Together we'll separate (in our last dance)

Farewell to our last dance (never thought heaven has an end)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fifth Grade

"Good morning class!" The teacher came in with a girl, "We have someone new to be a part of this classroom!"

The girl's eyes travelled across the room, a quick scan to see the new environment that she'd have to deal with for the rest of the year. Her attention was caught with an empty desk that was beside a pretty girl who was smiling compared to the others whose faces fell flat. 

"Introduce yourself." The teacher told the kid with a smile and pat her at the back which sent her back to Earth.

"Hi! My name is Hirai Momo. I love to eat and dance. I hope that we'll get along together!" She bowed to the class.

The was no response from the class for a second until the teacher tells them to greet her, causing Momo to shy down. By the corner of her eyes, she noticed the girl giggle a bit (was it from her reaction?) which she quickly concealed with her hand.

"Take the empty seat over there." Momo slowly dragged herself to the desk, still shy (she was pretty sure this was because of her seatmate) and sat on the chair quietly.

"My name is Myoui Mina. Nice to meet you." The girl introduced herself wearing a warmer smile than before when Momo came in the room. "Ask me anything if you need to, okay?"

"Okay." Momo awkwardly did a thumbs up which Mina didn't seem to catch and the class started with Mathematics. First subject and Momo is barely awake, fighting for her life. Her seatmate didn't mind though. She peeked at Momo several times just to check on her and she giggled every time.

Recess came and Momo was inquiring about everything related to the school. Every nook and cranny had Momo raising questions but the most important one was "Where will we eat?"

Mina's lips curled into a smile yet again, "I'll show you my favorite place in this school." 

-

"You've been practicing ballet since you were a kid?" Momo was intrigued that someone was in her line of work (as she wanted to call it) as she did dancing too as a hobby.

"Yep." Mina picked a piece of her omelette and dipped it in ketchup and fed it to Momo, who ate it very well. "How about you, Momo? You said that you danced when you introduced yourself in the first day?"

"I go to a dance studio!" Momo's face brightened up as she found herself someone to discuss her passion with, especially with the only person she enjoyed being with in this school. "We do different kinds of hiphop genres!"

"Hiphop? Ooooh. The one associated with rap music, right? That's cool." The ballerina complimented even though she almost had no idea how the genre works. "There's this genre I really like called waacking." Momo started twirling her hands while flinging it in different directions in rapid succession and Mina was amazed.

The ballet room became their favorite place to stop by and talk. Mina and Momo were each other's favorite people which Momo really appreciated when she found out Mina doesn't really talk in class and was known to be a quiet and shy type of person.

They were just having a great time together.

Sixth Grade

Mina and Momo got into different classes but that didn't separate them from each other. They were only physically separated whenever they were in the classroom and every time they could, they still went together to do the things that they usually do. Eat, talk, dance and today they're just taking a nap at the ballet room.

Even in silence they had a great time. Just the feeling of being with each other had this feeling of comfort and bliss for them. They were happy.

Momo had her back against the wall while Mina slept on her lap, ever so soundly. Momo ran her fingers through Mina's hair, ruffling it lovingly. She enjoyed the sight of her favorite person being so peaceful right by her side, right by her arms. Eyes still closed, Mina smiled as soon as she noticed what Momo was doing. "Hey Momoring, is the lunch period over?"

Momo looked the wall clock, "Yeah." As expected from Mina, always precise about everything. Like clockwork.

-

"Us?"

"Yes. The teachers have discussed and have chosen both of you for the school's representative in the outside competition that the school is participating in and you're gonna do a contemporary dance piece. We already contacted both of your parents and both have agreed. Are you girls up for it?"

Mina and Momo looked at each other with sparkles in their eyes and nodded. Mina's hands searched for Momo's and gripped it tightly. Momo felt her chest tighten.

She gripped it too.

"That's great! You can start practicing as soon as you want. You have full access to the ballet room." The teacher smiled and walked away.

Without the teacher in the room, the girls squealed and hugged each other as a result from the immense internal joy that they felt.

"Momo, we're finally having our dreams come true!"

Momo's heart started to pound fast.

-

The stage was set and it's only soon till Mina and Momo perform as it was the last performer before they do get to take the stage.

Mina's glittering dress was white as snow with a slit on the side and Momo could see her from the other side of the stage. She looked divine.

It was nerve-wracking imagining herself being onstage. Hell, even if you win a Grammy award or a Hip Hop International medal millions of times you'd still be nervous everytime you step onstage, but Momo remembered Mina's encouragements before they separated.

That was all she needed to focus and trust in herself.

Do it for her.

She saw a glance of Mina's smile as the stage turns into pitch-black darkness and the name of their school was called. Their song was Roses and the concept was the nigh death of a lover.

And Momo sure didn't want to lose Mina.

 

I know it's past visiting hours
But can I please give her these flowers?

 

Momo has never danced so emotionally. Just the thought of losing Mina was something Momo couldn't contain feeling. She had Mina's back arching into her arms where they looked at each other in the eye. It was as if they were both in heaven. Their bodies got into a trance as the song ringed into their ears. They were not performing; they were telling a story.

 

I smile, when Rosie comes to see me.
And I can't wait for a sunny day, seeing it through your eyes
Can't wait for the clouds to break.

 

You're my angel, Mina.

 

-

Sleepovers were a usual thing for the Myoui and Hirai household. The two couldn't just be separated together but they had to choose where they actually wanted to stay. If they wanted food they would go to the Hirais and if they wanted to play video games they would stay in the Myouis. The two actually found a way to balance it. They would go to Momo's house to eat and head to the Mina's house to play and stay for the night.

Tonight was just straight to Mina's house. In a bed they shared, both of the girls were sleeping, exhausted from today's performance. They had their hands wrapped around each other tightly like they treat each other as their human bolsters.

Apparently Momo just had so much to think of from today's events that kept her awake past midnight. Mina was right infront of her face, hearing every breath she took. She just couldn't help but get lost in her eyes. She was way more beautiful than what she expected. These past weeks had her gripping for her life everytime she was with Mina because her heart couldn't calm down and her chest refuses to loosen.

The scent of Mina's shampoo filled her nose and Mina's pale and delicate skin with moles in it (she wanted to kiss them all). Her hands ruffled Mina's hair and the other running down on Mina's face.

 

I think I love you, Mina.

 

"Mmm?" Mina grunted.

 

"Did I say it out loud?" Momo's hand went from Mina's cheek to .

 

"I heard that." Mina's lips slowly turned into a smile with eyes still closed. Momo was flustered, her movement erratic. Losing herself is the last thing she wants to happen right now. She didn't want the sweaty palms, weak knees, and heavy arms. What if Mina was straight? She would lose her only favorite person and going to their favorite place would never be the same.

 

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?

 

"Yes, Eminem-sama."

 

"Mina..."

"I think I love you."

 

"I love you too, Momo." Mina finally opened her eyes and showed a gummy smile with a silver tooth.

"Like in a romantic way? Right? ...You had a silver tooth?" Momo couldn't think straight and her thoughts started to jumble.

"Yes and yes. I was waiting for you to notice it." Mina giggled under the sheets with her hair messy again.

Momo's fixed her hair by the ear, giving her a clearer view of Mina's face. They were quiet for a while, contented in just seeing each other's faces, contented in just feeling each other's presence.

Mina closed her eyes as if she was telling Momo to do something. "What do I do? What do I do?" Momo asked herself ad infintum. She leaned in for a kiss. A peck on the lips just perfect; not too fast and not too long. Mina's eyes locked on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter