#April13thJeongMiDay

One Year Later
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon and Momo gazed around in dismay. How do I let Momo went out from this room this morning? Jeongyeon thought as she surveyed the mess. It was one a.m., and their last schedule  just ended around two hours ago. Before they went home, they stopped at the usual restaurant serving their most favourite meal – but apparently Momo was the one who mentioned hunger in the car – which is none other than pork.

Hearing the sizzling sound of barbequed pork in the restaurant would not let Tzuyu to resist and joined them. After all, it was only tonight. “Only tonight,” Tzuyu reminded herself. Unlike other members, Tzuyu was strict in diet, especially after midnight. “Your face will get bloated the next morning,” she said, “But, owhh well, since we got no schedule tomorrow so let’s assumed today’s my escape day.”

And as usual, Jeongyeon and Momo never missed their chance to eat to their fullest.

Jeongyeon looked at Momo, raising her eyebrows, placing her hand on her waist, pointing the room. “I’m sorry, Jeongyeon,” Momo pleaded, “But would you please help me with this mess? I couldn’t do this alone.”

“What are you talking about? It’s your stuff. I won’t take any responsibility if one of your items is loss. I won’t hesitate to throw it away.”

Momo giggled. “I know you won’t do it. You’re my favourite, lovable, helpful and beautiful roommate, right roommate?” Momo hugged Jeongyeon’s hand, leaning her head. ‘Alright. Alright. Only this time,” Jeongyeon surrendered. “Thank you!” Momo gave her roommate a flying kiss before pushed her to the room. “Now what are we waiting for? Let’s get started!”

Jeongyeon pulled Momo’s hand and dragged her along into the room, “Only if you’re the one who start it first.” Both them laughed with their childish behaviour, remembering that it had been a long time since they played around and laughed their hearts out in the room.

 

Jeongyeon took in a deep breath and reached for a laundry basket. The bed was buried with Momo’s clothing, the floor was covered with Momo’s clothing and the cupboard was littered with Momo’s clothing. Momo’s clothing is everywhere! Everywhere! Jeongyeon collected the garments and threw it into the basket. If she did not get started and do it fast, she’d never be able to get rest and into bed. As she reached for clothes on the floor, a loud knock at the door made Jeongyeon and Momo jump in surprise.

Who could that be? Jeongyeon wondered, staring at Momo. Momo shrugged her shoulders, uncertain of who would be awake in the hour like this. She glanced at the clock on the wall. It was half past one. The members would be in the fitful slumber.

Well, except this one.

Another knock on the door. “Jeongyeon?” The voice was heard from the other side of the door. It’s a girl, surely a girl, but who is it? Jeongyeon thought.

“Jeongyeon-san?”

Ahh~ Momo responded, signalling Jeongyeon to open the door. She got up and opened the door, feeling relaxed when she saw Mina standing –  in a set of red with yellow-patterned smiley pyjamas and an extra huge penguin head bedroom slippers – smiling at her.

“Hi Mina,” Jeongyeon greeted, “What brings you here?” She leaned her back against the door. “Hi, Jeongyeon-san,” Mina addressed her older member politely, only to get another express reply from Jeongyeon. “Yes, Mina-ssi?”

Mina lowered her head and smiled, trying not to show how pleased she was when Jeongyeon was right in front of her. Even though it was a simple jokes – yes, I’m telling the truth. For Jeongyeon and Mina, addressing each other formally was a joke – but Mina was very, extremely pleased with the interaction between Jeongyeon and her. They were the only one who knew and understood the reason why they addressed themselves in such way, but, apparently they don’t have any idea how the things started for the first place.

“I-I-I’m,” she faltered. The sound of growled stomach came out before Mina finished her words.

“Owhh?” Jeongyeon responded. “Is the sound comes from our penguin’s stomach?” She approached Mina and hugged her from behind, tickling her stomach. “Jeongyeon! Stop!” Mina giggled, trying to pull Jeongyeon’s arms from her but Jeongyeon was undeniably strong, thanks to their supper.

