Prologue

On Your Grave, Flowers Bloomed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

2011

 

He peeled his eyes open as his finger hit the last note of the song, and the sound of clapping could be heard shortly after that. Yoongi glanced over his shoulder, towards his duet partner who was smiling brightly to the sea of people with a violin in his left hand. His eyes wandered to the cheering crowd, and he could not stop himself from smiling as well as realization finally settled in him, comfortably.

They did it. Their first ever performance together. And it was a huge success.

Yoongi never thought he would enjoy being at the centre of the crowd as much as he did right now. Perhaps because Jimin was there with him, trusting and supporting him till the very end. For without him, Yoongi would not be able to do anything right – let alone performing in front over two hundred people.

The mint-haired male took a moment to bask in the attention they were getting, before he stood up and walked over towards his partner at the middle of the stage. They bowed two times, his mind still fuzzy because of the inner turmoil he was experiencing. His eyes roamed in the crowd, mildly hearing to Jimin’s ‘thank you’ and praises from their teachers, before he caught sight of a weeping kid sitting at the second row from the stage.

That somehow cleared his thoughts, and his senses were sharpened again.

In the dark, Yoongi could scarcely see his boyish features, and the way his face flickered with boisterous emotions. How he looked sad, and touched, and happy all at the same time. And it was all because of their performance. Yoongi was a little astonished of the effect it had on him and how expressive the boy could be, and thought he could never be like him.

Next to him, Jimin was saying something to the audience – how this performance was a dream came true for them, and how thankful they were to be here. Jimin was always the one to talk in this kind of situation, because Yoongi was never good with words, especially in social gathering. And he was so grateful to have him to speak on his behalf.

Yoongi did not really listen to him however, too lost in his own world. He was unsure how long he had been staring but the kid seemed to notice because he smiled even wider, with tears still dripping down his face. And then the light went on, giving Yoongi full view of him.

What the mint-haired saw set him frozen at his spot.

The boy turned out looking much younger than he expected – he could not be older than a middle schooler, and he was so pretty it caught Yoongi off guard. But what surprised him even more was the light blue hue radiating his figure. It was such a beautiful glow, but it gave off a deadly threat.

As quick as his heart beating against his chest, his smile faltered.

Beauty is a wicked gift. It never lasts for long. And it was the same for the light, as well as the pretty kid.

‘He will die soon,’ Yoongi thought bitterly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter