Stuck

A Feeling

Grandmother held Hoseok's hand as she walked him into the doors of the estate. Hoseok held his breath, looking around in pure awe. Through a door led the family room, a grand area with a soft, beige rug beneath an oak coffee table to offset the deep mauve colors of the walls. In a corner was a very comfortable looking leather sofa. Entering the house more, Grandmother let go of his hand so the boy could wander. He hadn't noticed the photoframes once. He just kept walking around, not even breathing. She nodded for him to follow and so he did, into the large-scale kitchen that had a large, sparkly granite counter top in the middle. To the right of the countertop was a stainless steel fridge and a large cooking facility.

and there he stood. Chae Hyungwon.

Hoseok's unknown fiancé. But he wasn't exactly in the best suited clothing attire for his first encounter with Hoseok, to be completely honest. Hoseok stood transfixed on the latter, jaw slightly agape because of the fact Hyungwon was standing there shamelessly half , a toothbrush hanging from his mouth whilst rummaging through the refridgerator. Hyungwon was mumbling something under his breath, when he leaned back to catch a glimpse of Grandmother and Hoseok's frames in his peripheral view. 

He just simply waved at Grandmother, gut-wrenching gaze resting upon Hoseok.

"Whose the munchkin?"

The elderly woman cleared her voice, annoyance clearly shown on her face. "Hyungwon, dear, this is your fiancé, Hoseok."

Hoseok's gaze shot to the woman, mouth really just getting wider at this point, his ears turning a fuming (and quite alarming) shade of red, much like his face.

"What" was the only thing coming out of Hoseok's mouth

"You mean this kid?" He emphasized the last word with as much venom as would a poisonous snake. Hoseok was about to retort when Grandmother opened .

"Chae Hyungwon this boy is your fiancé whether you accept it or not. And you, Hoseok. I'm quite surprised your grandfather hadn't informed you beforehand. Your grandfather had agreed to wed you to Hyungwon in order to repay his debt towards us. We refused at first but seeing it as you're such a nice boy (and Hyungwon needs to learn manners) and you're quite understanding, this whole situation seems reasonable, Hyungwon's mother here had even agreed." She turned to Hyungwon now, eyes ablaze with pure anger. "Hyungwon. What did I tell you about walking around the house half ? We have guests frequently in this household and I dislike the fact you disregard my rules! You may be the heir to the buisness but that doesn't give you any right to be acting like you already own the world. Go change." Grandmother seethed through clamped teeth. All Hyungwon did was scoff, spin on his heels and lazily walk up the spiral stairs, swinging his damp toothbrush around while mumbling a few profanities.

Hoseok was still shaken, eyes now darting to the woman beside him. "Grandmother, what do you mean "fiancé?"" His face contorted into almost pure horror. Hyungwon didn't look very friendly. Especially not friendly enough to marry. 

 

––––––––––❀❃–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––❃✿❃––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––❃❀––––––––––

 

Grandmother had showed Hoseok to his room, a cozy but quite vast one with a large HD television hung up on one wall, a king sized bed resting upon the wall opposite to it. A large window from ceiling to floor was set in the middle of the room, setting sparkles and gleams across the frames and other slick surfaces in the room including the body-sized mirror. He had quietly entered the room, looking around. Hoseok tentatively glanced to his left and right, noting the singular bed and the full-sized closet with..clothes in it? Before he could ask about it, Grandmother announced she had to leave back to her previous business before fully retiring for the day. Hoseok tensed up when she informed him that Hyungwon was to show him around the rest of the wide-spread residence in the upcoming morning. Ignoring the fact he'd be alone for multiple hours still with Hyungwon, he placed his luggage onto the sizable bed. He pulled out his own clothes, them being fresh being Grandmother refused to allow the boy to keep his "rags", as she liked to call them. Hoseok stumbled over to the closet, tripping slightly on his own two feet, still becoming comfortable in the scenario he's in. 

He briskly opened the closet further, to be greeted with even more (quite expensive looking) clothing that clearly does not belong to himself. Shrugging it off without suspecting a thing, he began to reach for a hanger when he heard the door open. He swung himself around and tilted his head out of the closet to get a look at who had entered.

Hyungwon.

Choking on his own saliva, Hoseok just gaped at the older boy. He was wearing a white shirt that drooped past his broad shoulders to reveal his swimming-pool deep collarbones. Hyungwon was also consisting of ripped skinny jeans (a classic) that hugged his legs perfectly. Hoseok really was just starstruck as he stood there. Hyungwon at this point was staring back, fuming with rage without the latter noticing. Hoseok's head tilted to the side like a bird, and his big doe eyes shone. The eldest stormed over and yanked the boy out of the closet with a yelp.

"What the literal are you doing inside my closet, midget?"

"I–I was told this was m–my room" was all Hoseok could say as his face bloomed into a crimson, ears burning hot. The distance between Hyungwon and Hoseok shortened until the giant had to lean down to whisper into the latter's ear. "Why are you in my closet." He repeated with a raspy morning voice. He backed away, internally pleased with the flustered mess he caused. Low rumbles came from Hyungwon's chest as he bore holes maniacally into Hoseok's own set. Dropping the conversation knowing Hoseok was too nervous to answer, he grabbed the jacket Hoseok was trying to hang. He stuffed it into the luggage, picked it up and began to storm to one of the guest bedrooms across from his own. Dazed and flustered, Hoseok followed timidly, imaginary tail tucked between his legs. 

Hyungwon, with a deep monotone voice, began to speak. "This is your room, that one is my room. Remember that and stay out. I didn't ask for this. Neither of us did but I especially didn't." Hoseok shrunk back as he spit out the last sentence. "I especially don't appreciate a little brat sneaking into my room and rummaging through my things. Know your place, midget." and with that, Hyungwon stormed back to his cave, standing tall and his ego practically coming off in waves.

Hoseok really was worried for his life. Chae Hyungwon was a very tall 17 year-old, staggering at a height of 175 cm, while Hoseok was a mere 162. Hyungwon could easily pop Hoseok if he wanted to, despite being the epitome of a human-praying-mantis. Hoseok sulked into his new room, gazing around hazily. The tint of the teal walls contrasted well with the light grey bedsheets, really drawing attention to all the wall decor. Throwing his luggage onto the twin bed, he began to explore. Hoseok looked over to the window, cracking it open so fresh air could get in. He blew at the shelving that was set in a corner and dusted it off. Picking out a book he wiped off the spine and looked at the title. Hoseok did this until all the books were cleaned off and looked newer than what they had previously seemed. He then made his way to the closet, noting a couple old hoodies and dress shirts were left behind. They seemed to be his size, so he didn't mind and picked them all off, plopping them into the laundry basket near the bathroom doorway. Hoseok walked over and looked at the bedside table. A photo of Hyungwon's family was placed crookedly in the frame. He blew at it gingerly, looking at the toothy smile 4 year old Hyungwon produced.

Geez, what happened to him? Why can't I have the nice Hyungwon? Hoseok mentally moped.

Hoseok was wandering around the room when his eyes set upon a digital clock.

It was already an hour till midnight, and at this point Hoseok didn't feel like bearing with the real world anymore. He collapsed on his bed, mentally reminding himself to put away his clothes in the morning. He laid on the bed in the same attire he had entered in, and drifted off to sleep, not even noticing the door creaking open.