Restart

Things You Cannot Help

 

Y/N

//6:00pm

I stare wordlessly at the sleeping boy next to me. My junior at work. The light of the setting sun from outside the airplane window lands softly on his hair, illuminating his image. I avert my eyes and reach over to pull down the winder cover as a way of silently apologising for the foul mood I'd shown him earlier. 

Mimicking him, I shove my earphones in and close my eyes trying to sleep, hoping that my mood would return from its gleeful trips to hell by the time i woke up.

Seoul was the destination. And it was also the reason for my current state of mind.

I'd moved from Australia to Japan to LA and then Prague. Because that was what my job had required in the last 3 years. BigHit Entertainment, JYP Entertainment and Starship Entertainment- I'd been informed that these three companies were working on a collaboration series with a chance of other companies joining. These companies were perfectly capable of producing their own shows, their own stages and their own videos but I'm guessing that our company was tossed into the lot to add more excitement. Ontop of producing this event, our Director went and signed some kind of exclusive contract with BigHit for BTS' next comeback. Should be fun I thought to myself. But the thought of seeing him pulled dully at the memories of sleepless nights and left a heavy feeling in my chest.

______________

Y/N

//4:00am, Incheon Airport

It would seem that due to the lack of sleep I'd received and because of the constant position i had to stay in for over 10 hours, my mood has ventured even deeper into hell. The boy who sat next to me, Haneul, jogs up to me with a boyish grin, the rest of my crew slowly making their way towards me with their heavy luggage and jet lagged bodies. "You guys can all go. I'll go in to see their manager, don't be late for work tomorrow." i say dismissing the team. Everyone gives me a loud 'yes' before shuffling off.

"You can go too, Haneul-ah", I say turning to him, running a hand through my messy hair, "Do you know the way to their office?" he asks worriedly.

"Yeah, don't worry" I reply tiredly.

//

I stopped by my apartment for a quick shower and a change of clothes before I went out the door and headed for the Bighit Building right before dawn. Icicles formed at my doorstep from the negative degree temperature but I paid it no mind, in fact the cold was something i enjoyed. Stuffing my hands into my pockets, i trudged my way to the bus stop, enjoying the way my breath looked in the cold air.

//

The meeting was rather informal and friendly, it was a series of humble greetings and coffee offerings ending with the manager escorting me to the door with a stack of documents in my arms. I hear footsteps and murmurs behind me and turn around to see a familiar boy approaching us with his boxy smile. 

"Manager-nim!", he greets, jogging up to us, brown hair flopping all over the place. I offer a quick bow and he looks at me questioningly. 

The manager refers to me, "Eoh, yes this is ________-ssi, she is in charge of the production team for our upcoming project with Starship and JYP", he says, "What are you doing here, Taehyung? Should'nt you be at the Studio practicing?" he continues disapprovingly.

Taehyung offers me a bright smile and a quick bow before hastily holding out a folder to his manager, "Jungkook asked me to give you this."

"I think he meant for you to give it to Bang PD-nim, Taehyung..."

Taehyung let out a startled "oh!" before laughing and quickly taking back the folder, "Sorry!I'll get going then" he says, doing another bow and taking off up the stairs.

"Lyrics?" I ask

"Oh yes, how did you know?" The manager asks, turning to me smiling in surprise. I shrug, "i know many things, sir", flashing a mischievious grin.

 

_______________

JK

 

Jungkook steps into the office at exactly 6:25am to submit lyrics in to PD-nim with Taehyung  trailing not far behind him. He had expected to leave in a matter of minutes and head straight to the Studio to practice but instead he sees her talking to his manager. Perhaps it was the image of her smirking defiantly up at his manager or because she still uses the same candied red colour lipgloss, but he couldn't look away. She bursts out laughing and his manager smiles in defeat, They had been joking. And perhaps it was because the stars were still bottled up in her eyes they way they were before that made him turn around and walk out the door before she could see him.

He shoves the folder and usb into Taehyungs hands, "Sorry hyung, I forgot that I had something to do. Could you give these to PD-nim for me?"

"Huh? Yeah, okay..." the older boy replies confused, "Just don't be late to practice or Jimin will strangle you later" he says smacking his maknae on the back.

Jungkook laughs, "Yeah okay, hung. See you later", he grins walking off.