do you

oh boy (come and light me up)

Seungwan was playing I Spy by herself, as she always did to kill time. However, she was getting tired of the game after continuously playing for the past thirty minutes. Sure, the airport has a lot of things going on, but today she only felt restless. Turning to her left, Seungwan wondered if Joohyun wanted to join her. The more the merrier, right?

 

“Joohyun unnie, play I Spy with me,” Seungwan tugs on said unnie’s arm in hopes of increasing the chances of a yes.

 

“Yerimie exists, Wan.” Joohyun replies curtly without looking, attention focused solely on the k-drama on her phone. Seungwan pouts harder—that wasn’t a yes. Joohyun doesn’t spare a glance, merely emitting a tiny squeal when Yoon Siyoon accidentally kisses Park Shinhye.

 

Seungwan holds out her pout for another three seconds—I Spy, I Spy, I Spy—before huffing in frustration. “Yerimie is not here, unnie.” Seungwan says exasperatedly, flailing her arms out to gesture at the absence of the girl.

 

“Then go find her. I am busy and cannot afford to entertain you right now. You see, episode five awaits me.” Joohyun shooing Seungwan off, then proceeds to shift around and make herself comfortable on the metal seat.

 

Seungwan goes back to playing I Spy by herself for another ten minutes until Yerim makes her appearance. With an ice cream cone in one hand. Seungwan lets out a whoop and makes grabby hands at the dessert. Yerim swiftly pulls the cone out of reach.

 

“Excuse me, woman. Go get your own.” Yerim points toward the direction of the shop a few meters away. The she-devil smirks and the ice cream with much more fervor this time. “Delicious.” Yerim smacks her lips exaggeratedly before taking the seat beside Joohyun.

 

A few minutes later, Seulgi returns, busy shoveling ice cream into and settles beside Seungwan. She nudges Seungwan to get her attention and lifts the ice cream cone to offer her some of it. Seungwan throws Yerim the stink eye before biting off a generous chunk—holy cold!!

 

A strangled noise bursts out and her hands flap awkwardly to ease the displeasure in .

Seungwan gasps and her expression twists into discontent. Yerim looks over and starts cackling at the sight. Joohyun immediately exits out of Youtube and opens the camera app because the moment called for it to be saved and re-watched at least ten times. Seulgi goes back to finishing her ice cream.

 

Sooyoung finally gets back from the restroom after almost an hour, missing out entirely. Fortunately, Joohyun unnie got her back.

 

 

The watch on her wrist tells her that they only have half an hour to go until the flight gates open. Seungwan decides to get herself some chewy candy to counteract the popping ears when the plane takes off. She informs the others and received nods and grunts before heading off to a nearby duty free store.

 

As she pops one apple flavored jellybean into , Seungwan figures she could wander around for a bit before going back to the others. A group of guys around her age chattering loudly passes by her and she could have sworn they were celebrities. They were dressed nicely, and had nice faces too, although she only caught a quick glance. They were tall, blocking the lighting for a second. Seungwan pouts for the third time that day. She could only dream of growing taller at the age of 23.

 

One of the guys was wearing a grey hoodie, and Seungwan catches sight of a phone peeking out halfway. As the guy continues to walk, the phone slides out just a little bit more. Seungwan’s eyes widen, the phone was now balancing precariously on the edge of the guy’s pocket hem. It was like watching a car crash—she couldn’t do anything except stare unblinkingly and silently tail the group.

 

Suddenly, the guy lunges forward to walk alongside another guy—wow, mint green hair—and the phone falls out of the pocket and into its doom—

 

—But no—not today, Seungwan thinks as she throws her body forward, and stretches her arms out to snag the phone before it touches the gleaming marble floors. She lands on her knees with a muffled thud. . Crouching on the floor with a phone—that almost met its death—grasped tight in her hands, Seungwan feels invincible for a second and resists the urge to dab in her achievement. Is this how batman sunbaenim feels like? At least, until someone taps lightly on her shoulder.

 

“Hey, are you alright?” A soft voice accompanies the shoulder tap.

 

Seungwan whips around so fast she almost got herself whiplash to see a middle-aged lady holding her daughter’s hand, looking slightly concerned. Seungwan’s cheeks heat up quickly as she takes in her surroundings. A few passersby kept throwing her glances. The floor would have been a great help if it opened up and swallowed her.

 

“Yeah, I’m, uh, fine. Um, thank you.” Seungwan shakily replies as she scrambles to her feet, adjusting her sweater that had ridden up in her heroic save. The lady nods her head and goes on her way. Seungwan smiles nervously and gives a tiny wave to the little girl with the lady.

 

The weight of the phone in her hand jolts Seungwan of what happened a few seconds ago and she looks up to see the group moving further down, rounding a corner, and entirely disappearing from Seungwan’s sight. It seems like they didn’t notice Seungwan’s heroic save. Seungwan lets out a small eep and runs after the group.

 

Her own phone starts to ring in her bag and Seungwan slows down enough to dig it out and accept the call. A quick glance at her phone indicates the caller to be Joohyun unnie.

 

“Where are you? You have ten minutes to get your here.” Joohyun’s sharp tone could be heard clearly from Seungwan’s ty phone speaker.

 

“Sorry, unnie, I lost track of time.” Seungwan slightly worries her bottom lip with her teeth.

 

“Be quick.” And her phone beeps the end of the call.

 

Seungwan looks up to see the group still far up ahead. Ok, ten minutes, Seungwan. She drops her phone into her bag before breaking into a run.

 

 

 

Hello. Writing is very fun. Although I’m not very good at it and I take super long to do a short scene lol

What do you think? Should I continue?

Have a nice day ppl :D