Day 1

The Moon to My Sun
Please log in to read the full chapter

The first days of school are probably the most hectic. Everyone stresses about what new outfit to wear, what classes they’re going to be in with friends, which ty teacher to avoid having, etc. 

 

“It’s too much to worry for in a single 9 hours of one day” Amber thinks to herself as she microwaves some cinnamon rolls for breakfast.

 

Jonghyun, her older brother was attending his first year in university tomorrow so he offered to drive his little sister to school today, but since Jjong can’t wake up for , Amber was forced to take the bus. School starts at 8:30 but everyone has to arrive early to pick up schedules, and at the moment it was…

 

“7:45!?? I’m going to be late!”

 

Poor Amber had to search for change to get on the bus quickly, She shoves the last cinnamon roll in before running out of the house, just barely making it onto the bus. A seat is free and she practically passes out in it. 

 

~~~

 

Luna likes to drink coffee in the morning, a habit she picked up from her dad. She's used to waking up early so she can drink her coffee in peace before getting on the metro bus to go to school. Now that she's had her coffee, she is content and waves goodbye to her father. 

 

It’s already 7:45 so Luna boards the approaching bus. Conveniently there’s a free seat so she sits down and puts her earbuds in, letting the sound of Run by BTS fill her ears. 

 

Someone runs on the bus, completely out of breath and sits in the seat across from her but she can’t see the person’s face as they're bent forward, attempting to catch their breath. Luna notices the person’s sneakers and her thoughts dwindle off to getting new sneakers for gym. 

 

~~~

 

“I’M HERE!”

 

“Aish, so loud and even on the first day of school.” Amber turns around to see her best friend since childhood checking her nails. Amber rolls her eyes as she smirks.

 

“Shouldn’t you be in your coffin right now Krystal?”

 

“Shouldn’t you be in a petting zoo right now Llama?”

 

The two fiercely hold the other’s gaze before bursting out into laughter.

 

 "Third Year students please come get your schedules by last name." The principal's voice booms out. The crowd outside the school shrinks as the third years move to get their papers. The girls join the line of people and engage in conversation about how summer was. Krystal had traveled back to the US to visit family, and her boyfriend Kai joined them on vacation which consisted mostly of romantic nights on the beach together. Jessica, her older sister, had given them her blessing on their 3 year relationship. 

 

Amber was forced to go to Taiwan to visit her grandparents who were probably 100 years old and were concerned most of the time that she would be in danger if she left the house. 

 

"I mean at least they had tv but I mean come on I need fresh air sometimes" Amber says as they finally reach the front desk. 

 

"Krystal Jung and Amber Liu" Krystal rolls her eyes at her friend's "drama". The teacher, Mr. Kim handed the girls their official schedules. 

 

Amber took a glance over her schedule.

 

" I got Ms. Kang for math again, ugh she's too

Please log in to read the full chapter