“How do I want to stop? I can’t stand looking at your expression just now. You’re cute, Mina,” Jeongyeon tightened her hug more and itched Mina’s main ticklish part – her side body and stomach. Mina burst into laughing and collapsed into the floor, giving up to the attack. Jeongyeon only stopped when Mina’s face turned red – she exhaled more than inhaled – and only air came out from her lips.

Am I getting too far just now? Jeongyeon knew she'd done something pretty out of line when she saw Mina. “Jeongyeon, you’re wearing out Mina,” From the room inside Momo threw her jacket towards Jeongyeon, striking right on her back.

I know, I know.

“Mina,” Jeongyeon ducked besides her, placing her hand on her back and patted her. “You’re alright, right?”

Mina turned her head slowly – her black hair covered her face perfectly – as Jeongyeon narrowed their distance. “I I-I,” Mina staggered, “Mina, are you okay?” Jeongyeon kneeling before her, trying to take a look at her closely. When Jeongyeon was about to hide Mina’s hair behind her ears, she could see her right through her eyes. Jeongyeon could see her expression crystal clear. Mina–Mina’s smirking?

Mina got to her feet and pushed Jeongyeon’s shoulders, immediately pinning her into the floor and sat on her abdomen. “Ouch!” Jeongyeon exclaimed as her elbows hit on the floor. Mina calmly crawled her hands to Jeongyeon’s shoulders, smirking. “That what you get for attacking me first,” Her fingers mingled around Jeongyeon’s trunk before attacked her armpits.

“Wahh! Mina!” Jeongyeon cried out, “Stop it!”

“No, I won’t,” Mina smiled, seeing Jeongyeon’s reaction. “I’ll never stop until you begging me to.”

No I won’t let you win, Mina. In the midst of chaos in the hallway, Jeongyeon attempted to read the hand movement of Mina. When Mina started showing signs of tiring or exhausted, Jeongyeon immediately caught both hands of hers and pulled it upward, forcing Mina to lose balance and landed on Jeongyeon. Their body bumped on each other. The crash was less painful as Jeongyeon made it to land her hands on Mina’s shoulder at the same time. They remained in the fixed position for a very long time.

Jeongyeon was mesmerized by the deep swirls of brown that coloured Mina’s pupils. Mina's  eyes... Her eyes were brown. Light brown. Not any typical brown Asian mostly inherited but light brown that stands out – almost hazel-coloured eyes – especially when the light reflected and penetrated to her eyes. When she was cheerful they were warm, lively, and sparkled with mirth. When she was downcast they seemed to grow dim and dark. The smooth black on the edge contrasted beautifully with the light brown in the middle, capturing the heart of any person who gazed at her.

 “Hey, why with the sudden silence? Are you guys okay?” Momo shouted from the inside of the bedroom. Mina stood up faster than a cat fell in ice-water, every sense urging her to stand up. “We’re okay,” Mina caught Jeongyeon’s hand who struggled to get to her feet and pulled her up.

"We're ok, you and I. Okay?" Jeongyeon whispered, her dilating eyes showed as she asked the question, trying to hide the admiration feelings of staring the youngster. Mina nodded, she could feel her face turned red, blushing right now. The heat from her heart now travelled to her face, and Mina knew she was terrible in hiding her expression especially during the scene.

Someone really need to act normal right now. Jeongyeon sighed, shaking her head, trying to throw away those memories inside her head. If I kept thinking of it, I might lose control and kiss Mina right away. She smiled with her own fantasy. How I wish the gravity was at its strongest force. We could even kiss just now.

“Jeongyeon?” Mina shook her body, feeling awkward as Jeongyeon looked blankly at her, grinning.

“Yes, Mina, I love you.” Jeongyeon let out her declare without her realize, without her consciousness, without knowing that she was letting her confession escaped through , right in front of her crush.

“You’re what?” Mina shocked.

“I love you–” Snap Jeongyeon! What are you doing! “I love–” Think Jeongyeon! Think! “I love too if you want me to accompany you eating tonight, Mina–” You’re the stupidest person that I ever met, Jeongyeon. “–if you don’t mind.” Please, Mina. Just pretend that you didn’t hear anything from me.

“But I saw you and Momo ate three bowl of rice in the restaurant,” Mina amused, “Are you sure you’re going to eat with me?”

“I,” Jeongyeon cleared , trying to dig out any possible excuse just to spend time with Mina alone. “I’m craving for ramyun right now.”

“You are?” Out of nowhere Momo appeared without any single sound and interrupted the conversation, startling Mina and Jeongyeon a little. “But you told us in the car that the only thing that you want to do once we’re here is sleeping.” Momo leaned herself at the doorpost.

Geez Momo, why are you trying to ruin my chance here? We’re having a conversation here. Hello? “Yeah~ I remember that–,” Jeongyeon stood still in disbelief, giving her deadly glare at Momo and showed her firm clench. “–but if Mina wants a companion, I can be the one,” Jeongyeon turned Mina and smiled sheepishly.

“Ye–Yeah. Jeongyeon got lots of ramyun in her drawer.” Momo entered the room, took out two pack of Shin Ramyun Noodle Soup – Jeongyeon’s favourite flavour and Mina’s tolerable spicy noodle – from the drawer and passed it to Jeongyeon. “Furthermore, our Jeongyeon over here just refilled her stock last week. Am I right, Jeongyeon?" 

Momo walked, approaching her roommate, placing her arms on Jeongyeon’s shoulder. “By the way, Mina, you’re asking at the right person for another extra supper,” Momo pushed Jeongyeon hard to the extent that she almost lost her balance and slightly bumped Mina. “Besides, Jeongyeon decides to sleep late tonight. Why don’t you accompany her tonight, Jeongyeon?” Momo waved to her roommate and smiled. “Now please excuse me, I want to sleep. Until then, enjoy your meal.”

“Momo, what are you–” Before Jeongyeon made it to have a talk with her roomie, Momo closed the door in front her face. From the other side of the door, the sound of clicking was heard.

“She’s locking the door, right?” Mina asked. “Yeah, I guess so,” Jeongyeon turned her back and faced her. “Well we got two ramyun here. Are you okay if I want to join along?”

Please Mina. Please~

“Ye–Yes, sure.” Mina stuttered.

“Then, what are we waiting for?” Jeongyeon had her arm around Mina’s neck, pretending to lock her. “Let’s start,” Jeongyeon said as she dragged Mina along to the kitchen.

Jeongyeon’s proper height was the main reason why she felt relatively relaxed when she placed her arm around Mina, leaning on her, or even hugging her. Since Mina was shorter than Jeongyeon with the difference of  maybe 2 or 3 cm height – for Chaeyeong and Dahyun, height with more than 160 cm was definitely considered tall. Plus, everyone in the group were shorter than Jeongyeon except Tzuyu the Yoda – sometimes Jeongyeon thought that the height difference was the reason why she felt comfortable around Mina.

Who am I kidding?

Over the years after Jeongyeon knew her true feelings towards Mina, she tried her best to know her more. The aura of mystery reflected her name very well, The Black Swan. Mina was quiet and calm – even quieter than Tzuyu – and she was a type of person who engulfed everything inside, whilst Jeongyeon was the other extreme, the other way round, totally different if compared to Mina.

Over the years Jeongyeon questioned herself how she was falling in love with Mina with madness. Which part of Mina that made Jeongyeon crazy in love with her.

What is love? Maybe that was what love is all about. Love is just a word until someone is came along and gave the meaning of it.

Mina was the meaning of love. I’m definitely fall in love.

 

“Jeongyeon,” Mina pulled up a chair in a dining room and patted the older. “Why don’t you sit down? I’ll cook for us,” Mina smiled, flashes her hard-to-resist almost eye smile.

Owhh Mina. I’ll never get any cuter than this baby, right in front of me.

“Are you okay with that? I don’t mind if you need my help,” Jeongyeon opened up the ramyun package and separated the soup powder out from the plastic. “I’m so sure. You trust my cook, right?” Mina asked. She set a pot of water on the stove to boil and joined Jeongyeon at the table.

“Of course I do.” Jeongyeon passed the package to Mina. “I have been waiting for this moment for ages, you know. If there is someone appear who wants to cook something special for you and only you, that is the best moment for me.”

“But ramyun is not something special. Everyone can cook it,” Mina stood up and put the noodles in the boiling water before covered the pot with a lid. “Anything that comes from your hand is special for me,” Jeongyeon gave her a sheepish smile.

“Thank you,” Mina answered without turning her back facing Jeongyeon, stirring the noodles. “I–”

The phone buzzed in Jeongyeon’s pocket pyjamas, notifying her that a call had been received and she answered it immediately. “Hey Seungyeon. What’s up?” Jeongyeon covered the speaker of her smartphone with her hand before murmured to Mina. “Can I–”

Mina nodded before Jeongyeon could finish her words. “No problem. It must be important if your sister calls you in the hour like this.” Thank you, Jeongyeon spoke under her breath before went out to the balcony.

 

“Yeah unnie?” Jeongyeon switched the mode of the voice call to video call. Seungyeon looked messy on the other side of the video. She let her untied with the baby hair were all over her face, wearing a navy blue with white polka dot one dress, sitting on the edge of the bed, facing the dresser.

“Jeongyeon,” Seungyeon responded, “Your postage just arrived this evening. I’ll open it for you if you don’t mind,” she brought the smartphone and brought the camera lenses to a big package – wrapped with white paper with Jeongyeon’s name as the receiver. “Go on. I don’t mind,” Jeongyeon replied.

Seungyeon placed her smartphone on the bedside table, the camera lenses was facing the centre of the bedroom. She went out from the room before appeared again in the video with the package in her hand and sat on the bed. She knew the best position for her to unwrap it – she herself and the package were facing the camera – until the content was revealed.

Seungyeon crawled approaching the smartphone and waved at Jeongyeon. She brought her phone closer to the item. “It’s the Lego display case, Jeongyeon. I’ve checked it already. No crack. No smash. No scratch. Nothing. It’s in a good shape.”

“Glad to hear that,” Jeongyeon watched the video intensely as her sister changed the focus of her phone. The siblings faced each other and smiled. “Do you want me to transfer your Lego collection to your brand new case?” Seungyeon asked.

“No, it’s not for my Legos,” Jeongyeon denied. “Then, for what?” Seungyeon questioned.

Jeongyeon sighed lightly before continued, smiling, “Remember my leg cast?” Her sister nodded. “The display case is for my leg cast.” The eyes of her sister opened widely before she speak, “Woah~ you still keep the leg cast? It must be very special for you. Might be more special than you Legos collection. ” Her sister smiled.

Jeongyeon slightly nodded, “Yeah, unnie. You're absolutely right. The leg cast means everything for me.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of the Twice members sat on the floor in the dancing room, some were doodling on a notepad, some were daydreaming, some were talking and playing with each other, some were playing with their smartphones. Despite with their self-activity, each and every one of them could not stop thinking about the meeting with Park Ji Young later on.

“Guys,” Jeongyeon finally spoke up, everybody looked at her intently. “Does anyone of you have any idea why PD wants to meet us here?” As expected, all of them shook their head. Jeongyeon sighed, wondering in her own thoughts.

It was an ordinary morning for the members to go to the JYP building and practiced. As scheduled, the main vocalist went for vocal lesson, rappers for rap lesson and dancers for dance lesson. However, as their class were about to end, their teacher informed the members that there will be no class for the evening session as Park Ji Young wanted to meet all of them.

Tzuyu was certified by the members as the most updated members – she knew every single trending videos on Youtube, alert with current rumours or controversies on Naver, updated with recent media application on both Android and Apple phones. Soon after they dismissed their lesson, they gathered in the dancing room – the same room used by Momo, Mina, Sana and Tzuyu for dancing class – and asked Tzuyu if there was any news related to the members.

Tzuyu said no, much to their disappointment. Besides than cliché news about Momo’s hot abs or Tzuyu’s deer eyes or Dahyun’s insoles, none disturbing news about the members appeared as the top searched topic on engine search, both local and global.

A knock on the door started Jeongyeon back to her senses. She glanced up to see Park Ji Young standing in the doorway. “Good morning, kids,” he greeted, making hand gestures to the members to stop them from standing up and greeted him. “I won’t be here for a long time, however, I got an important announcement to all of you,” Park Ji Young turned his head and looked at Jeongyeon.

Even though Jeongyeon looked relaxed from the outside, but, deep inside her heart, she was trembling. Geez, sounds terrifying, she thought. “I’ve got an email from a reality-documentary show, ‘Law of the Jungle’. Everybody knows the show, right?” The girls nodded. “Well, for your information, your group received an invitation from the show to be a guest for their brand new location. Then again, only one member is allowed to join the show. After having a meeting yesterday, we had decided to send this member to the show.”

 

“I had to admit, Jeongyeon. You’re the most suitable member to be chosen. You’re in charge in catching insects in this dorm. You even snapped photo with the spider. You’ve hold a python, you’ve ride a donkey. Even you yourself is an ostrich,” Momo sat on the bed, watching Jeongyeon took out her climbing pack from the box. “I’m so jealous with you, roommate. It’s New Caledonia by the way.”

Jeongyeon placed the bag on the bed and smiled, “Do you have any idea where is New Caledonia?” Momo shook her head. As expected. The roommates laughed before Jeongyeon pushed Momo to the bed. “Then why are you feeling jealous? You don’t even know where the place is.”

“But at least you can get out from here.” Momo went back sitting on the bed.

“What here? This room? This dorm? We get out from here almost every single day,” Jeongyeon laughed at her own jokes.

“You silly. I mean out from Korea.” Momo folded her hands, sulking.

“Of course I understand.” Jeongyeon turned her back against Momo and approached the dresser, taking out her clothes one by one, piling it on her hand. She pushed the drawer back to its position and lost in her own thought, thinking the reason why she did not enjoy her departure within few hours from now.

It’s going to be tough if I couldn’t see her for two weeks. Two weeks is not kidding at all. It’s a very long time for me.

A knock on the door was heard. Jeongyeon and Momo turned their head to see Mina standing. Jeongyeon had to admit Mina was good looking, but it was not the reason why she have be keen on her. Over twenty years old of age, Mina had risen from a teenager to a young adult. The innocent was there, the gentle was there, the shy was there, the silent was there. Nothing changed.

“I just want to stop by and see you packing, Jeongyeon.”

That. That was the reason why Jeongyeon fall in love with Mina. Behind her ordinariness, Mina was gorgeous. When their eyes met, Mina smiled shyly and Jeongyeon couldn’t stop from smiling. The sweet melody of her voice comfort the trembling heart. Her presence appeared radiating from within melt down her irresistible aura to everyone, including Jeongyeon. God is real, she told herself, because this woman right in front of her is His masterpiece.

“I’ll excuse myself, Jeongyeon. Please, make yourself comfortable, Mina-chan,” Momo went out from the room before closing the door behind her. Thanks, roommate. I’ll never forget this.

“I– Ahmm~ How’s your packing?” Mina stood behind the door room, her hands

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter