excerpt'

✻ hiraeth'
hiraeth"
 
(n) a homesickness for a home you can't return to, or that never was'
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
August 29, 2015
 
That's the first day you met Park Jimin. You think. Maybe sometime in that month? It's not really an anniversary so you're not sure why it's even important. It was September probably, that sounds about right. Semantics.
 
It was fall semester at your college, and you had been following your best friend Ari campus as you'd started a semester after her. You were happy to be at the same school as your best friend however as you guys had been together since freshman year in high school. Ari had pretty much shown you everything by now...and everyone she knew. The amount of boys she tried to introduce you to was astounding.
 
"We can either get something from the cafe and eat orr get some fast food and chill at the dorm" Ari loved food almost as much as you did. Keyword...almost. You'd both finished your classes for the day and we were ready to relax and eat. Ari stopped in front of said 'cafeteria' and turned to you hopefully.
 
"You just want the cheese fries again" You rolled your eyes at her slight obsession with the signature dish. Every chance she got that's what'd she get and you weren't sure how she wasn't sick of it by now. Ari whined in response, pouting.
 
"Why would you not enjoy our country's greatest delicacy everyday if you could" Que another eye roll. "Please Maggyyyy"
 
"I don't know who Maggy is" You retort. That was the on nickname you couldn't sit well with. Unfortunately it was the first nickname everyone went to when they heard your name, Magnolia. You preferred Nola or Lia and Ari knew this. She just wanted to make you feel flustered so she can inch her way into he cafe.
 
She snickers reaching for the cafe door. "Nola, we can share some. I'll pay" Oh, that's what you were waiting for. The only thing you loved more than food was sleeping and not paying for food yourself You sighed before smiling and nodding and Ari squealed happily before swinging open the door and triumphantly walking inside.
 
You followed her into the line, looking at the overprice menu while Ari debated out loud if she should get two to wet her appetite. "If you want two just get two, if you don't you're gonna cry to me about it later" You added causing Ari to laugh.
 
"You're absolutely right. No shame tho"
 
"Ari?" You looked up from your phone to see who was calling your best friend. Ari did too and almost tripped over the railing that separated the line from all their other peasants. You snorted at her clumsiness but watched curiously as she went to hug a somewhat tall Asian boy you hadn't met before.
 
The fact that she had left the line at all for him seemed to indicate to you that he was something special and you eyed him warily. Did she like him? She hadn't mentioned anything about a crush other than Cameron and he looked nothing like she described. Ari hugged him excitedly and smiled returning the favor. Something in that small resonated in you. Your heart thumped like it had awakened from an eternal slumber. You frowned, pulling your books closer as if to hide it.
 
You hadn't really felt anything like that since high school when you dated your last boyfriend and that was Junior year. You had decided to focus on school as AP's where hard enough as it was and you didn't regret that decision. Tho now this unknown boy had somehow carved immediately through the barrier around your heart without even acknowledging your existence,
 
', get it together Nola' it was not the time to be distracted by anything. Especially not some guy with a cute smile...and perfect jawline. .
 
 Pulling out your phone and waiting for her was your best bet and only distraction from the nonsense your mind was talking but Ari grabbed your arm and pulled you closer to the two of them. No more waiting in line for food you guess. "This is my best friend Maggy" You scoff, and the boy snickers at the interaction. "Sorryyy, Magnolia Gray" Ari turns to you with a smile too wide to be anything but mischievous. "Magnolia this is Jimin Park, or Park Jimin. Just know his name is Jimin"
 
You narrow your eyes at her before looking at...Jimin if you heard correctly. Apparently he had been looking at Ari too and your eyes connected at the same time. he smiled warmly, I smiled that warmed your heart and your entire body. He took your hand nimbly and brought it to his face, near his plump lips that you hadn't been focusing on enough to imagine how they'd feel. Nope. He placed a slight kiss on your hand grinning. "It's nice to meet you Magnolia"
 
and your brain stopped functioning.
 
 

 

Author's Note: jUST A SMALL EXCERPT TO GET THE BALL ROLLING. I HAVEN'T WRITTEN IN A WHILE SO i MIGHT BE A LITTLE RUSTY, BUT i HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY IT AT LEAST. this IS A reader x Jimin AND Reader x Jhope story and im gonna tell you in advance, you're not gonna love jimin later down the line. Thats all im saying tho. It'll be you plus various people later but largely a Jimin/You/Jhope kinda thing, I've wanted to write a BTS one for a while now. Anyways, if you guys are interested I'll have the first chapter up in the next day or two. Lemme know if you want more. <3