1.

Intrigued

An eleven year old Heehyun was walking round the corridors of Hogwarts, trying to find her way around. She would've been doing it with her best friend, but unfortunately Kim Nayoung had been dragged off by one of her other friends, Kim Sejeong. Sejeong was a Gryffindor, Nayoung was shocked when she found out she wouldn't be in the same house as Sejeong, but it wasn't going to stop them spending time together, even though seeing a Gryffindor and a Slytherin hanging around together was a rare sight. Heehyun turned back to return to the Slytherin common room. However, she when she turned she walked straight into someone, sending them both tumbling to the ground.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" The other girl gasped.

Heehyun was about to grumble something along the lines of "watch where you're going" when she looked up and was instantly captivated by the other girl's beauty.

"Uh... It's okay, it was my fault anyway for not looking where I was going." Heehyun mumbled, getting up quickly before helping the other girl up. "I... Uh..." Heehyun glanced away. "I'm Heehyun, what's your name?"

"I'm Jung Chaeyeon!" The other girl said with a bright smile. "I'm awfully sorry for bumping into you like that, I'm pretty sure it was my fault! I really wasn't focusing! Are you okay?"

Chaeyeon began poking Heehyun's shoulders and her cheeks, frowning.

"I'm fine, don't worry." Heehyun laughed.

"That's good! Anyway, I have to go now, or else I'm gonna be in a lot of trouble for being late. The prefects told us not to be late. Bye, Heehyun! See you around!" Chaeyeon said, before rushing off down the corridor.

Heehyun watched as the other girl ran off, before letting out a small sigh and continued her way back, eventually finding the Slytherin common room again.

 

Heehyun didn't see Chaeyeon again for a while. They weren't in any of the same classes, which disappointed Heehyun a little. She wanted to get to know this Jung Chaeyeon girl more. She seemed nice.

One Friday afternoon, Heehyun was sat outside with Nayoung and Sejeong.

"Nayoung, did you really have to knock that boy out when you were walking down the stairs?" Sejeong was complaining. "You're going to get in so much trouble for that, do you realise? And you shouldn't even be able to do that spell yet! We haven't learnt that one!"

"He shouldn't have walked into me!" Nayoung grumbled. "But then again, he was a Hufflepuff, you expect them to be dumb."

Sejeong gasped. "Nayoung! That's not nice!"

Nayoung just laughed. "Don't worry about it, Sejeong. It's not like you think any differently, you just choose not to say it like I do."

"That's not true..." Sejeong mumbled.

Meanwhile, Heehyun was trying to complete some homework. She'd been given an essay from her Potions teacher... Well, it wasn't really an essay. It was more of just a detention that her teacher couldn't be bothered to sit with her through, so she'd been told to write a hundred lines of I must not laugh when other students in the class get hurt. But Heehyun wasn't the only one that laughed. She thought it was unfair, but she wasn't going to complain. She didn't want anything worse. She'd heard things from the older students, like being forced to go into the Forbidden Forest and spend the whole night in there with all the creatures. Even though Heehyun was tough, the thought of that still scared her. She was halfway through when she heard a familiar voice nearby. She glanced up and saw the Hufflepuff girl, Jung Chaeyeon. And it seemed that Chaeyeon had seen her too, because she waved. Heehyun waved back.

"Who's that?" Sejeong asked.

"Just a girl I bumped into a while ago... Literally." Heehyun mumbled.

"A Hufflepuff?" Nayoung snorted. "You're friends with a Hufflepuff?"

"Nayoung!" Sejeong hissed.

Heehyun shrugged. "We're not really friends. I've only ever spoken to her once, and it was on like... The first day."

Another girl suddenly ran up to their table out of nowhere. Heehyun saw that she was a Gryffindor.

"Sejeong! Can you help me and the others with something?" The girl asked.

"Of course, Hyeri! What is it?" Sejeong asked.

"Oh, it's a nightmare!" The girl, apparently called Hyeri, said. "Sohye was showing us her toad in the common room, and it escaped! Can you help us find it?"

Sejeong nodded eagerly with a bright smile. "Of course!" Then she turned to Nayoung and Heehyun. "See you two later!" And with that, Sejeong was running off with the other girl.

"Now I think about it, some of the Gryffindor girls are weird too..." Nayoung mumbled, shaking her head. "I still can't believe Sejeong's one of them."

"Did you expect her to be a Slytherin?" Heehyun scoffed. "Sejeong's too nice for that, idiot."

"Well, it's not like I knew what house we'd be put in!" Nayoung sighed, before looking up to see Chaeyeon approaching them. "Seems your Hufflepuff pal is coming over, that means it's time for me to go, bye Heehyun!" Nayoung said, before dashing off.

Chaeyeon approached the table, before sitting down opposite Heehyun.

"Hi, Heehyun! I haven't seen you in a while. How are things?" Chaeyeon asked.

"Hi Chaeyeon. Things are good, I guess. Apart from this." Heehyun said with a sigh, pointing to the piece of paper in front of her with her lines on.

"Oh, did you get in trouble for something?" Chaeyeon asked.

Heehyun nodded. "Somebody got hurt and I laughed. I was the only one that got punished though, which isn't fair."

Chaeyeon frowned. "That's not very fair. But I'd be fine with just lines. The prefects told me that once a boy complained about getting detention like that and they made him go into the Forbidden Forest and he almost died because he got attacked by a troll!"

"I'd never want to go in there." Heehyun said. "The older students told us that they had to stay a night there once. I'd hate to do that."

There was silence for a moment, before Chaeyeon spoke.

"I was sad when I found out we wouldn't have any lessons together, Heehyun. But when I was telling my friends about you, they said that Slytherins only cause trouble, but you don't seem like that! Well, at least not with me. Obviously you have been in trouble but... Not in the bad way! Like, you wouldn't hurt anyone!" Chaeyeon tried to explain.

"Did you hear about the girl who used the Jelly-Legs Jinx on someone?" Heehyun asked.

Chaeyeon gasped, before nodding. "I heard she was a first year student as well! I wouldn't dream of doing that--"

"It was me." Heehyun said with a smirk.

Chaeyeon just stared at her for a moment, before gasping again. "Heehyun! You shouldn't do that! Didn't you get in a lot of trouble?"

Heehyun shook her head. "Not really. I just had a few house points taken away and was told to not do it again. I just acted like I didn't know what it was that I'd done."

"Chaeyeon!" A girl called. "Are you coming?"

Chaeyeon turned around. "In a second!"

"Where are you off to next then?" Heehyun asked, laughing. "Will I ever see you again?"

"I have to go and do some homework, one of the older students is going to tutor me!" Chaeyeon started to get up. "Of course we'll see each other again! We should try and meet up more. You're nice. Bye Heehyun!"

Chaeyeon ran off to her friend, and the two went inside.

 

After that, Chaeyeon and Heehyun decided to meet up every Friday afternoon when they were free. Heehyun tried her best to not get any detentions on Fridays, but occasionally it happened and she'd send Nayoung to tell Chaeyeon that she wouldn't be there. Nayoung often teased Heehyun about her friendship with Chaeyeon.

"I can't believe my best friend is friends with a Hufflepuff! Do you know how silly you look?"

But Heehyun didn't care, because Chaeyeon was nice. Chaeyeon didn't care about the weird looks they got when they were together.

 

A few years passed, and the two only became closer. Chaeyeon eventually ended up in some of Heehyun's lessons and they would sit together. At first, Nayoung complained, but soon she came to accept Chaeyeon, even though she was a Hufflepuff.

It was September, meaning it was time to return to Hogwarts. Heehyun was already on the train with Nayoung and Sejeong. Nayoung and Sejeong were currently talking about what Sejeong did over the summer.

"Well, I didn't do as much as I wanted to, but we did go on vacation to see some other family. It was fun, apart from when I almost drowned in the swimming pool because my cousin decided push me in when I was asleep in a chair." Sejeong was rambling on. "Oh, and we got a dog! Obviously I can't take him with me to Hogwarts because he's the family pet, but I can't wait to see him again! He'll be a lot bigger the next time I go back home."

Meanwhile, Heehyun was staring out of the window looking for Chaeyeon. As soon as she saw her, Heehyun got up quickly and darted off the train. She quickly grabbed one of Chaeyeon's bags and helped her get onto the train, before pulling her to sit in the compartment where Nayoung and Sejeong were.

"Hi Chaeyeon!" Sejeong said cheerily. "Hope you had a good summer!"

"I did! It was great!" Chaeyeon said with a bright smile before sitting down next to Heehyun.

Sejeong and Chaeyeon began to ramble on to each other about what they did during the summer. Nayoung looked like she wanted to die of boredom. Heehyun was pretending to be distracted, but she was listening to every word Chaeyeon said.

Eventually, the train set off. An hour in and Nayoung, Sejeong and Chaeyeon had all fallen asleep, leaving Heehyun sat with nobody to talk to. Heehyun found herself staring at Chaeyeon. The other girl looked very peaceful when she slept. They'd known each other for a few years now. They were both sixteen, almost seventeen, and had both changed a lot since the first time they bumped into each other in the corridor. Chaeyeon had gotten insanely beautiful. Heehyun often wondered if Chaeyeon was even real, but whenever Heehyun told Chaeyeon she was pretty, the other girl would just laugh and shake her head, telling Heehyun to not say such silly things.

