is my first ever girl crush – and I think that it will be the last indeed. I met her in my first year at the college. We toke same major, which was interior design. We were being friend and we always played around together. But wait, not only us. There was a boy who was being my friend since high school. He is Dean. He also toke the same major with us. Three of us were kind of school's gang back then in the college era. Dean silently fell for me. He kept it for years before finally made his confession when we were in the second year of college. I definitely didn’t have same feeling but I accepted him as my boyfriend. I just did it to hide my true feeling.

I am feeling dizzy now. I get up from my seat and walk away to the washing room. Here are still a lot of people on the airport. Like yeah, it is New York, a super busy place.

I am heading to the bathroom. I open the door and right away I wash my face in the sink, but wait, I hear someone crying. There are three cubicles with the last one is closed.

“Are you crying? Can I help you with something?”

 

YOONA POINT OF VIEW

“Are you crazy??!! Seunggi oppa!! Do you just leave me here? YYAAA!!!!”

I yell at him but he do not even looked back at me. He just walk away. I can see his back slowly disappeared from my sight.

“I can’t believe you just leave me like this…..” I hold my tears, try to control myself. It is very embarrassing because people are looking at me as I just shout.

“Oh my God”, I can’t even move my legs. “ Ottokeeee….”

 

***

 

I’m sitting in the toilet in the last cubicle at the airport’s bathroom now. I think there is no one here. I can’t hold my tears anymore. I cry a lot. I hope that no one can hear me.

“How dare you, Lee Seunggi!! I know something suspicious happen between you two. But, I thought you would admit it and apologize…. But… WHAEEEEE!!!…. WHAEEEEEE!!!!”

“Are you crying? Can I help you with something?” suddenly someone's voice wake me up from my unnecessary lamentation.

 

NO ONE's POINT OF VIEW

Yoona slowly steps out from the cubicle.

Yoona: “Ah, thank you, I’m fine.” She is murmuring to herself “Pabo!!” (with super slowly voice, but Taeyeon still can hear it)

Taeyeon: “Oh good, you are Korean!!”

Yoona: “Oh, annyonghaseyo..”

(then they speak in Korean language till the end of this story )

Taeyeaon: “You are such a crybaby...”

Yoona: “Wait, whattt??!!! How long have you been here”

Taeyeon: “Long enough to hear you crying oh my God so loudly. Haha You are indeed a crybaby….” Then suddenly Taeyeon realize that her words was not polite….. “Ah sorry, I don’t mean it. Sorry…..” she added.

Yoona: “It’s ok since you already hear it”. (with her “magic” pout)

Taeyeon can’t help but giggling and whispering, “So cute….”

Taeyeon: “Ah, yes.. I’m Kim Taeyeon. It’s nice to meet Korean here. It’s my firs time to NY.”

Yoona: “I think that it will be better if we continue this conversation outside, right?”

Then they go out and walk to the airport hall, while they are continuing their conversation.

“I’m Yoona, Im Yoon A.” She notices the red eyes of Taeyeon but decides not to mention it.

“So, what are you doing here? You seem like high school student but I can’t see the elders around. Are you here alone?” Taeyeon asked with a little curiousity.

Now they are sitting in the main hall of the airport. They see people passing by and still continue the conversation. It’s like that they feel comfortable with each other since they are both Korean in the far-away-place from their “home”.

Yoona: “What!! Haha. Nice try...”

Taeyeon: “What? I’m not kidding.. Where are your parents??? haha.” Taeyeon keeps joking. She hopes that she can make the crying baby girl forget her sadness before.

Yoona: “Yaaa.. it’s not like that I’m a kid and you are an adult??” Yoona said while her eyes scanning Taeyeon's body like saying that the girl in front of is shorter than her.

Yoona: “I’m a second year college student, so I should call you unniie or what?”

Taeyeon: “Ah, of course. You can call me unniie. Don’t you dare to underestimate me just because I am smaller than you. Haha.”

They keep talking to each other and the atmosphere becomes very friendly.

Taeyeon: “So, wanna tell me a story?”

Yoona: “What? About you found me crying? Ah, lets talk about it later. Do you wait someone to pick you up? You said it is your first time here. Don’t you want to go somewhere? Ah sorry for wasting your time with keep talking with me.. unniie….”

Taeyeon: “Nope. I missed my flight earlier, so………...”

Yoona: “WHAAATTTTT???? Are you serious??? So what will you do then?”

Taeyeon: “I just decided to buy a ticket for tomorrow morning flight. Just wait a sec!”

Taeyeon suddenly walks away (half running actually) to get her new ticket flight to Seoul.

 

In the meantime, in her seat, Yoona keeps mumbling to herself.

 

“Pabo Yoong!!!” Yoona keeped whispering to herself how stupid she was. “Huft.. Someone caughts me crying a lot in the public toilet! OMG!”she tried to forget it but it was so embarrassing for her.

Then her tough couldn’t help to wonder why Taeyeon missed her flight and what will she does now.

“Taeyeon unniie… You look so sad just like me. I bet you just washing your face to hide your after-crying-eyes in the washroom before, right?” Yoona keep doing self-talking.

“You are such a good and nice person. It’s strange that I feel close with you, like we just know each other but……. You are so warm. I knew that you tried to calm me down….”

“Ah stupid Yoong! Why did I waste all my energy just for that bas***d! But, oppa…. Why??”

 

While Yoona is falling deeper to her daydreaming, suddenly Taeyeon appears with two cup of ice-coffee blended in her hands.

“It’s nice, just try it!” Taeyeon gave one of the drinks to Yoona. She looks surprise.

Taeyeon: “Ah sorry for surprising. I just have my ticket for tomorrow morning flight. So, how about you? What did you do in the airport? I think that it is not like you just arrived since I can see there are no luggages with you. And I also think that you are not here to escorte your parents since I know you will not crying just because your parents left, right?”

Taeyeon: “But it is OK if you do not want to talk about it, but are you suppose to go home or do you plan to stay here all night? Yeah… just like me….”

Yoona: “Wait… Teyeon unniie.. So you will stay here until tomorrow morning? Oh no, you can’t.”

Taeyeon: “There is nowhere that I can go, so...”

Yoona: “Why aren’t you go with me. To my place, it will be fun having a friend in my apartment so yeah I will no more lonely, at lease for one night”.

Taeyeon: “Are you sure?”

Yoona: “Why not. I can take you to the airport tomorrow morning. It sounds good, isn’t it?”

Taeyeaon: “Only if you insist….” Taeyeon agreed, with a little smile on her face, showing her sweet dimple.

Yoona: “So let’s go...” Yoona said while she is grabbing Taeyeon’s hand.

 

***

 

11.00 pm

“Taxi!!!!"

Yoona and Taeyeon take a taxi heading to the higher-girl’s place.

Yoona: “His name is Lee Seunggi”, she decided to bring her problems up with Taeyeon in her side inside the taxi along the way to her place.

Taeyeon: “What?”

Yoona: “My EX-boyfriend who dumped me like couple hour

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter