Final

If I only knew you

 


 

 

A strong gust of wind blew against my face. The sky was an expanse of sapphire blue, the white fluffy clouds drifted across the sky. It was a bright and sunny morning. The voices of small birds chirping back and forth to one another can be heard. I want to smile and enjoy the view in front of me but the smile turn into a sad one.

 

''Yah, don't you hear us?'' Hyemin, the pretty one said while held my hair up, making me tip toe on my shoes. I flinch by her action and my eyes can't help but to glare at her because of her bad manner. She smirks as she saw my not-so-dangerous glare and suddenly, she slaps me hard on my cheek. 

''You're try to fight back, don't you?'' This time, Chaerin throws a water straight to my face, making my eyes closed from the water impact. Three of them laugh hysterically, have fun watching me being torture by them in this good weather. 

''Let me go!'' I scream my heart out and try my best to escape from their grip but like usual, I always failed to run away from them and I need to receive all the punch and kick from them. 

''Listen Sejong ah, if you tell the teacher, we won't be responsible what will happen to you next.'' Serri suddenly pinch my hand hard, making a strong mark on it and warn me before they left me alone on the rooftop. 

 

After their shadow can't be seen anymore, I fall on my knee. My tears finally break out as I held my chest hard. This time my heart have betray me as the hot tears finally escaped from my eyes. This is too much. For them, this sunny weather always turn out to be good to treat me this way but for me, this is like a storm. I hate to be trapped in this kind of situation where I'm their prey while they are the predator. 

My hair and uniform become slightly wet after received a hit of water on my face earlier. I look at my hand and knee slowly. The blue-pink color can be seen clearly on both of my hand and leg. I can't help as I broke down and sobbed like a child. All the marks on my hand seems pretty bad and ugly.

I wipe my cheek carefully and let out a wary sigh. Even though my hand have become so ugly right now, I should accept it.

This is not my fault. This is their fault. I know I don't deserve this kind of treatment just because of I get a highest score in the class. This is totally wrong but what can I do? I can't do anything instead to swallow all their anger to me. 

 

''Okay Sejong ah, don't cry anymore and let's go to the class. Fighting. It's not your fault-

 

I try to persuade myself by caress my shoulder softly but I ended up crying after hearing my own words. I know this is not normal to cry after hearing my own words but believe me, after all the hardship I've been enduring all alone won't end, it somehow make me feel miserable.

I help myself to get up steadily by the time the recess has ended. I walk to the doorway and turn the knob open, showing the stairs to get down from the rooftop way. Slowly, I take a small step one by one and reach the second level where my class was. Strolling to the class, I give a hope to myself a bit. I keep saying in my mind a positive vibe to endure myself through this two hours class Even though I don't want to enter the class right now because of my look and all the bruise that covered my body, still I have no where to go instead of the class. 

 

''Yah girl, are you blind?'' Suddenly, I heard a hoarse voice behind me. I turn to my back and find out a guy with a blue green hair. Observing his figure and how he looks, he probably a new students since I never meet with him before. I didn't said anything instead I just bow to him a little bit, telling him that I'm sorry. 

 

His cold face stares at me but he didn't said anything. He just look at me from my head until my leg then he turns away. I feel so humiliated today. We just stand there doing nothing. Me? Of course I don't want to enter the class until the homeroom teacher comes. If I happen to get in the class by now, Hyemin, Chaerin and Serri will definitely bully me again. All my classmates don't even dare to fight back with them because of Hyemin's father own this school. She can always asks her dad to transfer someone that she doesn't likes to another school.

But, this guy, standing beside of me without doing nothing. I don't know why he did that.

 

''Come one guys, why are you guys just standing here. Let's get in the class.'' Mr Park finally comes and smiles at us. I let Mr Park enter the class first and then follow him slowly. To my surprised the cold face guy also follow me entering the class. I didn't expect that he would transfer to my class. 

 

I walk straight to my seat but suddenly, Hyemin stretch her legs out making me stumble and fall hard to my knee on the floor. Out of the blue, all the student's attention on me, laughing hard but some of them just give me a pity look as they can't do anything. The three of them laughing like a hyena after making me look like a fool. The cold face guy startled by the sound of me falling as he looks at me with no expression on his face. 

 

''Kim Sejong student, please be careful next time.'' Mr Park said. He knows Hyemin's attitudes is wrong but he just can't scold her. His career might stop here if he said anything to Hyemin. Of course Hyemin will report it to her dad. She is a spoil brat. 

''Thank you Mr Park. I will be careful next time.'' I said as I quickly go to my seat. Since my seat at the back and beside the window, I feel relieve a bit after being tortured all day. This is my healing time. Looking at the perfect view outside, I was strangely serene. 

''Okay class, we have a new student here and I hope you guys can become a friend with him.'' Mr Park said as he introduce the cold face guy in front. All the guys didn't seems so interested but it's different when it comes to a girls. They clap their hands and ask for his name. 

''Suga'' He simply said as his eyes drops on me.

''Okay Su-Suga student, welcome to this class. And you can sit over there.'' Mr Park said, unsure with his name while points his finger at my seat. Since I am Hyemin's target, all of the students is not allowed to sit with me. So, it's already been a long time since I don't have a sit partner. But not for today. Today is totally different. Today, I finally get a sit partner and it's feel strange.

 

The cold face guy or better I called him as Suga comes and sit beside me. He didn't said anything instead he just put his bag down on the desk and plop down himself on the chair. Mr Park starts his first lessons as soon as he puts down his book on his table.

 

''Yah.'' Suddenly, I heard Suga's voice as I slowly turn my head to him. His cold face freak me out everytime I need to make an eye contact with him. I look at him with a confusion. 

''I hate you.'' He simply said as he turns back in front. Shock by his words, I have nothing to said. My throat ached after hearing those words. I hold my tears back even though I have no point to do so. I have listen to those words all day long yet I still feel sad. Even the new student hates me.

 

I turn my head outside the window and slowly my tears drop down on my desk. I'm surprised by how fast my tears escape from my eyes as I quickly wipe the tears that fell on the desk. I don't want Suga knows about this side of me. He will hates me even more.

All of sudden, something touch my hand. I steal a quick glance at my hand and I saw a piece of paper under my book. Curious with the piece of paper, I take it unhurriedly and found one words on it.

 

Sorry - Yoongi

 

Yoongi? His real name is Yoongi but why is he telling..Only m-me? He didn't even tell others nor the homeroom teacher about his real name. I didn't expect that he would tell me his real name. My heart suddenly beat in a weird way. The beat where I never have an idea or I never feel before. I look at him slowly and find that he didn't look at me. His gaze fix on the white board as his cold face show no expression. I smile. Behind those cold face, I know there's a little sympathy built in there.

Thank you.

 

 

-

 

 

The school ended as one by one student already gone. I clean up my things as I quickly keep it in my bag. I can't wait here any longer when people keep missing one by one. I'm scared that I need to face with Hyemin, Chaerin and Serri. I don't know what they will do if there's no one in here except me and them. Good thing that Suga is still here with me.

 

''Kim Sejong. Let's go to karaoke today. You're our servant for today and forever.'' Serri said, taking a step closer to me while the others follow her closely. They smirk at me and give me a hint to listen to their words. I'm fall in dillema. I don't want to go but if I reject their invitation, only God know what will happen to me next. 

 

My gaze drop on Suga, who still sitting on his seat as his face show no interest to listen to our conversation. Hyemin goes next to him and smack his desk hardly, making me horrify by the sound. But Suga didn't even flinchs by her sudden action. He glares at her, making the three of them laughing at him. 

 

''Yah, transfer student. The class has already end. Get out from the class now, fool.'' Serri said in a no manner tone. 

 

Out of the blue, Suga get up from his seat while swing his bag on his back. They are shocked by his sudden action and take one step back. I look at him and pray that he doesn't leave me alone with them. I don't want to go with them. But then, I think God listen to my prayer when suddenly he takes my hand on his, making me stand up from my seat. 

 

''Don't. Disturb. Her. Again.'' He said in a calm way but I can feel how threaten his words are. Three of them looking at each other and start to laugh hysterically. Suga suddenly drags me to the doorway but being blocked by them. He let out a sigh and crashed into them while his grips on my hand become tense.

 

They scream and cursing to him but he didn't even stop his pace. I just follow Suga quickly because I want to escape from them. I don't want to be alone with them. It's extremerly dangerous. 

Suga leads me all the way out as he didn't look back even a second. Suga suddenly stops his movement, making my face hit his back hardly.

 

''Ouch.'' I groan while caress my forehead. For a second, we just stand there without doing nothing as his back is facing me. He didn't has any intention to turn behind. He let my hand go and walk away. Continue his pace, leaving me behind all alone.

''Suga ah.'' I called his name but he ignores my call. I run for him and keep calling his name, still he just continue his walk without even care to listen to me. I stop my pace and my gaze fix on his back that getting far away from me. 

''Yoongi ah..'' I said in a lower voice. He stops.

 

I'm surprised by his sudden action but I can't find myself to talk to him anymore. Nervousness take over me. My tongue froze on its way but I force myself to talk. I have a question for him and I want the answer too. A honest answer.

 

''You said that you hate me right but why did you drag me all the way here?'' I said, somehow the curious feeling steps over me. I really want to know the answer. 

''Fool.'' The only words that escaped from his mouth. My eyes widen to his only answer. He's angry with me? Why?

''Fool?'' I said. 

''Yes. Fool.'' He said, suddenly he turns his back and walk closer to me. Automatically, my leg take one step back. He stops when he realizes that.

''Why do you even let them touch you? Why do you let them hurt you?'' He said, his voice sound so serious in my ear. I feel scared to reply to him but I pick up all the courage inside of me to speak up. 

''Because..Be-Because..

 

I think I was ready to answer him but then I found myself still searching for those answer. I feel like a fool. I don't even know the answer. All this time, I just received all the hated from them and doing nothing. I thought it was right to just accept it but then I was wrong. I don't even think why did I even take all their negative behavior to me. 

 

''Because..'' The tears comes out like a bullet when I think back about all the memories that planted in my heart. All the high school memories, none of them is a good memories. Only the pain, scared, and the negative moment was hide in there. The good memories..I can't found it. Why did I didn't find it? 

''I hate you because you're fool. All your body was covered by the bruises and pain yet you're still didn't realized it.'' He said, take another step closer to me and surprisingly, I didnt' take a step back anymore. 

 

He's absolutely right about that. I was a fool. I didn't notice that. My face hang lower as my tears won't stop flow from my cheek. My hand feel numb for a second. My heart die. All this time, I endure with myself all alone without telling everyone about my situation and I was thinking that I'm doing a great job but today, it's feel like I've taken a wrong way from the start. 

 

''From the moment I come at this school, I can see how pain you are by looking at your eyes.'' He said. I grap my bag strap on my shoulder and my head hang low. 

''I see a lonely girl, battling with herself whether she should tells anyone about all the hardship she's being through alone or whether she should stay silent and accept all her fate by herself.'' He continues. The tears won't stop as I keep sniffing while avoid making an eye contact with him. 

''But right now, you shouldn't worry about that anymore.'' He said again, making my heart thump in a weird way. 

''Right now, you can always depend on me.'' He said again. Smiling. Seeing him smiling for the first time make my heart dancing in a tranquil rythm. He wipes away all the tears on my face and that time, I feel one feeling that I never met before come rush into my heart. It's feel like a cupid has been shot throught my heart. That time, I knew that I have fall in love with him and I've always believe in him. 

 

 

-

 

 

It's been a week that we've know each other and Suga always protect me whenever he sense a danger. The girls stop bullying me and sometimes they just give a death glare at me since they can't do anything. During this one week, my heart start to built up a nice memories with him and somehow, the old and bad memories have been erased slowly. I have known Suga better than before. Behind those cold face, there was a nice personality of him. I hope I can built all the good memories until I've graduated this high school. 

 

''Stay here. I have something for you.'' Suga said as he asks me to stay beside the cafe as his shadow suddenly missing from my vision. I smile as I'm happily wait for him to come back. 

 

The moment Suga left me, I saw something that make me run away. I keep running without looking back and I know they are following me in distance. I feel insecured. The scared feeling has been covered on my mind. Without aware with the path I took, I come into a small alley. I run into a big trash bin and quickly squat behind there. 

I heard a footsteps running after me and stop right in front of me. 

 

''Yah, where did she goes?'' I heard Chaerin's voice said while the others breathless and gasping for an air. 

''If I meet her, I will kill her.'' Hyemin's voice surprised me as my tremble leg suddenly kick the empty can. All of them have their attention on trash bin. I quickly closed my mouth with my palm and hoping that Suga will come to me. But I know that won't happen because how could Suga knows where I am right now.

''I found her.'' Serri voice out as she pull my hair with a violent and push me down on the ground. I feel scared all of sudden because all this time, I'm too hoping to Suga to protect me but right this moment, I don't know what should I do. I can't even fight back. 3 vs 1. Miracle won't happen. 

''Grab her arm.'' Hyemin commands the girls as they listen to what she said and they lift me up, standing in front of Hyemin while my arm being locked with their hands. 

''If you think that your knight armor beside you, we won't come to you then you're wrong.'' Hyemin said while punch my stomach for a few times. I gulp down my saliva hard since I need to bear with her strong punch. I didn't said anything instead I weigh myself up until my knees touch the ground.

 

The moment they try to corrected my position, I quickly push both of them and run away as fast as I can. They chased after me and I feel like myself lost for a moment and my leg lead me to the road way where the car is speeding toward me. I turn to my back and I saw the three of them looking at me in a surprise way. I didn't aware that I'm standing on the road, the sound of honks can be heard loudly and suddenly I feel flying on the air for a moment before come back on the ground. 

I heard screaming, someone is talking and I feel a huge amount of people surrounded me. That time, I taste a blood in my throat and I feel pain all of sudden. My vision become blur for a second but I convince myself to survive. 

I hear a familiar voice coming toward me and I lift my head a bit. Even it's hurt, I have an urgent to look at the voice way. There's my shining armor, running straight to me while holding a pink cotton candy. I smile. 

 

''What's wrong? Yah Kim Sejong, answer me.'' He said, flustered look at my position right now. I smile. Now that he's in front of me, I feel secured.

''Please call the ambulance!'' He shouts as he let go the cotton candy from his hand. Slowly, he lift my head up and put it on his laps. His desperate face, I hate it. I don't want he has that expression on his face because..because I feel like- I won't be able to look at his smiling face anymore. 

 

The vision become more unclear as my body become weak and my head keep spinning around. Maybe I know the meaning of his desperate face. 

 

''Yoongi ah, thank you for all the good memories.'' I said in a lower voice, the voice almost become to a whisper when I hear nothing coming out from my mouth after that. 

''No, don't thanks to me. You will be okay.'' He said, crying desperately while hold my hand tightly. I smile.

 

We're just met for only one week and everything has changed. I have built the good memories one by one, thanks to you. It's a fate that we're meeting each other. But, it won't last any longer. Now, I know what's the meaning of memories. It's okay to have a bad ones when the good ones will always cover it. As long as the good memories already planted in my heart. I regret nothing.

Instead of saying  I love you, I prefer to apologize to you because I know that saying those words will make you sad. I'm so sorry to enter into your life without shield, I'm sorry to always depend on you. I'm sorry for everything.

 

''I'm sorry.'' I said before my brain can't think anymore, my heart stop to beat and my hand not holding yours anymore. I heard a last cry from him before my eyes shut down tightly.

Now it's time to me to go. Goodbye my first love, Min Yoongi. If I only knew you for a long time, that would be great. 

 

 

-