 

A few hours later, they were all sat in the Great Hall, watching the first years get sorted into their houses. When a house name was announced, the house mentioned would cheer and a space would be made for the new addition. After the ceremony was over, the students ate and most returned to their common rooms to rest. Heehyun was about to return to the Slytherin common room, when someone grabbed her wrist.

"Heehyun, you'll never guess what's happened!" It was Chaeyeon, and she looked shocked.

Heehyun frowned. "What?"

Chaeyeon looked around before leaning in closer. "Two Ravenclaw girls got caught making out in the bathroom by a prefect!" She whispered furiously with the most serious expression.

Heehyun started at her for a moment, before bursting out into laughter.

"I really thought it was something serious!" Heehyun chuckled. "You know, tons of people get caught doing unspeakable things in the bathrooms, silly. It's nothing new."

"But it's the first time I've heard about it!" Chaeyeon said with a frown.

"Well, congratulations." Heehyun patted Chaeyeon's shoulder. "Shouldn't you be returning to your Hufflepuff pals?"

Chaeyeon shrugged. "I was on my way until I heard that. I just wanted to tell you."

"Why?" Heehyun asked.

"I don't know. I thought you'd be interested." Chaeyeon said.

"Bit random, but whatever floats your boat." Heehyun grinned, ruffling Chaeyeon's hair.

"My boat is indeed floated." Chaeyeon said.

There was silence for a moment or so.

"Well, I better go..." Heehyun said, but Chaeyeon grabbed onto her robe.

"Can you walk me back to my common room?" Chaeyeon suddenly asked.

Heehyun paused. "Uh.. Sure?"

Chaeyeon smiled brightly. "Thanks, Heehyun!"

Chaeyeon reached and held Heehyun's hand tightly and they began walking together through the corridors.

"Why did you want me to walk you back anyway?" Heehyun asked.

"Because..." Chaeyeon hesistated for a moment. "I really missed you over the summer, Heehyun. I just want to spend lots of time with you."

Heehyun felt her cheeks turning red, before she realised Chaeyeon was looking at her.

"Oh uh... I missed you too." Heehyun managed to croak out.

"Are you blushing?" Chaeyeon giggled.

Heehyun shook her head. "No! I'm just feeling super warm."

They stopped at the entrance to the Hufflepuff common room.

"I'm not dumb, unlike what Nayoung thinks about all Hufflepuffs." Chaeyeon said with a grin, then she leant in, pecked Heehyun's cheek before disappearing into the common room.

Heehyun was stood outside for a good five minutes with her hand on the cheek that Chaeyeon had kissed.

Eventually, Heehyun came to her senses and made it back to the Slytherin common room. Nayoung was sat in one of the seats waiting.

"Where have you been?" Nayoung asked, frowning.

"Walking Chaeyeon to her common room." Heehyun said before slumping in the seat next to Nayoung's.

Nayoung snickered. "You're at that stage already? Keep it going and I'll win my bet against Sejeong."

"What bet?" Heehyun frowned.

"I bet that you and Chaeyeon would start dating within the first two weeks. Sejeong said a month." Nayoung said. "So you better hurry up and get dating."

"What about you and Sejeong? When are you two gonna start dating?" Heehyun teased, laughing.

"Shut up!" Nayoung grumbled. "Me and Sejeong aren't like that."

Heehyun smirked. "We'll see."

That night, Heehyun fell asleep thinking about Chaeyeon.

 

The next day, Heehyun was just leaving the Slytherin common room with Nayoung when she heard Nayoung mumble.

"Chaeyeon alert."

Heehyun looked up to see Chaeyeon running over.

"Good morning, Heehyun! Good morning, Nayoung!" Chaeyeon said with a bright smile.

Nayoung just nodded her head.

"Hi Chaeyeon. What are you doing here?" Heehyun asked.

"I wanted to walk to breakfast with you." Chaeyeon said, reaching to hold Heehyun's hand.

"I think I'm gonna go and find Sejeong, have fun you two!" Nayoung said, flashing a grin at Heehyun before running off.

Chaeyeon and Heehyun began walking along together.

"Did you sleep well?" Heehyun asked.

Chaeyeon nodded. "I slept really well! I even dreamt about you."

"Really?" Heehyun laughed. "What happened?"

"We were at the beach, we'd been swimming together, we should actually meet up and do that in summer, anyway, you were keeping me warm with a towel and you were cuddling me and there was a sunset and it was all really pretty and then you leaned in and--" Chaeyeon stopped as they'd arrived in the Great Hall. "I'll tell you later, bye Heehyun!" Chaeyeon winked at her, obviously knowing what she was doing, before running off to sit with some of her friends.

Heehyun grumbled to herself, rubbing her cheeks to try and get rid of some of the redness. She slumped next to Nayoung who was already eating.

"Start dating yet?" Nayoung asked. "Your face is all red. Did you kiss her?"

"No." Heehyun grumbled. "Shut up."

 

After breakfast, they had Transfiguration. Heehyun and Nayoung spent most of it turning paper into bugs and throwing them at each other, which got them a detention. They had another lesson after that, Potions. Heehyun hated Potions. She was always doing something wrong, even when she tried her best to focus and mix thing correctly. When that was over, Heehyun and Nayoung had a free study period. Nayoung chose to go to the library whilst Heehyun decided to go for a walk around the school grounds. Heehyun was about to turn a corner when she heard the very familiar voice of Jung Chaeyeon that sounded very upset, along with another voice.

"But why are you crying? How do you know your friend doesn't feel that way? Have you asked her about it?"

"Well... I've never asked her. Oh, I know she'll never feel the same about me... I don't want her to hate me... And what will the others say? They'll laugh if they know I have a crush on a Slytherin."

Heehyun's eyes widened. Was Chaeyeon talking about her?

"Don't lose hope, Chaeyeon! Maybe she will like you back. You just need to talk to her about it, or see if she makes the first move. And who cares what anyone else thinks? If a Slytherin makes you happy then it's nothing to do with them."

Heehyun decided that it was time to walk past, just in case anyone was watching her listen in. Heehyun stepped out from the corner and began walking. She saw that it was Chaeyeon and another Hufflepuff girl that she saw Chaeyeon with constantly. Heehyun waved and Chaeyeon waved back, obviously not in the mood to get up and follow her.

As Heehyun walked away, she heard the voice of Chaeyeon's friend.

"You're right about her looks though. She's super pretty. I'd go for her too if I was gay."

Heehyun almost fell over her own feet after hearing that comment.

 

Heehyun was sat by the lake trying to do some homework when she heard a voice call her name.

"Heehyun!"

Heehyun turned to see Chaeyeon running over.

"Sorry I didn't follow you out earlier, I was talking with my friend, I just needed some advice from her on something, but I think I know what to do now. What are you doing?" Chaeyeon rambled as she sat down next to Heehyun.

"Just some homework for Transfiguration." Heehyun said. "I heard what your friend said, by the way."

Chaeyeon began to look a little flustered. "W..What did she say?"

Heehyun cleared , before imitating Chaeyeon's friend's voice. "She's super pretty. I'd go for her too if I was gay."

Chaeyeon's face turned completely red. "Oh.. Uhm... About that... Heehyun, I--"

"Did you hear about that Slytherin girl and the Hufflepuff girl that got caught kissing by the lake?" Heehyun suddenly asked.

Chaeyeon stared at her with a confused look. "What--"

Heehyun silenced Chaeyeon with a kiss.

 

Twenty minutes later and Heehyun had been dragged off to the Slytherin common room by the prefect that had caught her and Chaeyeon kissing.

"Now, if it wasn't for the fact that the whole house has got bets on you and that Hufflepuff girl, you'd be in a lot of trouble, but since you just won me and some others a lot of money, I'll let you off the hook." The prefect was saying.

Heehyun frowned. "How many people?"

The prefect shrugged. "Kim Nayoung told us all about you and the Hufflepuff and how she had a bet with a Gryffindor girl, so we all joined in too. Anyway, don't let anyone catch you doing that again, or else you'll be in real trouble next time." And with that, the prefect left.

 

Later that evening, Heehyun had left the Slytherin common room and was waiting outside of the Hufflepuff common room. Surely enough, Chaeyeon came out.

"Heehyun!" She gasped. "Did you get in a lot of trouble? I'm so sorry for not realising someone was coming! Are you going to get kicked out--"

Heehyun yet again silenced Chaeyeon with a kiss, before pulling away.

"Everything's fine. The prefect didn't care that much." Heehyun said. "Let's go somewhere."

Heehyun held Chaeyeon's hand before walking along with the other girl. They passed Nayoung and Sejeong.

"Thanks for letting me win the bet!" Nayoung shouted across to the two.

Chaeyeon frowned. "What bet?"

"Nothing!" Sejeong yelled back, before hitting Nayoung's shoulder and pushing the taller girl along.

"What bet?" Chaeyeon repeated, nudging Heehyun.

 Heehyun shrugged. "It's nothing."

 

That night, Heehyun and Chaeyeon were caught again by another prefect for being out of their common rooms past curfew.

A lot of students, especially the first years, were talking about them the next day.

"Did you hear about the Slytherin girl and the Hufflepuff girl that got caught doing something inappropriate in one of the corridors?!"

But Heehyun didn't care. She had a beautiful girlfriend now who made her happier than she'd ever been, and she'd never stop loving her, or sneaking out to see her every night, even if she got in trouble with the prefects almost every time.